Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Battlefield 2 announced by ea gamges

OFP2 is what will get me to stop playing OFP1 and that's about it.

I agree!

Let's hope BIS is not going to make it "arcardish" for the sake of some little more money.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

You right. Let all those kiddies play camper strike type games and listen to one backstreet boy is gay and britney spears. and we'll continue enjoy OFP smile_o.gif

Yes, I'm sorry. I must be too young for this forum because I play BF42/V regularly. I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not old enough, not mature enough, or too stupid to be here.

I'm sorry, OFP forums, I must be a immature and disobedient person because I play BFV. I would just like to say I'm sorry for not being up to your high standards, not being able to be at the same level as you.

Thank you, all, for labelling me as a "kiddie". I must truely be so because you say this.

If BF2 is anything like BF1942 was, you can expect to see the "MEC" with better equipment than the real Russian Federation.

I distinctly remember playing BF1942's Russian and US Maps, and being shocked to find out that they were carrying British equipment.

Having something set in '44 Belgium without an M1 Garand present is just... wrong...

It may "suck" but damn its fun to play over the govt. network at work with a bunch of people. When you just wanna blow shit up (or fellow employees). We went from Quake, to Half-Life, briefly to OFP (just explaining the game was a pain in the ass), to BF42 and mods.

If BF2 is anything like BF1942 was, you can expect to see the "MEC" with better equipment than the real Russian Federation.

I distinctly remember playing BF1942's Russian and US Maps, and being shocked to find out that they were carrying British equipment.

Having something set in '44 Belgium without an M1 Garand present is just... wrong...

... or the MP18 (German WW1 submachine gun) which magically appeared in BF1942.

I'm not saying that the BF series is bad, necessarily. Hell, I play Day of Defeat and you can't get much more braindead than that. wink_o.gif

Sometimes I want to play with tactics in mind - so I play OFP. Sometimes I want to camp and gun down people with an MG42 in DoD. The BF series seems to attempt to want to do both, yet fails miserably. All I remember about my brief, horrid time playing BF42 is people bunny hopping and screwing over teammates at the spawn points. At least DoD restricted bunnyhopping.

If people had the free right to walk around in cars in flashpoint while the vehical was in motion, I would hail this game till the end of time.

So Substituting BF92 only keeps me happy so long, then im back here.

Quote[/b] ]Dostoevsky once said "Mankind is stupid. Phenomenally stupid."

Millions of people in the world also listen to Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys. Does that mean that just because so many people listen to them that they are good?

No, of course not. It just means that many people are attracted to shiny things. Like monkeys and fish. The BF series is shiny, but that's about it.

sven hands back the forums filosopher trophy to hellfish

Well I have never played eny BF series game but they seem quit unrealistic on some points example the equipment first Ruskies whit Brit guns crazy_o.gif some wired(I am not sure if it even is) M16A2 in Vietnam crazy_o.gif and now I see a M1A2 abrams whit smoke lunchers mounted on the "turret" which I have never seen, it was only the first abrams ho had that. mad_o.gif Now why can't people make realistic equipment is there a law against it I havent heard of or what mad_o.gif

STGN

I will check out this game for sure, I`ve only played the

BF 1942 demo though and I liked that one pretty much.

It seems like a fun diversion from the prefered realism of OPF and in my opinion just about any game that is team based can be good/fun if you play with the right people.

Surely in my clan I do so no problem for me smile_o.gif

If people had the free right to walk around in cars in flashpoint while the vehical was in motion, I would hail this game till the end of time.

So Substituting BF92 only keeps me happy so long, then im back here.

you cant do it in BF too wink_o.gif

thats what happen once i have seen in BF:v

me:Hey mike why are you hanging around in the chopper and not sitting down?

B: Screw it, who care................

(the kid just fly out of the chopper and get killed)

Well I have never played eny BF series game but they seem quit unrealistic on some points example the equipment first Ruskies whit Brit guns crazy_o.gif some wired(I am not sure if it even is) M16A2 in Vietnam  crazy_o.gif and now I see a M1A2 abrams whit smoke lunchers mounted on the "turret" which I have never seen, it was only the first abrams ho had that. mad_o.gif Now why can't people make realistic equipment is there a law against it I havent heard of or what mad_o.gif

STGN

Yes because every game has to be uber realistic rock.gif, o and Vanilla Flashpoint has some inconsistencies.

Arcadish games are good, it keeps some unvanted people away from OFP, unfortunatly it probably keeps away wanted people too.

I think BF1942 was pretty fun for a while but OFP is more my kind of game. I tried BFV and I thought that it was worse than BF1942.

Im gonna give BF2 a chance, just because its not OFP it doesnt mean it sucks, it just means you wont play it for three years.

Well I have never played eny BF series game but they seem quit unrealistic on some points example the equipment first Ruskies whit Brit guns crazy_o.gif some wired(I am not sure if it even is) M16A2 in Vietnam  crazy_o.gif and now I see a M1A2 abrams whit smoke lunchers mounted on the "turret" which I have never seen, it was only the first abrams ho had that. mad_o.gif Now why can't people make realistic equipment is there a law against it I havent heard of or what mad_o.gif

STGN

Yes because every game has to be uber realistic rock.gif, o and Vanilla Flashpoint has some inconsistencies.

The point is, the designers didn't do much research beyond the game code and player models. Some of the things left out of Bf1942 could have seriously affected the side you choose. Like the Red Army having a Ppsh 41 with the full 71 round mag would kinda make a difference or the Enfields having their full 10 round capacity, or semi-auto M1s.

