Sign in to follow this  
wantingcobra

Mercedes g500, g-55 amg, g500 brabus

Guest major gandhi

I really appreciate that someone made some good civil cars like this one. They are pretty usefull as cars for diplomatic missions and such stuff. But they ceratinly lack quality. I don't know if this is only my problem but in first person view, the modell has holes. The textures are crappy as well, eespecially at those jeeps. Couldn't you make some reasonable ones and fix the modell, than this addon woul really be worth playing.

I do agree that the addons are not good at all and well below the quality that we expect but in defense of the makers it must be pointed out that creating any addon is a learning process and takes much time and dedication.

I tried making addons myself (that's why I lost a lot of hair) and know how difficult it is and utterly frustrating.

PH

my guess is that it´s just an early beta, atleast i hope so...

These. Are. Atrocious. crazy_o.gif

Edit - You should only release betas if they look decent or if you're testing out scripting.

Guys first addons so its not going to look pretty, so the qualtiy isn't up to some of your snobby standards. Not everyone is a skining wizard. Don't recreate the mistake that happend with Mechanic cause a few number of people lack tact. The modle itself is good, maybe Silsten (can't spell his name) might invoke some of his skin magical goodness upon this nice addon and make it look pretty for the snobs. Ya gotta start someplace.

A few of you, I exspected better from you in your posts, and have pretty much lost a bit of respect from me.

Wantingcobra if you need help pm me see what I can do to help.. As for the addon keep working at it, you'll have to excuse some of the posters, some of them are usually more helpful than this normally.

In my previous post I was not trying to upset the makers of these addons in any way but more to encourage them to keep going ahead with their projects.

I tried in vain to make a simple crate addon last year and had so much trouble with the texturing that I gave up. I have no tolerance for this kind of stress that's why I have the deepest respect for any addon makers for the work they do.

PH

Quote[/b] ]so the qualtiy isn't up to some of your snobby standards.

My standards aren't snobby, I just ask that vehicles aren't done in single colors. That's not a tremendously high standard, is it rock.gif ?

Quote[/b] ]Guys first addons so its not going to look pretty,

That's why I didn't release my first models. They weren't good, so I just laughed and put them into an archive for safe-keeping.

C'mon guys, give this guy some praise.

He's done better than I and a lot of people could do.

Although I do understand that they're not the best they could be, but be patient and encouraging.

As I say......"Practise Makes Perfect" smile_o.gif

Keep going wanting cobra

Aook smile_o.gif

Comon guys, There are better ways to give constructive critisism than that. I was kinda offended and I didnt even make it :\

About this addon:

Theres alot of work that needs to be done on the outside texturing still. The screenshot above of the interior looks superb though. Good job so far man.

Quote[/b] ]Theres alot of work that needs to be done on the outside texturing still.

There, you said what I said in a more polite manner tounge_o.gif .

"Snobby standard" <- rock.gif

Everyone wants high quality addons, and this one isn't.

I feel free to say this in an open forum.

I know he is new and not so experienced, but this pack is pre-alpha state and in my opinion not ready for a release.

---

It is my way to say that this addon maker has to learn a bit more.

It means not: "This addon is crap like hell!"

Everything clearly now?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Here's some constructive criticism: make sure you get the outside view positioning corrected... it's way off, it's neither of the "BIS-driver-POV" nor vehicle-center type... I prefer a vehicle-center-outside viewpositioning!

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Complain complain complain, make a better one if you dont like it.

You mean make one instead of converting one?

Just ignore those comments that are unhelpful m8, you got the first step of addon making by bringing a creation into the ofp world.. Only way is up from here. Keep at it..

As for the others look at their post count,, I mean 1500 since August 2003 for example.. Doesnt it say Spam, jeez one a day wouldnt even be more than 300 posts. Suggests lack a life and someone who may like to read they opinons for fun. People like those are responsible for bringing down addon makers and Mods with negative comments. Brush it off and carry on m8. True fans of ofp with any level of maturity appreciate addon makers time and effort. Afterall its all for free and just a game smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just ignore those comments that are unhelpful m8

You won't be able to learn anything if your policy toward comments is "Don't worry, be happy". Instead of trying to do silly self-esteem boosting exercises, I'll just point him to this thread, which contains links to some tutorials which he can hopefully use to improve his texturing skills.

Quote[/b] ]People like those are responsible for bringing down addon makers and Mods with negative comments.

Right now, I'm texturing plants for a mod which you may someday download tounge_o.gif . I've never brought down a mod, or an addon maker. It's a simple fact: We all have to go through a lot of trial runs to make something worth giving to the community. Every addon-maker in this community goes through tens, if not hundreds, of prototypes as he learns skills. They're interesting to look at personally, to see how far one has progressed over time, but they usually aren't made available for the public because they're just prototypes. Why should people post alpha-stage models? Why not look at the model, play around with it, then improve it some more?

Quote[/b] ]True fans of ofp with any level of maturity appreciate addon makers time and effort.

That's the problem, there doesn't seem to be much effort put into these textures. If he'd dropped the paint can and picked up the paint brushes, I'd have been a lot more impressed because he would have actually tried to make his car look realistic. Even if he didn't make very good quality textures, I think some of us would have appreciated his making an attempt at good textures.

Quote[/b] ]Suggests lack a life and someone who may like to read they opinons for fun.

A fair portion of those posts have been spent defending addon-makers who take a long time to bring polished addons to the table.

it alot about understanding and perspective,, fair enough to your points, yet some people dont react to critisism aswell as others,., So perhaps a softly approach helping him on his way first time around would be great.   As a mission maker ive seen some of the awful comments made about peoples missions and it makes me nervous b4 a release so i must make it perfect,, then perctionist conflict sets in.. and 99% of missions i make dont get released..

Not everyone is full of confidence and some im sure a shy people using the PC as a outlet for communication and expression. (p.s. no not me ;))