Sign in to follow this  
wildbrumby

Incursion

I've played the Cold War Crisis campaign up to the mission, Incursion , where you have to sneak into Guba's house and steal information about his nuke. Well, the developers at BI must have put this up as a joke or something. For a start, you begin right at the enemy outpost at the fence leading into the base. I know it tells you to put a satchel charge next to the fence and blow it down, but the fence is two layers thick, and the charge only destroys one layer. To add to that, they're are a bunch of guys up in towers around the place, about two T 80s and a pesty BMP. To say nothing of about twenty trigger happy Russians running around. To add to it, the whole place is lit up like midday. But I got by here by blowing up the BMP with a LAW and sniping all the guards with my M-21. So now I'm in the base. I snuck into the area of Guba's house, but then I find myself with another T 80 that keeps following me around, patrols all over the place, and it looks like 15-20 troops stationed around Guba's house. Plus a BMP patrols the area, and a flood light makes your advantage of darkness nil. How in the hell are you supposed to complete this mission???

ok rule nb1: Black ops are invisible at night

rule nb2: you can go thrue fence if you bost the time and are runing fast into'em.

rule nb3: the enemy can't see you in bushes even if you're shoting.

I hope this make sence to you.

Thanks mate, but I completed it last night. The easy way. I can't believe that nobody seems to have seen this before, but here's the way I did it. After so much trouble before, this is so easy.

All walkthroughs that I have read (ex: http://www.gamespot.com/gamespo....18.html ) have suggested that you arm yourself with a law launcher and a sniper rifle. Don't!!! I'm sure that it's possible to snipe everybody in the area, but why bother? Do it the easy and stealthy way. Instead of being brave and blazing your way through the checkpoint up ahead, turn to your right and go into the forest. Keep following the fence line (not too close though!) until you reach the end of the red dotted line on the map. You can now go around the edge of the fence. (getting your feet wet at the same time). So now you're in the guarded area with no resistance. Keep going up towards Guba's house. Your only resistance will be a T 72 which makes periodic patrols around the area. Ignore him. He won't hurt you. Go down towards the coast again and approach Guba's house from the back. Hide in the bushes and equip your HK to full auto. Take out any patrols that come around the edge of the house. Don't worry about the two BMPs. They are only a nuisance. Once you have the back of the house secured, go back into the forest and duck around the hill to approach from the front. You many find a small patrol in the woods. Take them out. Then sneak up among the tents. You now have an ideal firing site. Take out the officer lying in front of the house and the soldier in front of the tents. Keep firing at anybody who comes within range. The great thing about the HK is that nobody knows where you are when you are firing. I was firing at some guys about 100 m away, and a machine gunner about 15 m away didn't know a thing. Once you have cleared out the grounds, grab the codes and retreat the way you came. Simple.

you know I was 0.5 meters from a Machine Gunner and then he turned his face and looked at me. and then my cusin sad

-hello, do you know me?

and just ran away. what a meathead:p  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Believe it or not, it is possible to steal one of the Hinds.

I go through the main gate, right behind the truck. I get down prone, and shoot the nearest guard, and the two on the left. Then I crawl around to the right of the building and on past heading roughly toward the compound where the hinds are sitting. There are foot patrols about. Avoid them, this will make life easier later.

There is an irregular line of bushes leading down to the compound wall. Crawl staying concealed in them, then when the patrols have moved on (be patient) crawl to the wall and head right, along the back side.

Continue that way, turning the corner and heading up toward the front. Again, avoid being seen or you'll set off alarms, and the hind will split.

Continue along the front wall to the entrance. Be patient, and you will be able to crawl right on in. Immediately after getting through the entrance, turn left and head behind the guard building, towards the hind on the left.

Here it get's tricky. You will need to shoot, from fairly long range the black-clad shilka crewmen near the back wall, in front of the shilka, or you will never lift off alive. Next look carefully under the hinds, and you'll see the feet of two aircrewmen. Shoot them. Look around, you'll see an RPG soldier, shoot him.

Now, after the excitement dies down a little, crawl to the nearest hind and board as Pilot. Immediately hit "Q" to crank it up, and at the same time select "Manual Fire". Select the anti-armor weapon. When you lift off, a hidden shilka will begin shooting at you...take him out. Turn towards Guba's house, another shilka on the beach will open up. Take him out.

Now kick back and relax and start blowing stuff up. If you hover down close to Guba's house, the game will think you have the documents and cue you for your return.

If you still have ammo, go hunting. It's fun.

Quote[/b] ]mhm, I just walked around the fence, no problem

But you can only do that at the north end of the fence, the south end is underwater. Alternately, you can accelerate the time to 4x, run against the fence, and dive prone (Which will send you straight through the fence tounge_o.gif ).

Just walk through the front gate, piece of piss

Just walk through the front gate

and under the tracks of the BMP. tounge_o.gif

I've played it both ways.

I've also managed to fly the Hind.

Memories. smile_o.gif

Nobody tried to shoot the driver in the URAL in the beginning?

On the contrary! I would run up behind the truck for cover. wink_o.gif

Stealing the Hind is the only way to go.

For a sissy! tounge_o.gif

I find it much more fun sneaky through unnnoticed, stealing the docs then sneaking back out without having to shoot a thing. But then again its nice to blow everything insight back to hell once and a while

Stealing the Hind is the only way to go.

For a sissy! tounge_o.gif

I find it much more fun sneaky through unnnoticed, stealing the docs then sneaking back out without having to shoot a thing. But then again its nice to blow everything insight back to hell once and a while

Yeah thats fun too, but I prefer scorched earth. smile_o.gif

The first time i played the mission I made it without a sigle shot, but the second time I blow everything up biggrin_o.gif

The guards in front of the house are really stupid, you can creep easily behind them in the light, and they don't notice you...???

Yea, they are a bit stupid. And does the amount of troops around the house change? The first time I played it, there seemed to be a huge army around the place. The second time there was only about 8 guys.

I did the x4 speed trick twice. First to get through the fence. Second to get through the back of the house to steal the papers (and to get out).

No shots fired. smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

i completed this one in a wierd way. first i walked north till the fence ends by the water. when i was close to the base i just ran at full speed thru the wall. stole a mi24 destroyed the shilkas and then burned the place. then i landed and tock the other mi24 and destroyed whats left crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Please don't dig up old threads smile_o.gif