Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Hunt the intruder - out-flank him

Some of us can't afford new graphics cards and can't increase the resolution without seriously compromising frame rates.

It has been posted several times here in the forums, config tuning that makes OFP nicer at no or very few loss of fps.

Also on "low end" systems.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

cool, where?

Actually nobody has seen the real problem in his screenshot!

It's not Footmunch planes, but it's Colonel Klinks Shelter. The Shelter uses a lot (and I mean a hell lot) polygons (and I think it has only one LOD) and therefore every other model that has "lower detailed" LODs drops to those.

I'd rather advice to not use the Shelters, then the planes can be displayed in the highest resolution LOD.

Erm.. I think this needs to be re-phrased. The shelters have several lower level lods, 4 to be exact with shadow lod, as I went to extreme pains to ensure that they were done. And the basic lod uses less polygons than a lot of addons released.

I am able to place several of the shelters, plus several high polygon aircraft and experience little fps. My system is probably a lot lower than some and this works fine for me.

Having a look in the screenshot it shows there is a lot more in the background as well as the shelters. This is the question I would ask.. what other addons are being used off screen? What else is going on? Before singling out one addon as the problem check the whole picture.

Perhaps this is closer to the problem

Quote[/b] ]

I think you'll find its the fact the they are early Betas - the Lods arent set up properly for long viewing distances.

I would suggest that the following may help:

Suggestions to a possible fix:

1.Load the Operation Flashpoint Preferences Dialog (not the options dialog within the game)

2. Click the Advanced Tab

3. On the Performance Dialog move the Geometry Performance Slider all the way to the right.

4. Click the Details Tab

5. Move both the Objects Lod and Shadows Lod sliders all the way to the right

6. Click Ok

7. Then Click either Exit to save the settings, or Start to run OFP

..or wait until the final versions of Footmunchs fine aircraft

biggrin_o.gif

Hey Footmunch, are there any news about the F-16 update?  wink_o.gif

Progressing. I want to 'finalise' the Tomcat and Falcon first,

then complete the Eagle.

Jaguar goes final soon also.

Bob - The Beagle speed was adjusted so that it could never

'outrun' fighters like the Falcon, Phantom and Eagle. Also, the

slower speed means the AI uses it slightly better.

It's a sub-sonic plane (check the non-swept wings), and

the 'real' top speed is only 560 mph - and that's probably

up at 25,000 feet or so.

Well thats good news.

A flash of Lightning you might say, finally Hunted down by the Jaguars and their Vulcan like ways.

And if that wasn't a hint i dunno what is.