Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Hunt the intruder - out-flank him

Awesome stuff, Footmunch. The Mud Hen is especially great. Keep up the great work, man.

As a suggestion for the future, maybe keep the backseat cargo, but make the MFDs functional, with map displays, etc. In multiplayer, if another player occupied that seat as a gunner, I imagine it would be pretty hard to coordinate when to fire and when not to fire, especially if a 3rd person perspective was not allowed on the server. Perhaps if a BAS-esque map display were implemented, a second player in that seat could act as navigator. I think it might enhance the teamplay.

Just a suggestion and some thoughts.  smile_o.gif

What is different if you compare footmunch planes to Vit planes? Are there any conflicts if you use both addons?

Like vit f-15,mig 21,f-16 to footmunch f-15,mig21 and f-16?

I have tried to use Vit's planes on Our dedicated server and they never work ...It won't let the missions load thats uses his air addons. We have a linux server. sad_o.gif. Plus if you use 5 or 6 of Vit's jets my comp takes a framerate hit.amd xp2000 w/ati 8500 128 ddr. 512 pc 2700. LOL my poor little old comp ..weeeeeee

biggrin_o.gif

Thanks peeps. I'll be away until next Friday (real life, and all

that). I can tell you:

1) The F-15 'turning circle' is fixed in final version.

2) No plans for an Electronic Warfare version (ie Prowler) of

the Intruder as of yet. (I'm thinking of a Prowler/F-4G pair

as a Wild Weasel suite against the very powerful DKM

Tunguska wink_o.gif.)

3) Texture conversion on the Su-27 was not what I wanted it

to be. I think TexView is confused by the 'similar' colours. I

may try these through FeersumEnjin's tex converter, or try

adjusting the gamma/brightness/contrast.

4) The F-16 vs Su-27 will be a little unequal at the moment,

because the F-16 AMRAAM's have proximity detonation, but

the Su-27 missiles don't. This will be fixed, and soon.

5) Agent Fox's thoughts on the cargo/gunner issue match

mine - coordination of gunner and pilot is hard, even when

they're both human.

6) HUD on the Sue is non-functional as of yet. This will be

fixed.

7) I may tone down the dispersion on the Sue cannon a notch

or two, but it is an A2A bird, and strafing is not advised.

You're there as top cover for the Frogfeet and Floggers, not

to go tear-a$$ing around looking for trouble smile_o.gif.

Very, _very_ slight Footmunch Friday:

light.jpg

light2.jpg

Still not reached alpha. Probably 2 weeks until beta.

I always thought tha the Lightning was the most attractive, ugly plane that I ever saw. smile_o.gif

LOL!  I could not have said it better myself.   The lightning is definitely attractive/ugly.    smile_o.gif

Kinda like the Su-24 Fencer...big, ugly, but beautiful in its ruggedness and "down to business" looks and capabilities.  

Footmunch that Lighting model looks fantastic!  I can't wait to fly it.

Does anyone know if it ever saw any combat?

Edit:

Ah...I'll answer my own question. Apparently it did not in RAF service. The only mention of it seeing combat is here:

http://www.vectorsite.net/aveeltg.html

Apparently it was used in the Yemen Civil War by Saudi Arabia to perform ground attack missions. Interesting.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great work again Footmunch.

Well said Hellfish & Miles - I'll never forget a Lightning doing a low-level, full 'burner flypast at Yeovilton airshow 1984. Sleek and musclar like a...a...a rocket-powered dolphin!

IIRC, the Saudi AF were the only other operators?

Cheers,

Cornhelium

LOL a rocket powered dolphin. biggrin_o.gif

I'm 99% sure that Kuwait and South Africa also flew them. I remember visiting Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait and they had a Lightning on static display at the front gate. And I know someone in SA is offering rides in Lightnings, so I assume he got it from the SAAF, along with his Buccaneer.

LOL, I'd rather take it as a high-powered Penguin, but that be susceptible to hurt some feelings tounge_o.gif

And a Fencer I also haven't seen around... I've also seen pix of a Tu-22/-22M/-26 and of the S-3 Viking, but... where would they be?? rock.gif

P.S.: The Prowler is the EA-6B, not AE-9 tounge_o.gif

To everyone else:

Don't get me wrong people! I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to help Footmunch iron out the tiny flaws by pointing them out. I just don't go "woooot!!! awesome job!!11 You rule Footmunch!!!" everytime he comes out with a new plane.

Of course he rules! There's just no reason to state the obvious! smile_o.gif

Well said Wonder. smile_o.gif

And Footmunch does rule tounge_o.gif

I've downloaded every plane you've made plus any other plane released by other people... I've come to a conclusion...

