Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! bradley pack 1.0 released

I have the same problem with Laser's GRU soldiers, but don't have it with HYK or CBT Crew soldiers!

Do you have the dog-addon? YOu know the walking one. After I removed it erverything was fine again.

Had the same problem. The addon afaik is called   tcp_testdog.pbo

Mfg MEDICUS

i think the problem for me is caused by the fact that the lod switches the soldier model to the default BIS soldier model, thus distorting the textures.

anyone has any insight on this? i've tried removing all the possible addons that might be causing this problem (including the dog), but its still there.

edit: found a picture here

if u look at the soldier thats in the distance, u'll see that his vest is missing a chunk and the uniform below is exposed.

i have no idea, got it off a random post. help would appreciated on that lod problem

can you add some destroyed models maybe.. this would top it

Yep, like that idea, too. Some static destroyed Bradleys would be very nice!

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif

I still have the LOD problem where the tracks and wheels aphear 2 dimensional. Turning up the LOD bar doesn't seem to help.

Also if you really wanted to get fancy, you would make the turret fly off when it gets destroyed. I heard someone say that the turret wouldn't fly off an APC in real life. Flying off could only be caused by detonation of large caliber ammunition cook off (the bradley only carries 25mm), but I think this is untrue. The turret could easily fly off when shaped charge warhead penetrates the armour and creates over-pressure inside the tank, causing the seal between turret and hull to break.

Another small issue. In real life the Javelin is capable of targeting aircraft as well as tanks and bunkers.

this link proves my point.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/javelin/

Towards the bottom it says that in direct fire mode the Javelin is used against bunkers buildings and helicopters. Top attack mode is used against tanks because they have thinner armour on top.

Realistically though you probably couldn't take out an SU-25 or Mig-29 unless they are landing or taking off. They're just too fast for a fat slow AT missile, but a Hind or Hip shouldn't be any problem for the Javelin.

Good News!

I sat down, figured out and got us a working and animated TOW launcher that AI can use.  Plus it can only be used under 5 KPH. The answer WAS within the DKM Commanche.

It will be in the next update. Oh and sorry, no patches this time around.  I'm not familiar with the patching programs and found out from one source that it's not possible yet on a compressed PBO.

1 Question:

Is it normal, that the Bradley stops if it is shooting (AI Gunner, manuel fire or human Gunner(MP))?

Quote[/b] ]I sat down, figured out and got us a working and animated TOW launcher that AI can use.
 smile_o.gif

Great!

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

1 Question:

Is it normal, that the Bradley stops if it is shooting (AI Gunner, manuel fire or human Gunner(MP))?

Quote[/b] ]I sat down, figured out and got us a working and animated TOW launcher that AI can use.
 smile_o.gif

Great!

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Since the TOW is wire-guided, in real life, you must be at a complete stop.  I am setting it to less than 5 kph to shoot the TOW, this way AI has some chance.

Since the TOW is wire-guided, in real life, you must be at a complete stop.  I am setting it to less than 5 kph to shoot the TOW, this way AI has some chance.

Ok, but i have the same thing if the MG or the HeavyMG shoots.

MEDICUS

Ok, but i have the same thing if the MG or the HeavyMG shoots.

MEDICUS

Oh, you mean in Bradley Pack 1.2? No. Mine fire on the move.

Oh, you mean in Bradley Pack 1.2?  No.  Mine fire on the move.

Hmm, i have V1.2 and it sometimes stops during fireing. But perhaps this only happends if someone with an older version is playing, too.

Btw, i remember some very, very nice pictures of a MEDIC M113. May i ask about the "status of progress"?  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDCIUS  smile_o.gif

oh this sounds promising, would look pretty cool

btw, if you dont mind my asking, is it possible to tone the fire effects down, they are a real fps killer, especially in MP sad_o.gif

Here is the problem that I have....

ofpm2.JPG

If the picture doesn't come up, then you can see it on this link...

OFPEC forum

I tried turning up my settings, but the problem won't go away.... I don't know what else to do.... it's an awsome addon, but it simply doesn't work right on my CPU.

Hmmm, it looks this way for me:

brad.jpg

Settings:

Quote[/b] ]Direct 3D HW T&L

Textures:

Objects: 1024 x 1024

Texture heap: 16MB

Objects LOD: 0.019

Mfg MEDICUS

ive notice that 99% of the time when I have graphics problems I end up just needing newer drivers

or a newer card.

I bet you fall into one of the two biggrin_o.gif

lol

Here is the problem that I have....

img]http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/attachments/ofpm2.JPG[/img]

If the picture doesn't come up, then you can see it on this link...

OFPEC forum

I tried turning up my settings, but the problem won't go away....  I don't know what else to do.... it's an awsome addon, but it simply doesn't work right on my CPU.

You do know that in the OFP-configuration (not the in-game options menu) you can change the LOD setting? And you also know that you have to LOWER the value for a higher LOD in-game. May sound stupid, but I made that mistake in the beginning.

Give us the details of your OFP-configuration and you syystem specks and we could provide you with more help.

[edit] just read your post on the OFPEC forum. To answer you question that you asked over there; you can't. If you don't turn up your LOD bar you will never get a bteer result than the above picture. Sorry [/edit]

Just an update on the next version of the Bradleys. Shadows are fixed and we have a working animated TOW launcher.  Here is a very short video of the progress. biggrin_o.gif

Download Video

Nice! smile_o.gif

Btw, i remember some very, very nice pictures of a MEDIC M113. May i ask about the "status of progress"?  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDCIUS tounge_o.gif

Looks really good, I'm looking forward to the update.