Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Hunt the intruder - out-flank him

Gunner position is

favoured, but without the ability to sim the MFD's, I always

worry about the authenticity.

DKM made HUD work for their Mi-28 Havoc... maybe because russian stuff is old-tech and/or similar to what could be done, but still it worked... but I wouldn't mind having working HUDs never mind if it's the same tech as original or not (knowing where you are on a map is a great feature!!! biggrin_o.gif ).

Besides that, check out http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-6.htm for different load-outs, under the SWIP program the Intruder gained the capability of launching AGM-65s and AGM-84E SLAMs... now SLAMs would be absolutely DROOLICIOUS!!!  biggrin_o.gif

Great work on the A-6 so far, for an alpha excellent as usual, much better than the other one done (not by you) for OFP (which was buggy and unfinished, not to mention ugly tounge_o.gif ). Still have to test the Flanker and the F-15... keep up da good work! biggrin_o.gif

I really wanted the A-6 to be a pre-SWIP 70's/80's bomber -

ie late-NAM (pretending to be A-6A) and BIS CWC timeline.

(Hence the coloured roundel presented also).

I could do a post-SWIP plane as a separate version. The HARM

and Mav's could be taken straight off the Falcon. Plus the

Harpoon (in _any_ version) is a fine piece of work.

For later (GWI, Afghan, Bosnia, GWII) bomb runs, then the

MudHen is the plane for USAF, and F/A-18 for USN.

I applaud the work DKM made on the moving map display,

it's just that the plane addon requires a new map texture for

every new island. I suppose this could be hived off into a

map.pbo, like the roundels or flags, so that you only have

to update that pbo...

Cool! That map .pbo idea isn't a bad idea at all. It would be fantastic if you could make that and ask interested map makers to submit their map textures to you (the textire needed for the electronic map display I should say).

Anyhoo.... so any news on the Vulcan? smile_o.gif

(Sorry but I love that plane!)

I'm dying to make a fictional "Vulcan Reborn" mission showing the RAF using it over Tonal or in a Middle East conflict mission set in the future with the Vulcan being taken out of mothballs to fill the need for a heavy bomber. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Only tried the Hunter and the A6 so far and they're great biggrin_o.gif I love the cockpits on both and especially like the Hunter's handling smile_o.gif Great job biggrin_o.gif

Hey, if you need any other engine sounds, just give me a shout....I have too much time on my hands hehe

Cool planes Footmunch! Especially like the new Su-27.

I wont download the hawker hunter just yet as it only has one roundel.

I only need it as Iraqi or Jordanian version for some middle-east missions but as soon as you get it with roundel capability it will be fighting some IDF planes over Golan heights. wink_o.gif

I have one question though: Are you planning to make a ground attack version of your MiG-21? The old version had both AA and AG versions but the new one doesnt. Any particular reason why?

This may interest you footmunch, an A-6 Engine sound, found it while doing a search on google. A-6

Edit: i just did an engine sound for the Vulcan Bomber. See what you think people, could be used by you Footmunch.

Vulcan Engine1, taken from a video

Possible sound for any new migs,

Ignore the file name of vulcan2.wav i was too busy doing vulcan engines.

I gotta say I love the GSh-301 sound on the SU-27! Can you adjust the rate of fire so that the duration of the burst will coincide with the sound file?

I have mixed feelings about the cannons' spread. It's great for air-to-air, but strafing ground targets, especially armoured ones, is hard. Of course the area effect against dispersed soft targets like infantry is a good thing!

one thing would be nice if you made an AE-9 powler.

and made it have actual radar jamming ablities..

not sure if the a-6 had them.

and what i mean by Jamming.

is that is jams the radar of the enemy so it can not use radar to target anything. or even lock missiles..

these are really nice tho.

great plane's footmunch

but only the F-15 turn wide when you taxi on the runway

not like the su-27 he turn fine smile_o.gif

keep up the good work , footmunch

is that is jams the radar of the enemy so it can not use radar to target anything. or even lock missiles..

If that were possible it would be great, but a did see another addon (forget which one), that added fake enemies on to the radar, as a form of jamming (well not really, just reduces chances of enemy locking onto the plane, but better then nothing i suppose).

If you can pull off calm terror's idea it would be better though.

Ni-Mh -

Do you mean smokey exhausts, or damage smoke?

damage smoke smile_o.gif

If that were possible it would be great, but a did see another addon (forget which one), that added fake enemies on to the radar, as a form of jamming (well not really, just reduces chances of enemy locking onto the plane, but better then nothing i suppose).

If you can pull off calm terror's idea it would be better though.

I think that was first done by DKM on their RAH-66 Commache, also used on their Mi-28, and was used on Hudson/Pennywise's F/A-18 addon.

What?  Only four planes?  j/k   biggrin_o.gif

Seriously though, take a look at the list so far:

Blackburn Bucaneer

De Havilland Sea Vixen

SEPCAT Jaguar

MIG-21

SU-27

IL-2 Sturmovik

F-105 Thud

F-5 Tiger

MIG-17

A-1 Skyraider

MIG-23

MIG-27

SAAB Draken

F-4 Phantom

F-16

A-6 Intruder

Hawker Hunter

F-15

wow_o.gif

Thank you Footmunch!

Hi foot. We were playing the f16 against the su27 deathmatch on Fraghaus. One thing I noticed that the f16 missles have a higher kill rate than the Su27 missles. Is it suppose to be like that .....just asking biggrin_o.gif

footmunch did a US F16rock.gif? where?? i never saw this?

goto google.com and search for "ofp footmunch"

the first site that pops up should be footmunch's website, where u'll be able to download the f-16

for some reason the textures on the su-27 looks a bit "grainy"

the other planes released in this thread are fine

Just tested the SU-27 and it is BEAUTIFUL!!

Just one tiny little detail I thought odd... in cockpit view, there's an artificial horizon which is not in horizontal position sad_o.gif ... since HUDs are an extra to be functional (one of my favourites besides DKM's Havoc is DKM's OV-10 Bronco HUD, my jaw hit the floor the first time I saw it!! tounge_o.gif ), could you please just remove the static non-horizontal artificial horizon, and maybe just use a ball-bearing artificial horizon wink_o.gif ? Cause having an item on the HUD which is static and unstable is a bit annoying when one's just flying straight... plus it diminishes HUD visibility just a tad, which sometimes can be enough... otherwise, the addon is PERFECT!!! biggrin_o.gif

Russian HUDs are different to western HUDs. Instead of pitch ladders it has a horizon line that moves up and down in relation to the aircraft's pitch.

in_flight.jpg

On the center of the hud there's a plane symbol that rolls into the direction of the plane rather than the horizon. This symbol always stays at the center of the HUD.

I'm not even gonna begin to ask what that icture is taken from, incidentally are there any other engine noises/sounds needed for future planes?

Ah, what nostalgic graphics, Flanker... almost reminds me of even earlier F-15 Strike Eagle, F-19 Stealth Fighter and Gunship 2000... biggrin_o.gif