Sign in to follow this  
Doc88

GREEN or GREY screen error...

When I open OFP, I'm not met with the normal menu. Instead, I'm faced with a blank gray screen. The music still plays, but I can't acess the game at all. Can anyone help me with this problem?

--Doc88

nomap.jpg

Hmm Color blind? smile_o.gif

I think you're getting the green screen error.

First download the 1.96 patch (this is assuming you have Resistance or GOTY Edition)

If the patch alone doesn't fix your problem try editing your shortcut and adding "-nomap" to the end of the command line. To edit a shortcut, right-click on the shortcut to the game and select "properties".

Your shortcut should go from this...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

To this....

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap

Assuming you don't have 1.96, that patch alone might fix your problems.

Oh so it is a grey screen. I'm way behind on the lastest flashpoint bugs. tounge_o.gif

Hmm Color blind? smile_o.gif

I think you're getting the green screen error.

First download the 1.96 patch (this is assuming you have Resistance or GOTY Edition)

If the patch alone doesn't fix your problem try editing your shortcut and adding "-nomap" to the end of the command line. To edit a shortcut, right-click on the shortcut to the game and select "properties".

Your shortcut should go from this...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

To this....

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap

Assuming you don't have 1.96, that patch alone might fix your problems.

hehehe...

I have the same problem even when I put the syntaz "-nomap".

I'm running on a new laptop TravelMAte 8003, 1GB RAM and Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB.

I had run games like Far Cry and Conflict Desert Storm II with high resolutions without any problems.

The screen does not display the splash screen while loading and the menu items just disappear. Please help!

FlashpointError.jpg

What is your AGP aperture set to? It wants to be 128mb at the highest and maybe as low as 64mb (it's in your bios) smile_o.gif

What is your AGP aperture set to? It wants to be 128mb at the highest and maybe as low as 64mb (it's in your bios) smile_o.gif

One person I know of had to shut of AGO altogether.

Does mobile graphics has AGP aperture?

I had check the bios and it does not have the setting as described.

Here's my graphics specs just in case.

GraphicsConfig.jpg

You have to use the mobility drivers released by the manufacturer (not ATI) once every blue moon right?

Rage3D have an ATI mobility forum where there is info on how you can get "normal" catalyst's installed on a mobility card, worth a try if your drivers are a long way behind the current 4.7 smile_o.gif

You have to use the mobility drivers released by the manufacturer (not ATI) once every blue moon right?

Rage3D have an ATI mobility forum where there is info on how you can get "normal" catalyst's installed on a mobility card, worth a try if your drivers are a long way behind the current 4.7 smile_o.gif

Thanks!

I will check out the website.

I posted about them in another thread and meant to come back here to say the same. OmegaDrivers are custom modified Catalyst's they sometimes work better than the official Catalyst's, whilst looking on the Omega Driver website I noticed that it says in the readme that they work for mobility cards, so it may be possible to simply install them without any other tweaking/configuration necessary, for the sake of simplicity it may be better to try them first, let us know either way smile_o.gif

ati driver

green screen problem was fixed for resistance version 1.91 under 256 agp aperture setting.  i.e. you can drop -nomap after the fix if you faced the green screen problem without having addons.  

hopefully this fix makes its way to the next driver update

j.

sorry, i wasn't aware that -nomap option fixes other problems as well

-nomap is needed to avoid the "cannot memory map" error when using a large amount of addons.

I also have the same problem as gairr's pic in this thread. I have a ati radeon 9800xt  with catalyst 4.3 drivers. even tried the new catalyst 4.9 but that didnt help either.

can someone give me a step by step guide as to what to change to get ofp running? I mean how do I get to bios to change it etc? My other specs are intel PIII . 1 gig ram, windows xp home-service pack one, I am using OFP game of the year Patched to 1.96 and I have no addons in it yet. If I try dropping HW T&L and just using the bare direct 3d in the preferences then I get a totaly blank green screen similar in colour to the sky in the pic above on this thread. I hope someone can help me with this as I have been unable to play flashpoint since I upgraded to this new computer six months or so ago. A big thank you to anyone who can help me.

Cheers,

Stewart

Are you using -nomap as per the image below?

nomap.jpg

I changed my aperture down to 128 and it solved the problem of the green screen, but now I have two cursors. the game cursor and the normal windows cursor. Still at least I can get into the game now so thanks for the help in this thread guys.

Is there a way to get rid of the windows cursor when in the game?

Cheers,

Stewart.

Thank you Avon Lady and everyone else on this thread, You guys rock. I can now play OFP again I am off now to get all the WWII addons I can find lol.

Cheers,

Stewart.

Thank you Avon Lady and everyone else on this thread, You guys rock. I can now play OFP again I am off now to get all the WWII addons I can find lol.

Cheers,

Stewart.

Yeah you said it.. I had the same problem here too and the -nomap thing fixed it EVEN THOUGH I do not have any 3rd party add-ons at all... it's a fresh install of OFP, Red Hammer and Resistance...

I switched to a new computer and suddenly I got this weird grey screen and I came here to find some help... and the very first thread I see contained the solution smile_o.gif

Way to go guys! You rock!

- Same grey screen/only background / on HP NC8000 (W2k) Ati mobility radeon 9600. Gold edition, upgraded to 1.96.

- I supopose driver issue on laptop.

i am getting the grey screen problem. am running 1.96.

i have tried the -nomap option. still is grey.

the PC is a crappy one. AMD 700. 256MB RAM. Geforce 1 (32MB video mem).

the thing is its an old PC but should run OFP.

When i start ofp up there's no picture (no logos nothing). then i notice it sorta flashes a different shade of blank screen, then either stays black or gives me a grey screen depending on what resolution i use.

i can alt-f4 out no problem.

am running relatively recent (2 months old) nvidia drivers.

fast writes are off. i even tried turning down video card hardware accelration but no change.

i also tried setting game to lowest resoltuion (640by400) and tried direct3d and direct3d T&L. still stuffed. i also went into config and adjuested screen refresh rate to 60/70hz which my new monitor is more than capable of.

am using directx 9c.

AGP is 4x and size is 32MB. no over clocking.

the freaky thing is it ran fine for a while then went funny after i installed an add-on. i uninstalled the addon and reinstalled ofp and patched it up again but still....

any help would be most appreciated.

next step i reinstall XP as the only reason i resurrected this old computer is to play OFP on it and use it for word processing.

You're sure you've put in the -nomap parameter exactly as in the pic above?

You're sure you've put in the -nomap parameter exactly as in the pic above?

This may not help if he's overloaded with addons.

Twisted, how many MBs of addons are you starting OFP up with? rock.gif

What addon did you install? What happens if you start up OFP only with the original addons?