Sign in to follow this  
JGreyNemo

Tornado addon by alexeyz - beta

Via EdgeGaming

Quote[/b] ]Posted by editingman - Thursday, May 06

Marcin told us that AlexeyZ released yesterday a beta version of a Tornado addon. Some parameters can be changed by the missionmaker for example speed of the tornado, tornado's direction, form of descent etc.

You can get it here:

http://www.ofpbase.com/pafiled....&id=366

I just tried this out.... this is awesome.  Doesn't lag your machine like many other scripted mass destruction elements.  And the forces of nature add a new force to be reckoned with in OFP gaming.  Nice work AlexeyZ!!!  biggrin_o.gif

sm_1LL.jpg

sm_2LL.jpg

Tested it and it's ..... REAL FUN! Everything's flying arround and crashes  tounge_o.gif

The only problem is, that it's only in russian  crazy_o.gif

But anyway ... cool stuff!

MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Wow this is awesome!

Really nice, and barely bogs down your computer (unless you are close and look up towards the top)

But this is strange.. if you look at the script you will find the line<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_obj = NearestObject [_xt,_yt,_zt]

Yet without defining anything to find, it finds the nearest object?(Trees, tanks, units, whatever) I thought this was impossible because you need to define something, and removed in earlier versions of ofp because of a bug?!

Well if anything this opens up a whole lot of more scripting fun for me biggrin_o.gif

Wow this is awesome!

Really nice, and barely bogs down your computer (unless you are close and look up towards the top)

But this is strange.. if you look at the script you will find the line<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_obj = NearestObject [_xt,_yt,_zt]

Yet without defining anything to find, it finds the nearest object?(Trees, tanks, units, whatever) I thought this was impossible because you need to define something, and removed in earlier versions of ofp because of a bug?!

Yeah i think that's how it leaves it's "trail of destruction" without having to add script definitions to every single object that can be affected by the tornado.  Do it around the patches of forest (not the memory efficient forest blocks, but the individual tree patches ie.  Trees that can be run over by tanks) and the tornado pretty much simulates the "finger of god" effect of cutting a neat swathe into the tree line with some objects completely destroyed and some untouched.  Great scripting work.   wow_o.gif

Does that mean we could have effective cover scripts wow_o.gif ? Where the AI moves to the location of the nearest object and ducks/prones ??. and also great work AlexeyZ!

God. Yes.

I was waiting for AEF's Tornado.

Is this the same one? If not whatever. This one's great!

It doesn't lag either. Which is just the cat's ass.

I'd love to make a deathmatch or teamplay map on Ghie with sporadic tornados to add some spice to the gameplay.

That would be a nice novelty to play around with.

I was waiting for AEF's Tornado.

Is this the same one? If not whatever. This one's great!

No, it's not, though it looks very similar.

And may AlexeyZ forgive me for this smile_o.gif

The translation of readme file:

-the version of OFP must be at least 1.85

-copy SM.Abel into OFP\users\yourname\missions, run the mission editor and press Preview

-if you want to use tornado in your mission please take a look at these parameters

Create a Game Logic object on the map, then in its Initialization line write the following:

[name_logic,dir,skor,spusk,pog] exec "SM\sm_SM.sqs"

where

*name_logic is a name of the Game Logic object

*dir is a degree by which the tornado will be moving (where the tornado will move). if you don't specify this parameter it will be randomly selected

*skor is the speed of movement of the tornado:

0-tornado is not moving

1-tornado is moving slowly

2-maximum speed

the speed is 2 by default but you can change it at your own will

*spusk -the way the tornado will appear:

1-it will descend from the sky

0-it will appear on the ground

Be default it is descending from the skies

*pog- what the weather will be like:

0 or any other number-you will choose the weather in the editor yourself

1-cloudy weather

By default 1 is used because a tornado looks pretty unusual in a sunny weather

-You have to specify name_logic only for the tornado to appear. All the other parameters (if not specified) will be the default ones

-Also by the command "name_logic setDit dir" (where dir = 0...360) you can change the direction of the tornado's movement at any time

-Tornado will disappear if it goes away from the player on a distance longer than 2500m or if the global parameter stop_sm will be true (in other words stop_sm = true).

-used global parameters: stop_sm, insm.

Ok that's the end of readme file, thanks to AlexeyZ for the addon!

Have to say that this tornado is great work!

Didn't know about this syntax of "nearestobject", which offers a lot of new possibilities  biggrin_o.gif

btw. from SM_sm.sqs:

Quote[/b] ];Special Effect for AEF-Campign Trailer 1 © by Dschulle;

Thanx for first version better go to Take of Tim  wink_o.gif

But as vektor said, AlexeyZ's Tornado is not related to "our's" and his is even better, so again: great Work!

Does that mean we could have effective cover scripts  wow_o.gif ? Where the AI moves to the location of the nearest object and ducks/prones ??...

I was just going to say that, maybe we finally get a decent "take cover" script

Well if anything this opens up a whole lot of more scripting fun for me  biggrin_o.gif

NearestObject [position] simply finds the object, of ANY type, that is nearest to the passed position. This could be a bullet hole, a sand bag, a unit, a bush, a 'forest' object; basically anything on the map except the bare ground. If you want to see some more info on how this could be used to make a 'take cover' script, check here.

I put the game logic in a trigger to start the tornado later during the mission. It worked in SP and in Hosted MP but on a dedicated server the tornado started but didn't move! Can anyone help?

This is great,, not even an addon,, I wish there was some missions redone in english, thats how i pick up the codes of usuage by understanding the mission.. Sadly the hints in game are Russian.

wizoz2.JPG