Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! bradley pack 1.0 released

Does anyone else have visual problems with the Bradleys?  When I get out and look at the Bradley (even up close) all the tracks and road wheels are 2 dimensional.  Even the spare tire that is mounted to the turret is 2 dimensional, and you can see right through the bottom of it.  It looks quite rediculous.  Personally I would rather use the BIS Bradely.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Also I get an error message when firing TOWs, but I think that is because this pack isn't compatible with the ECP mod.

nope, i use ecp and it runs fine. and the wheels look pretty 3d to me.

I have all that info... and it would take a very long time to corrolate it all. Seriously - I don't know if it's worth it. If it means that much to someone, they ought to do the research and scripting themselves for their missions.

99% of the players won't know or won't care if 1-4 Cav had M-3A2s or M-3A2ODS in 1995. I can't imagine it would be worth the scripting headache for Rudedog, but I guess that's up to him.

Ohh can you send me that info?

would love to see that.

any maybe i will script it

My LOD setting is at about halfway. I refuse to set it any higher because of heavy lag that is encountered when flying aircraft. I wish he would just make a better low LOD model.

A "better" low LOD would have a higher poly count and will be more demanding. If you insist on having your LOD setting as low as it's now, than you'll just have to live with it. It's a detailed vehicle that will run perfectly when you set the LOD settings to normal.

FYI,

I have released version 1.1 of the Bradleys Pack. See first post for D/L link.

Aleady downloading, sounds good so far.

FYI,

I have released version 1.1 of the Bradleys Pack.  See first post for D/L link.

Thanks mate! unclesam.gif

No patcher? 26 megs all over again? aregh <redownloads>

No patcher? 26 megs all over again? aregh <redownloads>

Sorry, I'm not familar with creating patches, otherwise I would have.

sry rudedog but the texture bug i reported is has not yet been corrected on the m3a1's and m2a1's  sad_o.gif

Thx for adding the weaker TOW for the early Bradleys.

One thing I noted is that on some variants, the bushmaster chaingun uses 2 rounds for a single shot and sometimes it uses single rounds per click. Is that intentional?

Have you considered to lower the armour a little bit on the non reinforced applique armour IFVs? Would be really great if you would make this, like I suggested previously. Furthermore the suggested adjustment of the ammo loadout (230 HE and 70 AT per reload each) would be really great.

Keep up the good work!

Sorry to do this to you guys, but I experienced the prime example why you should not release something at 5:00am.  I u/l'd the wrong version of the file yesterday. crazy_o.gif  So I u/l'd the right version and named it 1.1a.  If you d/l'd 1.1 you just need the hotfix file.  

Links are in the first post.

AAArg that means I have to download the hole pack again  crazy_o.gif

No, you just need the hotfix file if you d/l'd 1.1

AAArg that means I have to download the hole pack again  crazy_o.gif

No, you just need the hotfix file if you d/l'd 1.1

ahh didyn't senn the hotfix tounge_o.gif

thx for it!!

Quote[/b] ](I love my ADSL)

I do not love my 56k tounge_o.gif .

Edit - But I do love Rudedog's hotfix biggrin_o.gif .

How come the cbt_brad.pbo from 1.1 and 1.1a have different filesizes and checksums, although that file is not part of the hotfix? Which one should i use, the one from 1.1 or the one from 1.1a?

I compared them and both are exactly the same, just compressed differently I guess.

I thought so, it's just that i had put the new pack into ofp watch and some of my players loaded the hotfix and still got a "missing addon" as ofp watch compares checksums.

Nice to have that confirmed though ;)

Really nice work, Rudedog! Just excellent! And this vehicles are rellay bad enemys without any sence of humor (especially the M6 Linebacker)  tounge_o.gif

But would it be possible to add a feature in the next release/update that allows missionmakers to set manualy the intensity of the fire-effects? That would be very cool! Perhaps something like the options in ECP (low/medium/high/insane(?) wink_o.gif )?

It's just cause i relly love this awsome fire-effects with this hugh smoke-column. It looks great, but lags like hell in MP. The framerate lowers to a complete freeze on slower computers. Especially if there are more than 2 or 3 destroyed Bradleys.  sad_o.gif

Such a feature/option would be nice, cause i really don't want to deactivate the effects.

THX and again: GREAT work!

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif