Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas infantry sdk

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

02 May 2004

Ballistic Addons Studio

BAS INFANTRY KIT RELEASED

Ballistic Addons Studio (BAS) is pleased to announce the release of the BAS Infantry Kit.

The BAS Infantry Kit allows addon-makers to quickly create and texture infantry units using standard tools such as O2Light and Adobe Photoshop. The kit contains the same base P3D file used by the current generation of BAS Delta / Ranger units, layered Photoshop graphics files and a set of associated Photoshop 'actions' that can be used to quickly generate the required textures.

Addon-makers will not require permission from BAS before releasing any new units created using the BAS Infantry Kit. The whole team at BAS hopes that experienced and budding addon-makers alike will find this a useful addition to their arsenal, and looks forward to seeing new infantry units created using the kit.

Please note that BAS is releasing the kit without support, and asks that members of the community do not attempt to request advice or assistance directly via email, IRC or instant message. For further updates and discussion of the BAS Infantry Kit please visit your favourite forum or channel.

Readme here.

Click my sig for more info, and the mirrors for downloading.

Damn when i saw BAS i quickly jump to this page thinking of the Littlebirds sad_o.gif

All well downloading it anyway. Its BAS. Anythink they realese has to be downloaed tounge_o.gif

Great initiative BAS, just another way of aiding the community!

Great initiative BAS, just another way of aiding the community!

I was gonna say. Nice gesture. smile_o.gif

Hooray for BAS.

Nice one lads. biggrin_o.gif

Good on ya BAS lads and lasses! biggrin_o.gif

Damn when i saw BAS i quickly jump to this page thinking of the Littlebirds sad_o.gif

All well downloading it anyway. Its BAS. Anythink they realese has to be downloaed tounge_o.gif

Yea what i thought, or the Desert pack, but this is useless to me as im craptastic in psp or ps, but its great news for the community as a whole,

Two Thumbs up to BAS.

I guess this is kinda like when that KMM international infantry came out. They had the models and you could do whatever you want with them. The first thing I'd like to do to this model is add collars to the vests, make a beret model, maybe add new camos, make a helmetless model, and add new camos.

I guess this is kinda like when that KMM international infantry came out.  They had the models and you could do whatever you want with them.  The first thing I'd like to do to this model is add collars to the vests, make a beret model, maybe add new camos, make a helmetless model, and add new camos.

You mean this is a sort of BAS equivalent of Mister Potato Head?

It is GREAT message for whole OFP community.

fighter

biggrin_o.gif

Damm you BAS I had just Gizmoed my own models and then you come here and deliver one thats better that just too lousy mad_o.gif

Na just kidding I think this is great thanks BAS

STGN

haha, nah, there is still lots of room for improvement on them. When I mapped them a year ago I had no idea what I was doing, knew nothing about real uv mapping, or how to fix the mistakes in them. Please use your skills and improve them if possible as I'd love to see them improved for other unit addons.

so these are the exact same models used in the deRa 1.5 update? it says so in the readme. is anyone willing to fix the problem where the shirts looked untucked/too long?

Yes it is - some addons even feature the possibility to take on/off the helmet in-game.