Sign in to follow this  
purple-pach

No jump

I hope Flashpoint2 comes without a JUMP key.  After playing call of duty and watching the bunny hopping noobs jumping over bullets in MP, I quickly sold the game.  Other games also have noob jumpers and it makes the game totally unrealistic.  One of the reasons why Ive kept flashpoint for so long in my collection is the fact MP is fun and no1 jumps over my shot.

Why bother, Lets keep flashpoint in a league of its own and keep out the JUNC = JUMPING, unrealistic noob combat,

Some of us who play flashpoint play it because we're not fans of CS, Rainbow Six and GR. I tried battlefield and didnt enjoy that either. This game is the only war game to date Im really hooked on. I hope the new Flash2 keeps with what is good and doesnt tweak it to capture more of market from the other game types.

Been said many time Jumping wink_o.gif Thought jumping is shit in games.

purple-pach

Completely agree with you. The only thing i would like to see is ability to climb on objects. For example to get on a table.. tounge_o.gif

But that is so tiring. tounge_o.gif All that gear and stuff, to climb on tables is like basic training.

Ok climbing over stuff is good, so is roping down.

NO JUMPS,

personally i doubt its possible to jump with all your gear on your body, whoevever here has been in the army yet knows that i am right:)

Try, if you jump higher like 2 feet you get a twinkle biggrin_o.gif

But as earlier mentioned a climbing function would be cool. To climb up buildings and rope down, but if that changes anything into the way of one of the arcade games outthere than please forget about it:)

Day tounge_o.gif

I'm talking about just being able to go over suck objects as sandbags. Because ATM you just "go" through them wink_o.gif

CoD's first patch fixed the noob jumping. What they did was after u hit the ground after jumping, your speed is slowed down a little bit and u cant jump for another second or two. Trust me, all the noobs that panic and start jumping lost that option when that patch came out. Jumping is possible with all that gear on, I just dont think you wanna act like a kangaroo with it on.

Jumping would be nice, wouldnt hurt the game, and would definately come in handy. As long as they use the ideas from AAO or CoD like stated above, MP has no worries.

I dont think its right to sacrifice an important option of control becuase you had some bad experiance with noobs. Game companies have solved it.

The Rainbow 6 games? You can climb things but cant jump, and it doesnt seem right being tied down on the floor. And you guys call urself realism freaks....:) Since when is being glued to the ground realistic...cmon....

CoD's first patch fixed the noob jumping.  What they did was after u hit the ground after jumping, your speed is slowed down a little bit and u cant jump for another second or two.  

sorry, but this sounds still stupid and arcade, it doesnt fit into ofp. imagine someone running and suddenly fire is opened upon him.. first thing that comes to mind he JUMPS to evade the first bullets; this is ridicilous.. nobody jumps in a good war simulation. only exeption would be a light jump combined with going prone behind cover, but definately not a separate jump key

Perhaps we could have something like 'semi-automated animation'. Where an object that would be considered passable, or navigable under certain circumstances, will have a corresponding animation. IE, the player pushes a button which forces the 'men' or 'soldier' class to enter a certain kind of animation unique to that kind of object. Such as leg over leg at a small fence, or making the soldier hold water sensative objects over his head whilist wading through water, e.t.c.

The possibilities could be endless.

The solution is to just make it realistic. Yes, you can jump with all your kit on (even with full PLCE on.) You can't however, bounce around like a kangaroo, changing direction in mid air, etc.

Or just to allow jumping over things, or climbing onto objects.

EG you can use your jump key to vault a fence, but not just to jump.

Like above,, id settle for the climb option once you are near a object the jump comes into play,,, If the coding is possible it would be good to use a jump only when in prox of an object,, so then we can jump over sandbags and small walls yet not be allowed in open combat with no objects to jump over..

If the option of free jump is in,, IT WILL BE ABUSED.. and ruin this game

The Rainbow 6 games? You can climb things but cant jump, and it doesnt seem right being tied down on the floor.  And you guys call urself realism freaks....:)  Since when is being glued to the ground realistic...cmon....

We have options for parachuting we aren't glued to the ground. But I'll tell you what, you show me a video of soldiers in combat jumping over stuff (not out of vehicles, but on the ground) and then you tell me what's realistic. wink_o.gif

To be honest, Im in no mood to go looking for a jumping soldier.  On the other hand....trenches.  Are soldiers never supposed to jump over them?  Is it the law in the military?  What about streams?  Ditches?  Railings on porches?  The list goes on.

Please dont go on about how u want OFP2 to be realistic if you dont think soldiers jump.  I admit, it opens another chance for arcade gamers to exploit, but there are ways to fix that.  

I understand that u may not want jumping in a game for certain reasons, but dont go to the point of saying soldiers don't jump...trust me.

***EDIT***

Fixed typo

Being a former infantryman, I'm pretty sure about what happens on the battlefield. wink_o.gif

You don't jump. You're carring 40 pounds of equipment, add maybe 40-80 more pounds if you've got your rucksack on. At least in the context of a game, you don't really jump in any significant way to be worth simulating. Even jumping over a puddle is a pain in the butt when you're in the field. smile_o.gif

You can run over trenches, but that doesn't necessarily involve jumping. Trenches are pretty narrow and all the ones I've ever seen have an equal height on both sides of the trench.