Your MiG-27 addon outfights all other planes in even numbered head-head matchups...

2v2 (grouped) results head-on in desert island:

Against F-15C (yours): Both Eagles down, one MiG down

Against F-16MiGCAP (yours): Both Falcons down, no MiG loss

Against F-4 (yours): Both Phantoms down, no MiG loss

Against Sea Harrier (FLK): Both Harriers down, one MiG loss (HUH?)

What's the deal? I thought the MiG-27 addon didn't even have proximity-fused missiles coded in. I hope it's just a problem on my end :P.

Try it against humans ......you will see that the Su-27 missles are not as effective as the f16. biggrin_o.gif On Fraghaus server we have a deathmatch map on pmc euro. with viewdistance modifier ...since most of us have good comps we play at over 2000 vd. Nothing better than seeing 6 f16's dogfighting 6 Su27's all with humans flying at twilight time.sweeeeeeeeeet biggrin_o.gif

Who you look away for a few days and bamo Footmunch releases some more goodies biggrin_o.gif

ive got your a6 FM and i like nice job on it! still to dl the others but from what i hear great work m8

I lke you weapon script and i got me thinking a bit crazy_o.gif , but could you have done it an easier way? im not sure havn't tested it yet. but this is the idea

(this is from my mustang)class ECA_500lbs_Bomb: default // 500lbs bomb

{

hit= 500;

indirectHit= 350;

indirectHitRange= 10;

minRange= 150;

minRangeProbab= 0.69;

midRange= 350;

maxRange= 1000;

maxRangeProbab= 0.70;

soundHit[]= {\LaserGuided\expl2,db30,1.3};

soundFly[]= {"\AIA_P51EM\tmbomb.wav",1,.5};

cost= 5000;

model= "\ECA_AIRWEAPONS\ECA_500lbs_Bomb.p3d";

proxyShape= "\ECA_AIRWEAPONS\ECA_500lbs_Bomb.p3d";

irLock= 0;

laserLock= 0;

maxControlRange= 20000;

maneuvrability= 0.0;

sideAirFriction= 0.10;

simulation= shotMissile;

maxSpeed= 100;

initTime= 1000;

thrustTime= 0;

thrust= 0;

};

I think all you need to do is change this

model= "\ECA_AIRWEAPONS\ECA_500lbs_Bomb.p3d";

to your bombs with the legs (technical name for it im sure ghostface.gif )

anyway would that work

Marty -

Is that the MiG-27 (Flogger) or the Su-27?

The dog-fight AI is a little bit 'flaky'. You could try adjusting

the Flogger/Flanker skill down and the NATO plane skill up,

and test that.

Also, the starting distance between the planes

is important, as the R-73 Archer missiles the Su-27 carries

are _very_ good at close range, but the AMRAAM's on the

F-planes are better launched at longer ranges.

Trench -

Not sure I understand: the 'deployed' bomb has the fins out

by using a different model than the bomb on the rack (which

has the fins in). The two models aren't a massive overhead,

AFAIK. It's all the same class in CfgAmmo...

Hey man im wondering, how did you get the 3d models and textures out of Lock On: Modern Air Combat, and into flashpoint?

i think he modeled the planes himself and used special conversion tools for the textures.

I think the problem with the Mig-23/27 Floggers is that the flares are way too effective on them compared to your other planes, making them too difficult to hit.  The missles are pretty good though, in fact I wish the missles on your newer planes were more like those on the Floggers.  The short range missles are ok, but in my testing your medium range missles (AMRAAMs and Alamos) hit maybe 1 out of every 10 to 15 shots at 500m away or farther.  They need to be a little bit more faster/maneouverable imho  smile_o.gif

Edit: Any chance of an F-14 Tomcat?

i don't think footmunch uses textures from other games, or models for that fact. He was round way before Lock on

If anyone else has had problems with the PC restarting after adding the Hunter to your addon/mod folder, here's the solution:

Delete RAFhunter, since it seems that it conflicts with rkthunter. Maybe both were made by footmunch, I'm not sure. Had it in my british_mod folder for ages.

Anyway, gr8 work footmunch. Looking forward to the final versions of these outstanding aircraft.

Well, work on the F-15E alot more like I mentioned in my PM.  I already specified that the web site at http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-15.htm is a good resource to learn more on what should be done to the addon to make it more realistic in looks, loadouts, and capabilities.

The other addons are great, no complaints.

Although the F-15C could use two AIM-9L/M Sidewinders for close encounters.  (AMRAAM's suck in close to short range)

Later,

Havoc.