Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! bradley pack 1.0 released

This pack is really Got one question are you going to make a working-opening back ramp because the bradleys really need that and it would be good for cutsceens?

I sacrificed that option to keep the face count down in the lods so I could enhance other parts of the vehicle and add stowage.  It would only serve no functional purpose except for cutscenes, as you said.  This would mean i'd have to add a complete interor to the first lod, which would increase the face count extremely.

Ahh shame but it still a great addon i reall enjoy it plaing in ofp  biggrin_o.gif

I could agree on having a slightly increased armour than the OFP bmps, but it should only prevent the vehicle from blowing up. The damage should still be enough to disable either the tracks or maincannon or kill many of the crew. At least the pre A2 versions should not survive a direct RPG hit and continue fighting like a M60 or T72 can in OFP. Its a IFV and not a tank afterall. Balance calls for that imho.

The A2 and above versions however should be able to to act like that in eating a RPG and continue fighting, like it is right now.

As for the A3: Didn't know it the commander sight was fixed like that. Too bad. Still an A3 would be great in any upcoming release as the sight would still allow the commander a better field of view (higher) as on the A2.

Too bad BIS didn't add the option for a tank commander to tell the gunner to face a certain direction like you can do as squad leader for your squad members, like I suggested when Resistance was released. Would have been easy to do and the effect would have been amazing. Afterall almost any TC can override the turret control or at least tell his gunner to turn the thing.

This are Bradleys are to powerfull! They destroy Abrams i one vs one without any problems.......

Crew that M-1 with some East troops and then see how the Bradley fares. wink_o.gif

Yea the Aux site does not have 360 degree turning radius, its a fixed periscope that in case of damage to the ISU, it can be used as a backup sight be either the gunner or the commander to shoot(it has a swival on the inside of the turret so one or the other can use it).

As for the ammo loadouts, they are pretty much realistic based on a average load, granted mission could call for AP heavy or HE heavy depending on the targets you would most likely engage in the AO your currently in.

I would like to say it was a HUGE reward to work with such talented people as rudedog and his team, and I am currently very impressed with what they have in store for all of you. If your looking for damn good addons, stick around and watch COMBAT!

Looks like the textures a bit too light for resistance textured terrains... both green and came versions can be seen from a range with no problem. you may darken a bit the texture. ;) btw it is a really good addon. (sometime you should make the tow launcher flippable, then when it is not used, we can flip it in) smile_o.gif

cu

sorry for this "complaint", but could shadows please be added to the dragon and javelin launchers? its kinda weird holding this humongous weapon and seeing nothing on the ground. tounge_o.gif

I have issues with the markings scripts

it says that the images are not there..

In real life are the Bradleys tanks/Apc Ampihiuous becuase Your one are wink_o.gif

Dont mean disrespect. I love your units you've made. and I rekon I'll be keepin them for a long time till Flashpoint 2 smile_o.gif

Rudedog, do something whith this Bradley rockiets. They destroy T72 with one hit, and Abrams with 2. I changed their "hit vaule" in config.cpp from 1000 to 500 and evrything is ok now. They still can  destroy an T72, but Abrams now have chance to survive....

The Bradley rockiets are anti tank rockets thus have the right values.

In real life are the Bradleys tanks/Apc Ampihiuous becuase Your one are  wink_o.gif

Dont mean disrespect. I love your units you've made. and I rekon I'll be keepin them for a long time till Flashpoint 2 smile_o.gif

Nope, the bradleys should not be amphibious.

About the rockets; It's a TOW missile and that is a big fat ugly bastard that WILL destroy a T72. An M1 takes two hits? Well; that's actually quite realistic.

About the rockets; It's a TOW missile and that is a big fat ugly bastard that WILL destroy a T72. An M1 takes two hits? Well; that's actually quite realistic.

Is this true, that the Abrams can take 2 TOWs before it is destroyed? Is it based on facts or are people biased on this one?

At fas.org it says that the TOW can destroy every tank in the world with one hit (assuming that M1 belongs to every tank in the world)  wink_o.gif

The TOW-2B is a top-attack missile. I bet it could knock out an M-1 if need be, as the M-1's top armor isn't thick at all.

doesnt this mean the US modern inf will be coming out said here? http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6036

I thought that the HYK Modern U.S. Army Infantry Pack was very good, well, its very good, why getting another one?

@CERO.

because if im correct Cpl. Punishment's comes with USMC, SEALS and REG army

Is this true, that the Abrams can take 2 TOWs before it is destroyed? Is it based on facts or are people biased on this one?

At fas.org it says that the TOW can destroy every tank in the world with one hit (assuming that M1 belongs to every tank in the world)  wink_o.gif

I was responding to a person who thought that the missile was too powerfull. Two hits for an m1 is already too much, but consider the fact that not every hit in real life causes serious damage and two hits become quite realistic.

