Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Battlefield 2 announced by ea gamges

hey all

Well, just got news from the EA Games site about this new battlefield 2, which will use an all new engine that is rumored to enable you and even AI to command people of lower rank. Even commanding them to lay down, get in vehicles, and other things...or so i've heard from Battlefield Forums. I hope that this one will be the best they have ever released!

chopper_small.jpg

Helo (Large)

tank_small.jpg

Tank (Large)

Here is the offical report on it!

FROM EAGAMES BF1942 OFFICAL WEBSITE

Quote[/b] ]EA AND DIGITAL ILLUSIONS ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF BATTLEFIELD 2 FOR THE PC

Award-winning Battlefield Franchise Sequel Invades the Modern Battlefield

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 20, 2004 – Move out soldier! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Digital Illusions today announced that development is underway on the sequel to the award-winning Battlefield 1942™ PC game. Battlefield 2™, scheduled for release in spring 2005, moves the franchise forward in time to invade the high tech frontlines of modern warfare. Powered by an all new game engine, Battlefield 2 brings the intensity and excitement of its predecessors, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam™, into the modern era with the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.

In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game’s 30+ vehicles to engage in major conflicts with over 100 players in some of the largest online battles on the PC.

Battlefield 2 features immense, richly detailed, destructible environments, from city streets to remote forests, in some of the most notorious hot spots around the world. Each map in Battlefield 2 adjusts in scale to support the number of players in the world, providing the ideal vehicle-to-player ratio and an optimized game play experience. Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock awards, including new weapons, vehicle decals, medals, and more.

Additionally, Battlefield 2 showcases an all-new game engine and physics system to bring the modern battlefield to life like never before. The new material penetration feature measures weapons’ ability to fire through barriers based on their composition and players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive.

Battlefield 2 is being developed by the original Battlefield 1942 Sweden based developer, Digital Illusions. Electronic Arts will publish and distribute the game for the PC under the EA GAMES™ brand worldwide.

Quote[/b] ]In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition.

Arabs and Jews Unite! biggrin_o.gif

You played both bf1942 and bfvietnam? dude...those games rock ass. Seriously, in the begining, i thought what a crappy game this is...it sucks my ****.....but hell, after i played longer and longer, I realized it was FUN!!

hahaha!!! no way dude. 0FP 4ever. BF is a commot arcade. And arcade leader is DOOM. So better advice those Camper Strike players to try it smile_o.gif

Not for the real gamers that make this world a world of gamers. We crave fun, not all the time non-stop realisim. If thats all that was about for computer games, we wouldn't have alot of people playing computer games.

Not to mention, OFP is not played by a large majority. Though Counter Strike, BF 1942 & BF Vietnam are played by an extremely large amount of people everyday compared to any other computer game out there, so far not one is beating the amount of players seen online playing those 3 games.

~Bmgarcangel

Not for the real gamers that make this world a world of gamers. We crave fun, not all the time non-stop realisim. If thats all that was about for computer games, we wouldn't have alot of people playing computer games.

Games do not *have* to be realistic to be fun. BF and its sequels is not fun. IMO. Its just a terrible game.

Say that to over 5,000 players that play it online with me everyday...

Gets out the loudspeaker:

Bellows to 5,000 BF players:

Your game sucks monkey nuts

After ofp i cant see some other games. it makes me sick! it takes me few seconds to play a game and tell it that it is sux! I hate the way to run forward bakward left right with the same speed and with shooting extremely accurate. I vomit whe i see these games.

Only the greates sequels are still atracting me. Such as command and conquer doom ...

Not to mention, OFP is not played by a large majority.  

Dostoevsky once said "Mankind is stupid. Phenomenally stupid."

Millions of people in the world also listen to Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys. Does that mean that just because so many people listen to them that they are good?

No, of course not. It just means that many people are attracted to shiny things. Like monkeys and fish. The BF series is shiny, but that's about it.

Millions of people in the world also listen to Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys. Does that mean that just because so many people listen to them that they are good?

No, of course not. It just means that many people are attracted to shiny things. Like monkeys and fish. The BF series is shiny, but that's about it.

Exactly biggrin_o.gif

You are a genious Hellfish.

one thing that does interest me is the relation of the size of the MP map with the amount of players in the server, so if there is only 5 ppl on the server the map will be a size that suits that 5 ppl, but as more join the map gets larger. also the world ranking system is interesting.

HOOAH Hellfish! biggrin_o.gif

cant find any better then that

(well let me add, look at Halo, it is very arcade, but for atless it got a good story)

i been reading previews of this game, and it doesn't seem all that interesting to me since you can only have a total of 24 players at a time. im looking more forward to GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.

I am a die hard OFP fan, and always will be. Other than the early nintento Zelda games, OFP is # 1. On the other hand, there are times where I feel like playing BF1942, BHD, etc. I've noticed that the OFP community in general is a very arrogant community, saying that OFP is the best. I totally agree, but IMO people need to open their eyes. In a way I'm almost afraid to mention any of the more "arcade" military games, as I will get flamed up the wazoo. I just wish people in the community would respect other games, even though it may not be up your alley.

I dont mean to point anyone out specificly, just the community in general. Maybe its because its a small one compared to other games, and everyone gets a bit of cabin fever.

On that topic, take ofp.info for example. The comments section. That used to help me a lot, but it turned into a flamers paradise, and in the end had to be shut down. It just seems that this community can be so positive and friendly, but the minute it hears something that it isnt into, it turns into a warzone.

Just a request to other people in this community... please be tolerant. From there things can work out so good. I understand a heated debate is a wonderfull thing, but on the other hand, a flamers paradise isnt.

Help give back to the community that has given you so much...

You right. Let all those kiddies play camper strike type games and listen to one backstreet boy is gay and britney spears. and we'll continue enjoy OFP smile_o.gif

And those games are played by many ppl, cause it's made for them.

Simpel, stupid and much "boom'n'bang".

But many ppl playing it, does not make those games better.

Battlefield "insert name for next title here" is just one example.

It is fun on a LAN party for a short time, but thats all.

A good game is worth to buy, but those type of games are not.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

At this point. I'm still an OFP addict and I dont see that changing anytime soon for any of these piles of crap games coming out with good box art.

OFP2 is what will get me to stop playing OFP1 and that's about it.

smile_o.gif

EDIT: Just look at how bad Soldner is turning out to be.