Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! bradley pack 1.0 released

i was thinkin abotu the animated launcher

what if you set it up so that when it was selected it folded up. when its delselected it folds down

No, it's Earl's M16a4 from the Marine Assault Pack.

Love the Dragon, btw. smile_o.gif

this is great looking forward to play whit this but that M47 Dragon seem abit out of porportion the end is a bit too big to look like the real one.

STGN

a small question, are the tow's supposed to be white? they seemed so when i used the m220 tow-2.

BradleyTOW.jpg

tow-22.jpg

I think it's ok.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

A big thx. to the team, for makin' this nice addon. Some 'bug' what i noticed: the track of the bradleys are rolling much slower, then it need to. You may take a look at that. ;)

CU.

I have a question to the scripts included in the pack (like smoke and fire script). How could i disable the scripts, if i add the bradleys to the map with "createvehicle"? Tried to write the "CBT_NoScripts = true" in the init.sqs, but i still had this very nice but hugh eplosions.

Thx

Mfg MEDICUS

I have a question to the scripts included in the pack (like smoke and fire script). How could i disable the scripts, if i add the bradleys to the map with "createvehicle"? Tried to write the "CBT_NoScripts = true" in the init.sqs, but i still had this very nice but hugh eplosions.

Thx

Mfg MEDICUS

I think that's a script issue. I'll get with raedor and verify this.

This pack is really kick ass. wow_o.gif  Great work Rudedog.

Very good model and textures.

Got one question are you going to make a working-opening back ramp because the bradleys really need that and it would be good for cutsceens?

Mhh seems my question about the ammo loadouts got lost, which I posted further above. Rudedog, will you consider changing the ammo loadouts to be more realistic?

Oh and btw: Could you tone up the coax mg sound a bit? It is not loud enough for my taste.

Mhh seems my question about the ammo loadouts got lost, which I posted further above. Rudedog, will you consider changing the ammo loadouts to be more realistic?

Oh and btw: Could you tone up the coax mg sound a bit? It is not loud enough for my taste.

Here is a link to the loadouts of Bradleys. Actually there are 300 HE and 600 AP.  This might vary depending on the operation.

Bradley Specs

Also,  I am thinking about replacing the coax sound altogether, so we will see.  The majority of the M240 is inside the turret, so I would guess it would be muffled more than it is now.

This pack is really Got one question are you going to make a working-opening back ramp because the bradleys really need that and it would be good for cutsceens?

I sacrificed that option to keep the face count down in the lods so I could enhance other parts of the vehicle and add stowage.  It would only serve no functional purpose except for cutscenes, as you said.  This would mean i'd have to add a complete interor to the first lod, which would increase the face count extremely.

Also, FYI, I'm thinking about releasing the stowage models and textures for all to use, but I want to talk to Soul Assassin and Pablo first since they handled this.

Here is a link to the loadouts of Bradleys. Actually there are 300 HE and 600 AP. This might vary depending on the operation.

Bradley Specs

Also,  I am thinking about replacing the coax sound altogether, so we will see.  The majority of the M240 is inside the turret, so I would guess it would be muffled more than it is now.

Well it might be that the total loadouts have changed or differ from my source, but there should still be reloads grouped in 70 rounds for AP and 230 rounds for HE ammo as the ammo box can only hold that amount at the same time. The reload should take half a minute or so.

Oh and the bushmaster chaingun rate-of-fire could be increased a bit. I think it is not as fast as Russian chainguns but I think it is a bit faster than right now.

Is the main gun on Bradley supposed to be indestructible or it just a bug? smile_o.gif

I've seen pics on other sites with new crew models..but when I use the bradleys they are crewed with the BIS defaults am I missing something?

I've seen pics on other sites with new crew models..but when I use the bradleys they are crewed with the BIS defaults am I missing something?

The new crew are not out yet.  The Bradleys will be updated when they are released.

@Antichrist: No it is not indestructable. It just requires a different material setting from the turret. My gun was actually hit the other night, so I know it can be dammaged.

