Sign in to follow this  
void_false

Custom mimics??

Hi there ppl! i was creating another OFP cutscene end encoutered problem with showing emotions. Currently we have very few face animations. these ones that you set with setmimic command. We dont have scary or fear mimics. So I want to ask Gurus here about it. Is it possible to make new face anims?

i beieve it might be possible, i've recently been making a new GUI for my mod (thanks to the author of the recent tutorial)

and in mucking about with the .bin files i have found the entry's for the mimic commands.

I cant see why you should'nt be able to define new ones, i noticed the originals in there and it looks like you can specify amounts to move certain sections of the face (looks similar to placing a camera around an object in a script (with x,y,z co-ordinates), obviously i dont think you can adjust Z (depth i think), but you should just have to work out what entries relate to what face parts and then adjust the amount in horizontal and vertical that you want the section to move by.

I'm certainly no guru at config editing (missions and islands are more my thing) but i'll go off and have a try at editing them and see what happens, if i make any progress i'll post it in here for all to see  biggrin_o.gif

just had a look at un-binned OFP config and here is a small excerpt from the mimic section looks like it might be easier than i thought rock.gif

class Hurt

{

lBrow[]={0,-0.350000};

mBrow[]={0,-0.500000};

rBrow[]={0,-0.600000};

lMouth[]={0.500000,-0.300000};

mMouth[]={0,0.300000};

rMouth[]={-0.500000,-0.600000};

time to try my crapping your pants mimic tounge_o.gif

after a bit of mucking around i have found it is indeed possible to make new facial animations (quite simple actually). biggrin_o.gif

here is the config file from a mimic pack i'm working on (just copy & paste) just remove any reference to BSF. you should be able to work it out it's all fairly self explanatory.

Quote[/b] ]

//CUSTOM MIMIC PACK v0.1 by Soul Catcher/BSF STUDIO's

//

//contact:xxxxxxxxxxx

//

//

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class BSFMimics

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.92;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgMimics

{

class states

{

class BSFshitit

{

lBrow[]={0,1};

mBrow[]={0,0.5};

rBrow[]={0,1};

lMouth[]={0.5,0.3};

mMouth[]={0,0.3};

rMouth[]={0.5,0.6};

};

};

};

Hope it helps

Well, i have no clue about addon editing, so i'll wait for your full public pack. Anyway, thank you very much for quick respond smile_o.gif

@Eda

it might be, but i don't think it would look too good. It seems

the only bits you can move are the bist listed in the config i posted above. So without actually being able to move the eyelids the only way you do it would be by moving the eyebrows down over the eyes and that would probably look crap.

Hmm... I was thinking about putting some new mimics in the ECP. But does this mean they don't have to be defined in the main config.cpp; that they can be put in any other addon?