Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Battlefield 2 announced by ea gamges

And a soldier was blown off a roof when a BH passed him on a distance of ~2 m.

by blown i think you mean with missiles and not "blown off by air" oh and on just before he is "blown off" it looks like the blackhawk blew the smoke away ..... dynamic smoke or somethink smile_o.gif

by blown i think you mean with missiles and not "blown off by air"

I didn't but I checked again and yeah you're right, you also hear "got him" from the radio.

It's a PS2 title. Otherwise I'd buy it with OFP Xbox.

Take my word: BF for X box is coming and il look for the preview for you to proof you are wrong with PS2 smile_o.gif

Well the original link made no mention of an Xbox version. Llauma has since provided me with a site in Swedish with the correct info. You'd be suprised how easy it is to pick up Swedish when you need to.

oh BTW do you notice that the F15 is doing the job of a F-16/A-10?

I watched those three E3 videos and it does look like pretty good fun, what it does it seems to do well, only downside for me is when you watch the planes fly over you see how small the city is, but that's to be expected smile_o.gif

wow, those videos look quite impressive wow_o.gif. It looks like something nice to play with ... for a while, but I'm affraid it lacks that which many games lack, they're not ofp tounge_o.gif. hehe, no seriously, it looks fun.

I watched those three E3 videos and it does look like pretty good fun, what it does it seems to do well, only downside for me is when you watch the planes fly over you see how small the city is, but that's to be expected smile_o.gif

If you played any other Bf games ( take BF mod: Desert combat ) you see they have those kind off citys but the more on the map so you got more citys except from one big one.

( also Im sure they will make 1 big city map to fit your needs wink_o.gif )

I've seen the screenshots, and I know my 1.5ghz will SCREAM if I put that on by the looks of it. Destructable terrain, ragdoll, etc. BFV even runs a little slow at times.

Hopefully you won't still be stuck with a 1.5ghz Q1 2005 smile_o.gif

The actual size of the map fluctuates depending on the amount of players in the serve wow_o.gif which is cool, so no more searching around a map when playing with 10 mates on a map designed for 64 ppl.

Quote[/b] ]And speaking of helicopters, we're told that it will be easier to fly thanks to automation for things like hovering.
Quote[/b] ] It shouldn't get confusing, though, as the flight model is relatively basic,
Quote[/b] ]he MiG couldn't take down the U.S. jet though,

Translation - we have dumbed down the game so much that any idiot can win fights by randomly mashing their keyboard.

Sounds terrible.

Quote[/b] ]And speaking of helicopters, we're told that it will be easier to fly thanks to automation for things like hovering.
Quote[/b] ] It shouldn't get confusing, though, as the flight model is relatively basic,

Translation - we have dumbed down the game so much that any idiot can win fights by randomly mashing their keyboard.

Sounds terrible.

same as OFP then eh.

The point is, BF was ALREADY so simplified in all of its controls that simplifying it even more means its going to be like a train in the sky. PUSH UP BUTTON TO GO FORWARD. PRESS SPACE TO FIRE ALL GUNS. AUTOAIM ENABLED.

By that they mean they have made it simpler to fly helicopter with the mouse, at the moment its tricky unless your experienced how or use a joystick.

And the:

which you didn't include:

Quote[/b] ] The MiG couldn't take down the U.S. jet though, because it had flares which knock the MiG's heat-seeking missiles off the trail.

Hovering will be like ofp autohover

lmao, im an experienced pilot in OFP, and the very few times i played BF could never fly a plane without crashing 10 secs later biggrin_o.gif

lmao, im an experienced pilot in OFP, and the very few times i played BF could never fly a plane without crashing 10 secs later  biggrin_o.gif

well may be we aint dumb enought to fly those things biggrin_o.gif

the makers of bf1942 want shooting... the spitfire is a mkxiv... it should be a mkvb... and there are the yanks at arnhem bridge and loads of other silly mistakes... you can also reverse the planes amongst other silly things... cant comment on battlefield vietnam in that respect cous i dont know as much about it. the only observation i can make is the missiles on the phantom are wrong

lmao, im an experienced pilot in OFP, and the very few times i played BF could never fly a plane without crashing 10 secs later biggrin_o.gif

The very first time I played BF I found the planes too simple, you can repeatedly loop the loop around the bridges in the wake atoll mission, for example. Too simple - not fun.

Video presentation of BF2 (lots of action) biggrin_o.gif

Fileplanet

Bittorrent link (Eurogame.net)

(53MB)

After seeing the video I cant wait, although its still looks beta (the blackhawk hovering weird and no plane damage when it hits the ground). Locking on missiles looks good and blowing the bridge up while theres a tank on top or simply ramming people with the dump truck is something to look forward to smile_o.gif

The BF series is OK until you play the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again with the same people doing the same bullcrap in their freaky letter-and-number language over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Then it gets old.

And then it dies.

And then you play OFP again and say "wow, this is the best thirty bucks I've ever spent"*

<span style='color:#D1D1DD'>*Also include the two military jeeps which have spawned off of it, the fuel to get them, the parts, not to mention the dedicated server which has been running for over a year... eek!</span>

........Unless you play the Interstate 1982 mod

oh and battlefield TV looks extreamly good, spotting cheatings with ease smile_o.gif