It's just not worth the risk of having MP weenies, IMHO.

My friend was in the 82nd during Grenada and I got to talking about this subject with him, and he said his unit did numerous "confidence courses" and they had to jump obsticles a lot. He was an FM radioman, and when he landed, he talked a lot about how in the middle of a firefight youre nearly jumping over anything, as if youre just running normal, the risk of tripping over things can get u killed.

Anyway, just my two cents... wow_o.gif

BTW, what branch/division/unit were u in hellfish?

No jumping! Its one of the reason I like OFP. If I wanna jump I do some circle straifing tricks like the rail to bridge on DM6 in Quake3 tounge_o.gif

Mmm, I think at the most and closet we should come to jumping is vualting.

Also you can't stand in one spot and jump to waist

height really. crazy_o.gif

Also the ability to loose balance, slip and fall should be added.

Especialy if a grenade or similar device lands near you and doesn't kill you, your player should become disorented. tounge_o.gif

IMO Jumping should be added to get over annoying small obstacles, like knee height fences, small rocks etc. I really don't want a spectacular waist height jump but more of a 'hop' to avoid annoying situations. Furthermore the soldier should slow you down a bit after a jump, because he has to regain his balance. I like the way the developers of H&D2 did this, small jumps and stamina drain, in that game I never use a jump unless absolutely neccessary.

My friend was in the 82nd during Grenada and I got to talking about this subject with him, and he said his unit did numerous "confidence courses"  and they had to jump obsticles a lot.  He was an FM radioman, and when he landed, he talked a lot about how in the middle of a firefight youre nearly jumping over anything, as if youre just running normal, the risk of tripping over things can get u killed.

Anyway, just my two cents... wow_o.gif

BTW, what branch/division/unit were u in hellfish?

Confidence courses are typically run in PT gear or just BDUs and boots - I don't remember ever running one with a combat load. Same with obstacle courses.

And as for jumping in a firefight, yeah, you jump over small potholes or dead friends, but in OFP you don't need to do that - you basically walk right through them. And you certainly don't trip over anything.

If we had seriously high terrain resolution, where sidewalks were inches above the pavement and small to medium-sized rocks presented a problem of mobility, I'd agree that jumping might be useful. But if OFP2 looks anything like other modern games, jumping will be basically useless and used exclusively for MP play.

Last unit I was in was B Co, 1-178th Infantry (Air Assault). 35th Infantry Division. I'd also served in ARCENT Kuwait, 1-4th Infantry (OPFOR) in Germany, 11th ACR (OPFOR), and the School of Infantry and Fort Benning.

Hi all

Jumping No

Hurdling Yes

Obsticle Climb Yes

I see hurdling as just an anim addition. If you run at a low wall or fence you can hurdle it but your center of mass does not alter so there is NO Cheater Strike style buni hops. If you hurdle a shot to your chest aimed at you running would hit you just the same. And the hurdling should make you tired more quickly so your gun bounces round more for longer afterwards.

Obsticle Climb of high walls up to 10ft about what I can do.

1) Gun must be on back; probably no backpack or secondary weapons but allow it to be picked up from the bottom of the wall with haul rope or better have it thown over the wall.

2) Animation is run at wall place foot up about 3 feet high knee compresses storing energy and slightly raising player off ground and altering angle to wall to bepicked up after the wall climb.

3) Energy stored in knee bend is released fast acceleration up but slightly away from wall.

4) Hands reach up and forward to grasp wall top

5) Body swings to left or right and heel hooks top of wall

6) Body continues swing through to a rock over (technical climbing term) where the foot rolls forward to the flat position and on to the ball of the foot.

7) The knee bends.

8) Arms haul the trunk of the body up until hips are level with wall and arms are locked straight (called a Mantle Shelf in Climbing)

9) Oposite elbow to foot which is on wall unlocks

10) Body tilts to side of unlocked elbow raising oposite hip

11) Body rolls horizontal on to the wall

12) Body rolls off to oposite side arms straight holding top

13) Body drops to floor knees bending to absorb impact.

I am a climber the above is an accurate description.

Kind Regards Walker

I'd agree that hurding and some object climbing would be useful. 10 foot walls sounds about right for the limit.

Jumping..?

In war don't they say to keep your head down?

I think we should get a jump button for Mp CS dropouts, where you jump up and you 'fly' straight into the path of a bullet that would have otherwise missed you.

Jumping..no good.

Any obstacles.. well how many obstacles are there in ofp which you could get over with jumping? Not many, unless you like to see what churches look like from above..

Well, fences and walls and the like. It'd keep you from having to walk through the gate, or creating a gate with a satchel.

Confidence courses are typically run in PT gear or just BDUs and boots - I don't remember ever running one with a combat load. Same with obstacle courses.

Hm,

I was at Budel/NL for the German Air Force and we had to do the obstacle course with a lot of things on, especially the G3 was a hell to carry.

We had to make a jump, so we could climb a 1.5m high wall. We had to jump with the gun in our hands btw. The smaller guys like me, needed help.

I was glad that we didn't had to wear a vest or a backpack, this would've killed me. The second time we had to put our gas masks on...  crazy_o.gif