Sign in to follow this  
andylee054

Roc mod 3.0 now available!

The second paratrooper mission (HALO training) doesn't work. The whole group always lands on water, no chance to steer, too far off shore.

There is an error after loading the first campaign mission:

addon seanagan (or something, didn't write it down) is missing but I didn't realize anything wrong after the message.

BTW I find the idea with the synthesizer sounds very good. Not everyone is native english speaking. Perhaps some more radio noise in the background would improve it.

I had the same problem with the shortcut. A new one for 1.96 fixed it for me too. Didn't realize any heavy glitches yet. Maybe the intro sound is wrong. There is constant artillery sound during the intro, I can't imagine this is meant to be.

Overall it's a nice and quite polished mod for a beta. Great campaign. Keep on!

Played the first mission quickly, bastards run over 4 so I blew them to hell tounge_o.gif

The second paratrooper mission (HALO training) doesn't work. The whole group always lands on water, no chance to steer, too far off shore.

There is an error after loading the first campaign mission:

addon seanagan (or something, didn't write it down) is missing but I didn't realize anything wrong after the message.

BTW I find the idea with the synthesizer sounds very good. Not everyone is native english speaking. Perhaps some more radio noise in the background would improve it.

I had the same problem with the shortcut. A new one for 1.96 fixed it for me too. Didn't realize any heavy glitches yet. Maybe the intro sound is wrong. There is constant artillery sound during the intro, I can't imagine this is meant to be.

Overall it's a nice and quite polished mod for a beta. Great campaign. Keep on!

That seanagan thing is a bug with Liberation 1941-45 Nagan revolver. It adds Nagan revolver into every mission as required addons. sad_o.gif

Yes, it happened to me, too. I just retried and played with 4x time until I was ejected over Lamentin. It was very close to the water, but I landed on land smile_o.gif

Seems as if the C130 has some random movement that doesn't check whether it's over water!

Btw. Colonel Wang is a really cool name...  tounge_o.gif

if it is true then excuse me, Gordy  sad_o.gif

It was my fault. I invite you to virtual beer  biggrin_o.gif

Now about the MOD. I've d\led it  biggrin_o.gif

and played a little. What was the most interesting thing imo, it was training guns! They're rock! now we can play *real* paintball in OFP  smile_o.gif

I am unable to use it.

I am not in position to judge the mod itself just because it is not working on my OFP.

It requires Dx8 even though I have 9.0b installed.

The mod itself most is propably great.

Did you made a mod folder for that?

Is a healthy bunch of addons, so I would use a mod folder for it.

Just a sugestion.

If that don't worck... I don't know what to say.

@CERO.

What are most people playing with army, marine, airborne or SF I have been palying as SF and I am in 8th mission no bugs so far great MOD wink_o.gif

But I have to agree with not using the old CWC island use your own island that one is much better and fits better wink_o.gif

This mod is very, hmm strange biggrin_o.gif. There is may good addons(Taiwan Paratroopers, China Soldiers,) with many bad addons(Taiwan army soldier...). Same situation with missions good ones (great and original are first levels of Taiwan 2002, very nice cutscene with Police pursuit) and bad ones(mission when you as an parotrooper are ordered to destroy cannon crews, enemy has 10 x more soldiers than you have, and they are standing in one place whitout moving, when you start shooting they are acting like crowd, not like military, of course mission is easy, i killed alone half of them). Champaing is to easy! Taiwan troops are to well skilled, and Chinese dont have even chance for fairly fight. Sometimes missions are laggy without any reason. There is many great ideas, for example you can choose beetween being Marine, Parootroper, or Army soldier, so you can play campiangs more then once. Another nice thing are training units that use MILES system, same as in America Army. Overall mod is rather good, at least it will stay in my HDD biggrin_o.gif

Suggestion to modmakers: do something with compatibilty with other mods. Dont change stats of default units.

just finished Guardian campaign. Guys... i must tell ya it is brillian! Missions are aweful. You have made really great moments with extraction. when you have dozens of crazy civilians running on you tail and you hear you chopper land... Drenaline runs in your blood. Then you shoot 'em back, wait while your troop get aboard then board chopper too. And when it gets into the air you show them all middle finger tounge_o.gif

What was the most exciting thing imo it is mission before the last. And all those pursuits after you get hostage.

About addons. they are pretty well done. Nice iron sights, sound is aweful. the only thing you shoot focus on is few textures on assault rifles. Maybe it is just me, but textures on sniper rifles were fine. And rifles and machineguns were looking bit weird.

Also that dipression thing was great too. the were hundreds of bullets flying all over you. And smoking and burning...

Should i just SU and go sleep??? crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Really appreciate all feedback from you.

We will try to fix those problems as the best as we can.

We have to use synthesizer sounds for we are not good skill in English. Of course we tried to use Chinese in OFP, but we found it is hard to us for the recording  equipments. Also we don't think that is a good idea for you who don't know Chinese.

