Sign in to follow this  
Brute_Impact

Stupid simple question.. (yes i used search)

I cant seem to figure out how to get somone to enter a empty vehicle, Im setting up a mission where guys will sentry a position, then when they see the enemy they will get in a car, pick up reinforcements and then come back.

Ive tried everything to get them into the car, but they just run up to the car with the get in command, then run and get the reinforcements while running.

How do I get units to enter a empty vehicle???

the best thing to do is to make a sentry waypoint, and then make a get in waypoint on the car u want it to get into. The trick is to set the waypoint ON the car, not near it. When you go to set the waypoint, hover over the car so its name comes up and double click.

After that make a trigger, whatever conditions you want, and set the type to "Switch". Syncornize (F5) it with the "sentry" waypoint. Now when the switch is activated it will make the unit get into the car. From after that its your choice what it does

Hey

There is probably a good way to do this thru scripting, but i suck at that.

Use 'move' or 'talk' instead of 'sentry'. Ive always had trouble getting the units to move off sentry after the trigger is set.

So, call your sentry man1, and place a talk or move waypoint where you want him to be a 'sentry'.

call the car you want him to get into car1.

call your other man man2.

create a 'west detected by east' trigger around the area you want the sentry to guard, and sync that to his move waypoint.

then create a 'get in' near car1. in the init, type man1 moveindriver car1

add a move waypoint to near where man2 is standing, and then a 'load' waypoint to where you want him to get in.

for man2, near the load waypoint of man1, place a 'get in' way point' with; man2 moveincargo car1

then you will have both men in the car. waypoints back to the battle are done with man1, then a transport unload and a getout waypoint, or 'unassignvehicle' command in the move.

I only know how to do this for 1 man at a time. i am not sure how to use the commands for groups - i know it looks something like 'for eachunits this' or something..... sad_o.gif

hope that helps a bit!

mick