Indeed a TOW through the roof will easily destroy an M1

Quote[/b] ]because if im correct Cpl. Punishment's comes with USMC, SEALS and REG army

His pack was going to be US Army soldiers, AFAIK he said nothing about SEALs and there's no need for another USMC pack (When he was already retexturing Suchey's USMC rock.gif ).

The power of the TOW Rocket is perfect for me.

If you fight against 2 T72, you have a realistic chance to destroy one, get away as fast as you can to get cover and make another attack on the second one.

Bradley pack is very balanced, sometimes you survive, sometimes not.

I love it!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Sorry Lee, but I partly disagree. The latest Bradley might indeed be powerful enough to have an equal chance fighting and surviving a T72, due to latest TOW warheads being used. However, the A1 (speaking: the bradleys that were around till the late eighties/early nineties or so) should be considerably weaker. They should have another early TOW variant loaded, with a weaker warhead, which should have its problems with destroying an ERA uparmoured T72. For that reason this early TOW version's damage should be around the standard OFP's CarlGustav level. The A2/ODS versions of course should have the latest in TOW warheads fielded, therefore the extremely powerful TOW that is used right now in this pack, would be absolutley fine for these versions - but not for the basic/A1 variants.

It is the same thing with the Bradley armour. The older models should not be tougher than a BMP or only a bit tougher, so they might survive a RPG-7 hit most of the time and survive a RPG-7V hit (using Keg's stats), although a hit by the latter should cripple the vehicle and render it immobile or kill some of the crew. Only the A2+ versions which feature applique armour should be able to take a full OFP RPG/LAW hit like a T72, the way it works now. I think it is important for the sake of game balance to have the basic/A1 and A2+ versions differ much more from each other. It is an IFV and not a MBT, afterall!

a small texturing bug to report

can't find good free web hosting, so i had to resort to webshots.

www.webshots.com > my photos

username:ofpshots

password:hello

Reality vs. OFP.

I agree that the older version should have an older version of the TOW.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

US Army Convoys wont ever be the same without these :-) they even fend off Chopper attacks well... V-80 tried to take us out, Bradley shitted all over it.

a small texturing bug to report

can't find good free web hosting, so i had to resort to webshots.

www.webshots.com > my photos

username:ofpshots

password:hello

This is taken care of. I redid the basket from scratch in the next version before you reported this. I didn't like the lighting issues it was having. I also replaced the spare road wheel with a round one.

This is taken care of.  I redid the basket from scratch in the next version before you reported this.  I didn't like the lighting issues it was having.  I also replaced the spare road wheel with a round one.

thats great news smile_o.gif

The TOW 1s fired from M2s durring the first gulf war often blew T72 up completely with single direct hit. Commonly entering the impact spot, the T72 usally was completely destroyed on imact, leaving only a mangled hull sitting in a blast crator, new tows mearly shifted to top end attacks to defeat the ERA commonly installed on the T80 and 90 model tanks.

After the first gulf war we went out and recovered lots of enemy armor and destroyed them by using them for target pratice, cause couldn't turn back in the ammo drawn for the ground war. And didn't want Iraq recovering the combat vehicles after we withdrew from the battle fields. The T72s were ofter the export versions with rolled steel hulls, we ofter left fully armed as if they were going into battle even if the used half charges on the cannon rounds.

The old TOW usually left a twisted chared T72 hull sititng in a burn spot with torsion bars sticking up to the sky. Got plenty of pics of before and after shots of some of the target T72s. The Russain military T72s are built a bit better but the tow, would still kill em easilly. Even more annoying some were sabot kills, that killed the crews and had to remove the remains before destroyiing that tank fully. Sabots often impacted the hull and shattered the brain stems of the tank crews, or blew through the vehicle and sucked the crew out the exit holes long strings of chum that used to be humans, now look like spam being squeezed out a hole the size of a quater.

Or flash fry everyone in thier battle positons, you get sent in the vehicle to make sure the weapons systems were renderd unuseable. Quite often looking over the remains of enemy tankers burned up still sitting at their stations, blackend, with bright white teeth. Sure they never knew what hit them, asuming sitting in a built up reventment having never dealt with the 120s SABO, which commonly was fired through the sides of the reventment passing through both burms and the enemy tank. Often the enemy tanks survived the hit unless the ammo was detonated on impact. Unless hit by a TOW then forget it the tow often seemed overkill seeing T55s and BMP2s get hit by them. A few only left a front coner behind the rest of the vehicles was blasted to hell. So The tow is about relistic as it can be in OFP. I think its a bit on the weak side myself. Having used tow in reallife. But for game balnce its where the mod team cauculated its strength levels.