Actually, the Taiwan2002 campaign is 2 years old, we made it on Jan. AD.2002. That's the earlier product from us. We made it in Chinese briefing before. A lot of friends from the other countries ask we change it into English version. So, we did it after two years later now. We will fix the ZB00_1Halo as you siad, surly. Forgive us for we have no our own island during 2002. Because there was no one could make his own customed island for OFP in AD.2002. So we have to use the officer's one.

We are dedicated in making new campaign like Taiwan2002's. But we will use our own island this time. The quality of our new campaign would be like the single missions that we show you.

Many people ask me why we didn't made our mod to compatible with others mod such like the JAM's, Coc, ECP.....etc. Okey, I tell you why. Because we made a lot of change in config to make AI behaviour looks like human nature to fight in combat. You may find the soldier of ROC mod's will shoot single shot in far distance. But they will switch the firing mode to burst and auto when enemy get closer and closer. For I don't think soldier will keep cool to aim when enemy colse to him, right? It needs to make a lot of change in cfgAmmos and cfgWeapons in config. So, that's the reason.

We are planning to release the upgrade pack to fix the problem that you saw, also we will try to make some new demo mission to you as possisble as we can.

Anyway, we really appreciate you to play this mod. Thanks.

P.S. Forgive my poor English.

biggrin_o.gif

lol void, I think ya missed something.

Aweful isn't really a word. Awful is an insult. I think you meant Awesome but just missed some letters. wink_o.gif

EDIT: Also, note on bugs:

Brust is Burst or 3 round burst. I noticed it a bit so I'm pretty sure it's just a language barrier.

Taiwan2002, SF training, only 4 targets pop up.

Quote[/b] ]Aweful isn't really a word. Awful is an insult. I think you meant Awesome but just missed some letters.

Yeah... You right. At 3 a.m. my brain wasnt functional correctly. I wrote shoot insted of should tounge_o.gif

BTW, radio transmissions were cool too. this voice reminded me Half-life. Yeah, the very first Half-life wink_o.gif

P.S. I have read somewhere about IBM's synther. (<- i hope i spell it right wink_o.gif ). It is supposed to be decent one.

is it this mod or have i been missing something ?... you can shoot the guys in the parachutes!!?? it makes that airhead mission alot easier, the AI love to shoot at parachutes

chinese voices with english subtitles would be the cream on this mod, just like Retaliation campaign did with russian voices /english subtitles.

Yes! you right! now you able to kill paratrooprer while he in the air! smile_o.gif

I didn't notice it's the old campaign from 2002. Now - for its age - it's even better to me. I'm looking forward to the updated one.

Just a single tiny suggestion: would you make the assault rifles a little less accurate on long distances? I hate camping/sniping with regular optics - that goes with almost all BIS and addon rifles in OFP. I love realism like gameplay where you have to find a nearer and more dangerous position to the enemy. More tactics!

I suggetst to lower accuracy for asault rifles but to increase the accuracy for machineguns. IRL MG are more accurate because is has longer barrel.

I can't play the campaign or place any units AT ALL in the mission editor. I always get the error No entry '.model' when I try to place them in the editor. When I try to start a campaign, it just reverts back to the main screen sad_o.gif. Any suggestions?

if you have previous ROCMOD's files in addons folder, be sure to remove 'em (as per readme).

Or maybe something went wrong during download or installation. try to reintall it... wink_o.gif

Sorry for the inconvenience, here is the knowing bugs list in ROC MOD 3.0.

==============================

1. 'Missing addons ROC_PLA' when playing Shooting Range Basic.

2. 'Missing addons ROC_PLA' when playing Shooting Range Advance.

3. Wrong NameSelection in M60A3 model internal view.

4. Wrong 70' Kinmen's soldiers name in group config.

5. Sometimes Soldier in HALO training will land on the sea in campaign Taiwan2002.

6. 'Mission addons ROC_mod' problem when using officer's para in officer's missions.

7. Wrong Helicopter's unitinfotype

8. Wrong ROC_BeretOPsoldier name in group config.

9. Wrong T65k2+TC85Grenade picture which shows in notebook.

==============================

We will fix them as soon as possible.

And we will prepare the downloading solutions before we release the upgrade pack.

smile_o.gif

5. Sometimes Soldier in HALO training will land on the sea in campaign Taiwan2002.

Just came to bitch about that one tounge_o.gif

I was enjoying the campaign upto that point, guess I'll have to do bloody SF crap now mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Well you pulled too early if you're in the ocean.

Thats got fuck all to do with it, I was dropped over the ocean so no matter when I pulled I'd still end up in it. Plus the fact if you pull to early you fail the mission and dont even get to drown.

Fly the para over land, it does that you know. Also, you can just swim there...

Having a longer barrel does NOT guarantee that a rifle or machine gun will have better accuracy. Longer barrels only increase muzzle velocity. However machine guns should be more accurate when firing long sustained bursts in the prone position because of the bipod and heavy weight of the gun (which reduces the effects of recoil).

Gordy I also had the errormessage DX8.0 required comming up!

I fixed it with starting the roc mod now this way "C:\Program Files\games\OFP\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=roc_3

Try this, it should work if you use your correct path to the mod in the line.

Greets.