Finally!

Downloading now, looks fantastic!

Big thank you Rudedog and all who are involved in this pack!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Glad you like it, hope it was worth the wait, you kinda muttered over the part of it being in a pack a number of times..

a small question, are the tow's supposed to be white? they seemed so when i used the m220 tow-2.

[image links detroyed]

I think it's ok.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Need to remove the blue band around the missile body, thats a training round. Blue usually stands for inert weapons seeing the missile was outside of its carrier in the real picture was a pic of dummy trainer round. common mistake like adding the hoffamn devices to armor and blank adapter to the 50 cal.

How do you use the dismount script? Is it always activated and I just haven't noticed? When I try to use the init line in the readme it doesn't do anything or I get an error.

Some more constructive criticism smile_o.gif :

I just compared the different versions included in this pack, and I must say while I really like the toughness of the more modern versions who have the steel applique armour added (A2?), but on the older models I think for the sake of balance and realism, the thing should not withstand more than one BIS RPG/LAW.

Speaking of the more recent versions, I think it would be sweet to add the commanders independent optics, who are located in that small cone atop the turret with a 360 degree rotation and several degree elevation capability to A3 models in a future release.

I just compared the different versions included in this pack, and I must say while I really like the toughness of the more modern versions who have the steel applique armour added (A2?), but on the older models I think for the sake of balance and realism, the thing should not withstand more than one BIS RPG/LAW.

Speaking of the more recent versions, I think it would be sweet to add the commanders independent optics, who are located in that small cone atop the turret with a 360 degree rotation and several degree elevation capability to A3 models in a future release.

Actually I investigated that too. One of the team members is a Bradley mechanic, GrimmDraco. The commander uses the auxillary site, but it does not rotate at all. What happens is that the commander has a second set of controls for the turret. So in fact his optic view is truly fixed. But he can look around with his viewports.

I have not done the A3's since all docs I find say they are still hold. I may do them for the sake of it, but at a later date.

The older bradelys sould still mostly survive taking a hit from an RPG-7 unless stowed tow ammo was hit and cause catastopic inner hull explossion. The base M2A1 had antispall plates and hayon fire supression system. Had a fre brads take a 76 mm cannon hit nearly point blank in the first gulfwar, and sustain major damage but still able to pull out for medical attention and repairs, even having the turret blown out of its position. The M2 is just a bit too large to be completely wiped out by a Law or baseline RPG. It is larger than an M60 tank afterall and better built with redundent systems, the gunner and TC are shielded in side the turret on top of that. as there is a armored turret tower inside the hull seperating them from the cargo area. RPG-7s are effective but having revoced a number of knocked out M2s in the real military kinda be unrealistic to lose even the first gens to a single PRg/law shot.

How do you use the dismount script? Is it always activated and I just haven't noticed? When I try to use the init line in the readme it doesn't do anything or I get an error.

You can do this to test it out.

Place a bradley in the editor and name it b1. In the init line put, CBT_NoCargo=false

Put 6 dismounts in the editor and place in each units init line, this moveInCargo b1

When you preview, unit's will disembark. If you are commander, turn out. Driver and gunner will also turn out. You will notice you cannot tell anyone to get in unless you are turned out(safemode). Anytime a condition forces the bradley to leave safemode, cargo gets out.

Hope this helps.

I, personally, am grateful for the increased survivability. Not every RPG or main gun hit causes a kill. I mean, if you look at some of the most respected combat simulators out there (Combat Mission, TacOps, Steel Pathers Main Battle Tank) often vehicles will get hit, but be able to drive away with no effect, no catastrophic kill or they can be disabled and abandoned. In playing with these Brads, I've been able to absorb one or two hits that would have knocked out most other IFVs/ACPs in OFP - the vehicle takes damage, but I at least have the option to keep fighting or to abandon the vehicle and fight on foot. I don't die in an ammo cookoff every time some an RPG or low-velocity 73mm round hits me.

In fact, I think the armor and survivability is pretty much on par with the BMP-3s that were released by DKM.