STGN

The point is, the designers didn't do much research beyond the game code and player models. Some of the things left out of Bf1942 could have seriously affected the side you choose. Like the Red Army having a Ppsh 41 with the full 71 round mag would kinda make a difference or the Enfields having their full 10 round capacity, or semi-auto M1s.

why should they? the game was never supposed to historically accurate also im sure all greivences where solved in the addons.

Joining DracoPaladore in the kiddie area, I also like BF1942. Kick up the bots to about 250% and it can be a lot of fun for a 30minute chill out.

Whats wrong with being dumb sometimes? Besides, at least the Battlefield games never pretended to be anything else unlike games like BHD which will still sell themselves as realistic simulations.

I'm not going to try to force you to play it if its not your kind of thing but I'm not going to stop enjoying it because some poeple here are stuck on their realism high horse.

I do question how far they can milk this style though. 1942 was fun but I have no interest in adding Vietnam, The Star Wars version or others to my collection unless somebody can really improve the single player side of the game. It needent be more realistic, just deeper.

Quote[/b] ]Kick up the bots to about 250% and it can be a lot of fun for a 30minute chill out.

I do that...

I'm not telling anyone to stop either. I'm just saying, it would have been a whole lot better if they had added a few more weapons, and actually tried to make the maps resemble their real life areas more closely.

Regarding wrong maps, Kursk comes to mind. They practically made it into a pine forest...

I should probably stop ranting for the day...

In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China,or the newly formed Middle East Coalition.

Sounds like C&C:G to me. rock.gif

Its not a bad game just because its unrealistic: its a bad game because the gameplay is not very good. The weapons are not fun; the vehicles are not fun, the game is not fun.

Quote[/b] ]Battlefield 2 brings the intensity and excitement of its predecessors, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam into the modern era

So people will have to wait for a year to get same BF crap as before except with modern stuff?

Well some people consider this as news...

hmm - i just can't understand all of this negative

feelings about the topic of this thread.

See - i'm 100% OFP freak - this game has changed my

life. Before OFP i've bought a new game (or two) almost every month. OFP did then settle me down as i just haven't got any

time left to even consider taking another game's cover to

only read the description on the backside of it.

Now i do love making missions + scripting + hanging around

every day at 3 OFP sites (here - OFPEC - OFP.info) - i just

can't let it be  biggrin_o.gif

I got now a whole lot of addons, which i think do cover a wide

range of different situations for war. Everytime a new addon

is released i'm running in circles followed by a moonwalk and

a flip flop ending up in a loud hip hop horray.  tounge_o.gif

I've been playing multiplayer in a squad for a long time, +

i've also got great experience when it comes to multiplayer

mission making.

I've tried to support the mission editing comunity with solutions for their problems here and at OFPEC and i'm still

doing that. I've always tried to recreate the situations they

expected to get to work, just to come back with a working

solution. I've even learned most of the stuff i know that way.

But now i've reached a point, where i just can't spend 8 hours

in ofp without getting the feeling: "i've already seen that".

I know about so many things, just not possible or only by

complex workarounds.

Let's say: free movement inside moving vehicles.

as some here already mentioned it's a worse thing, i've seen

alot of ppl complaining about it's not possible in OFP, but

would fit perfectly into their situation.

Let's name one more: close quarter battles

It's just not really perfect actually in OFP - say what you want

now but that's a fact.

Before i continue i'd like to say: i still can't live without having

to start OFP at least once per day, just to hop into the editor and if it's only for making a few clicks. OFP is still my favourite game, as i've never had a game like that before.

Well that should be clarified i think let's go on:

I am playing BF desert combat and BF 1918 (ww1 mod).

I must say - i didn't expect anything more from that game

than it's featuring and i'm really fine with it.

If i want to have a piece of trench fighting, i start 1918 mod,

and if i want to go for some close quarter battles, i start desert combat mod.

Many players are online - that's a fact - not the best comunity ingame as there are a lot of tk'ers or spawnkiller's

but it doesn't take long to find a game where it's ok.

OK, 1918 mod i haven't been playing for a while so i don't know about it's actual players online states.

Now there are a few things in multiplayer functionality where this game has gone one step one step ahead of OFP - this

off course as it's been supposed to be a multiplayer game

right from start (OFP veterans do know the story, how high the multiplayer aspects were taken when codemasters said:

it's time to make money with the game now).

The thing i don't understand is: why do so many guys just

speak against BF instead of ignoring it if you don't like it.

If this would be a thread about a new addon being released,

alot of mods would have already been cumming in there to say: "if you have nothing constructive to say about this topic - let it be"

For some reason this thread makes me feel that some ppl do

fear that "the best game i've ever seen" has to fear another

one. Let's hope this won't happen when OFP2 comes out and

ppl start complaining: ah that's sh** and a*se #%$f* nobody

can ruin my ofp 1 world.

BF is in no way reaching the stage, OFP did for us, but still

it's fun if you just want to start a game for half an hour or

even 2 hours. It's also only a monoton game, covering only

one aspect of gameplay, while OFP features a lot of different

aspects, but it's still not bad at all in that.

Finale: OFP  is the most exciting experience in pc games i've

ever had, but BF is ok if you want to go for some straight

fights just for fun. There's no reason for comparing these two

different pairs of shoes IMHO.

:edit - lol - totally lost the main topic now biggrin_o.gif

I will for sure at least have a look for BF2 when it's there.

~S~ CD

Well said Chris. Most of you here are being ridiculous and just bash on BF, even though 90+ % of you haven't even tried the game. Say what you want, but Digital Illusions must be doing something right since a lot of people are playing their game and they've got some awards.