Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Hunt the intruder - out-flank him

hi,

there is the way to carrier-landing,you have only to give the order (land whith line break)2 or 3 times,thats dupli-triple the breakin force,it work for me wink_o.gif

Anyway Footmunch,there is a thing that could be make working better...Sparrow...damn,fight whith Tomcat is so cool,

but sparrow working only (sometimes)in a perfect straight line and a extremly lowspeed sad_o.gif

i know ,i know my english is the best...

Wow ...Looking good foot. It still wont land right on the carrier ...the gear goes up ....any way to make it so you manually raise and lower the gear and its not done auto?? biggrin_o.gif

Because of the gear with the Carrier:

I'm on it...it has something to do with the scripts. I almost finished it. Only have to check some of the scripts for an entry that says "EJECT"... Give me 1 hour and I've got it

sorry I mean "RAISE"

Eversham - It's alright, I'll upload a version with carrier-

capable gear soon. In order to do it, you have to:

1) Set gearRetracting = 0

2) Increase maxSpeed to compensate for the extra drag

3) Add UserActions for gear up and down dependent on speed and current state.

4) Add scripts so that the AI retracts the gear automatically

(it thinks there isn't gear to retract anymore).

5) Make sure that the 'Landing Autopilot' lowers the gear as well.

If you've got another way of doing it, I'd be interested...

Ok, I don't get it to work. I've checked all scripts of the Carrier and I have deleted all gear down/gear up entries but it always raises the gear when you land, even when I drove to the cat it raised the gear rock.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifrock.gif

I think it's something on footmunchs f14!!!

Eversham - It's built into the OFP engine. Try the BIS A-10 if

you don't believe me  wink_o.gif

Heh heh he, this should be old news to most of you all.. Me and Pennywise talked about this subject quite heavily in depth when I completed the first "Realistic" CAT launch script.

hey footmunch...I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd like to see two seat aircraft with two people actually using the aircraft theres kinda not really any point in creating two seat aircraft if your gonna not include a full crew....

Yes there is a purpose, cinematics and consistancy. If you have only one person in a Tomcat or a Strike Eagle, it looks very wierd and somewhat stupid as well. There are two people in those aircraft for a reason, for nav, target acquisition, and precision strike roles.

You are in the minority bro because you don't fully understand the necessity of having a backset companion in an F-15E or an F-14. Two seated aircraft were designed for long range patrol and/or deep pententration strikes in enemy terrority. With this capability, it adds extra functions and systems to manage and use, that's why it requires two people in those aircraft.

Insert>F-14

Insert>West/Pilot

Set> Status to In Cargo

Group> Pilot with F-14 (if not grouped already)

Done

Problem Solved. Although it would be cooler if you didn't have to worry about it.

Yes there is a purpose, cinematics and consistancy. If you have only one person in a Tomcat or a Strike Eagle, it looks very wierd and somewhat stupid as well. There are two people in those aircraft for a reason, for nav, target acquisition, and precision strike roles.

You are in the minority bro because you don't fully understand the necessity of having a backset companion in an F-15E or an F-14. Two seated aircraft were designed for long range patrol and/or deep pententration strikes in enemy terrority. With this capability, it adds extra functions and systems to manage and use, that's why it requires two people in those aircraft.

lol...havoc..did u even read my post bro...I WANT his aircraft fully crewed..and I fully understand the necessity for aircraft that utilize more than one crew member ...the word PILOT in my screename just wasn't pulled out my six wink_o.gif

Oh come on...don't be lazy guys. Its not that hard to just type "this moveincargo NAME" in the initiation field rock.gif

Hey Footmunch any chance of you co-op'ing on this ACES project and fitting your planes with the features Hardrocks described for his Eurofighter.

