Sign in to follow this  
Doc88

Colorful squares show up in game.  wierd glitch!

Whenever I'm playing the game, a whole bunch of little colorful squares are show up. They dissapear and reappear when I move my character around and when and I adjust the camera angle. It's very strange. Most are on the ground, but some are on threes and rocks and such. It's not really affecting the game, but it's very annoying. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help me? The people in this forum have been very helpful to me with all my other problems.

--Ed

Check that the cooling system on the GFX card is ok. These glitches usually occurs on overheated gfx cards.

It may be FADE. I somehow activated it and the game started tweaking out more and more. If it gets worse, try reinstalling the game.

How do I check the GFX card, and if it's cooling? I'll try to find out on my own, but if anyone knows...

--Ed

Only some of the latest graphics cards have the temperature monitoring you are looking for -- if you are overclocking your card, try running at stock speeds for awhile to see if that solves the problem.

Regarding FADE, I've never heard of color squares or similar graphics glitches being a symptom of it having kicked in.

Or just take the case off your PC.... wink_o.gif

How do I go about checking fade, or how do I see if the graphics card is overheating? If it is, how exactly do I stop it?

Thanks, Ed

How do I go about checking fade, or how do I see if the graphics card is overheating?  If it is, how exactly do I stop it?

If you have a legitimate installation of OFP, from an original CD, and are not using any cracks, hacks or whacks crazy_o.gif , you do not have FADE.

Are you overclocking anything?

Give us your system specs, in full detail, including the graphic driver version you're using. That might help.

Simple way to check your GFX card temp. Play for a bit, then open you case and touch your card (with the system off and while you're properly grounded of course). If it seems abnormally hot, there you go. Also, your system specs would help a bit smile_o.gif Could be a driver issue as well, had similar problems with a few other games that just started out of nowhere, even though they were working for a while. Updated drivers and it was fixed.

If you have a legitimate installation of OFP, from an original CD, and are not using any cracks, hacks or whacks crazy_o.gif , you do not have FADE.

Of course, if you gave your game CD and/or CD Key to your buddies so you can play online together, that may not be true...

I had the very same problem after installing 4.5 and 4.6 ati video drivers ... i then installed the 4.7 betas and all worked fine smile_o.gif

Seriously....check the temp. My flatmate had the same problem (coloured glitches) and it turned out that the fan wasn't working. The card is currently in Tawain ( crazy_o.gif ) being tested for damage! He's gone out and bought another card in the meantime because it's taking so long to get it back to him. Next time, buy a Leadtek....their replace policy is sooo much better!

Of course, if you gave your game CD and/or CD Key to your buddies so you can play online together, that may not be true...

That alone should not trigger FADE. That may cause being kicked off of an MP server but no more.