Features:

Instrument Landing System (ILS)

New possibilities of armament

New control options

Animated canopy

Animated gear

Animated wheels

Animated afterburner

Working cockpit with warning lights and instruments

3 informative Multifunction-Head-Down-Displays (MHDD) in the cockpit

Heads-Up-Display (HUD) with detailed indicators

Ejection seat with rescue-box

Supersonic boom

Many Sounds

Chaff/Flares

Radar Jammer/ECM

I know plenty of those features your planes already have but some they dont like Ejection seat and that ILS , i'd give anything to have them in game

biggrin_o.gif

P.S: Sorry if this has been discussed before or you having stated yor opinion on this but the threads too long i havent read it in full and i couldnt find anything on it in the immediate pages.

ACES?  Don't worry, I'm _all_ over ACES  wink_o.gif

As a compromise, how about I add some 'groups'? What about

a two plane Tomcat flight (with four crew altogether)?

*cough* lightning and vulcan *cough*. I'm not that keen on the F-14 to be honest. Sure it's a good aircraft but it just doesn't have that certain, "wow" factor. I suppose give it time it'll grow on me, but anyway. Is it me or do the Mig 23 and the other one, look very similar?

*cough* lightning and vulcan *cough*. I'm not that keen on the F-14 to be honest. Sure it's a good aircraft but it just doesn't have that certain, "wow" factor. I suppose give it time it'll grow on me, but anyway. Is it me or do the Mig 23 and the other one, look very similar?

Aren't the Mig-23 and Mig-27 the same aircraft, but with different roles. One is an Air to Air fighter and the other one a ground attack fighter?

They are the same basic airframe, but the nose is 'bent'

downwards on the -27 in order to give a better view of the

targets on the ground. There is also a lot of 'ground radar'

avionics carried.

The -27's tail is larger to give better directional stability in

the 'thicker' air at low altitude. IIRC the -27 has better pilot

armour as well, especially against small (rifle) calibre bullets.

"You are in the minority bro because you don't fully understand the necessity of having a backset companion in an F-15E or an F-14."

I don't think we need a gunner... G8's Tornado has one and what? you have to use "Manual fire" all the time... and this "Tornado" (unlike other jets with only one pilot/gunner) needs too much time to take out a target.

So I vote for only one pilot - no gunners please!

Eversham - It's alright, I'll upload a version with carrier-

capable gear soon. In order to do it, you have to:

1) Set gearRetracting = 0

2) Increase maxSpeed to compensate for the extra drag

3) Add UserActions for gear up and down dependent on speed and current state.

4) Add scripts so that the AI retracts the gear automatically

(it thinks there isn't gear to retract anymore).

5) Make sure that the 'Landing Autopilot' lowers the gear as well.

If you've got another way of doing it, I'd be interested...

I strongly recommend you not to do this, because at the moment you set gearRetracting to 0 the flight model of the plane will get very bad, means it accelerates much to fast and flies like a cessna with 1000 km/h. I messed around with this a _lot_, and in my opinion the best solution is still to use the original OFP gearup entry and just add a line in your gearup-script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?!((speed _plane)>150) : _plane action ["LAND GEAR"]; exit

Please don't do it the gearRetracting=0 way, since I really love how the F-14 flies at the moment. By the way could it be that the afterburner accelerates too fast?

I messed around with this a _lot_, and in my opinion the best solution is still to use the original OFP gearup entry and just add a line in your gearup-script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?!((speed _plane)>150) : _plane action ["LAND GEAR"]; exit

By the way could it be that the afterburner accelerates too fast?

Is that attached to the GearEH? I'll give it a try.

There's an 'acceleration' parameter in the burner script. I'll

adjust where necessary.

ACES?  Don't worry, I'm _all_ over ACES  wink_o.gif

As a compromise, how about I add some 'groups'? What about

a two plane Tomcat flight (with four crew altogether)?

I support pro choice biggrin_o.gif

lol...havoc..did u even read my post bro...I WANT his aircraft fully crewed..and I fully understand the necessity for aircraft that utilize more than one crew member ...the word PILOT in my screename just wasn't pulled out my six  wink_o.gif

Doh!!! crazy_o.gif

Blasted stupidity of mine....

Psst Footmunch, your PM folder is full wink_o.gif

I can't send any more PM's sad_o.gif