Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Well the problem is more that most people making addons for VBS1 are doing it in order to sell their addons or at least in hopes of someone offering to buy their addons.  In otherwords they are not likely to try and port it over to OFP.

But, overall I'm fairly satisfied with the LoBo SA-2.  Its not perfect, but its "close enough" in my opinion and it works well.

Ours simulates the newer updated SA-2's that have modernized dual tracking systems with both external and internal guidance systems.   Egypt has done quite a lot of work updating the SA-2 missile, but the details of exactly what they did to it are sketchy.  I imagine that it probably has a secondary filtered IR seeker or laser seeker in case the radar guidance is jammed or spoofed by chaff.

At any rate the IDF aircraft have a hard time spoofing it in the mod so that the SA2 sites are prime targets for IDF commando units in my missions.   smile_o.gif

Here are some new pics of our Jordanian units:

LoBoJordanInfantry1.jpg

LoBoJordanSF3.jpg

Aren't those tires on that dirt bike just a little thick?

idr010306_1_p1.jpg

Well the problem is more that most people making addons for VBS1 are doing it in order to sell their addons or at least in hopes of someone offering to buy their addons.  In otherwords they are not likely to try and port it over to OFP.

As a VBS1 owner, I can only tell you that most of the recent unofficial VBS1 addons are free of charge. Orson's work doesn't seem to be part of some major addon package being developed for sale.

I have strong suspicions of another known addon team, however. Sorry, that's as public as my speculations go. smile_o.gif

Aren't those tires on that dirt bike just a little thick?

http://images.janes.com/defence...._p1.jpg

Born to be wide.

Eh...just a tad too thick. But I still need to do more work on the rakon bike. I need to figure out how to straighten the front suspension without screwing up memory points, the engine needs plastic covers on parts, and the rear needs to be extended a bit with a squarish seat added. Also it needs a grill on the sides of the rear tires. I'm not promising I'll do all that before its release but I'll try my best to fix it up to look as close as possible to the real rakon. But I figure something close is better then nothing. Oh...also...it drives VERY VERY nicely. It is much more stable then most motorcycle addons which is why I'm not sure if I'll change the wheel width or not because it handles so well as it is. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

great face of the old guy, also the bikes are really cool

@avon: what's you spekulation rock.gifwink_o.gif (do we know them, short form with three letters tounge_o.gif )

Hmm those bikes like BAS Kawasakis only stretched and made thick plus a few modifications too like the upturned exhaust pipe smile_o.gif

Nice texture work on the jordanians though.

Hmm those bikes like BAS Kawasakis only stretched and made thick plus a few modifications too like the upturned exhaust pipe  smile_o.gif

Nice texture work on the jordanians though.

Yeah that's basically what it is.  However alot of stuff was modified including the engine shape, the fender the front suspension, the rear exhaust, the wheel hubs, the front light, ect...    And still alot of work needs to be done on it.  But as I said earlier...something is better then nothing, and while I will do my best as time allows to improve it, I am not an addon maker and only know how to do a bit of editing.  But if I can get someone to fix it up better more quickly then I can (or make a Rokon AB23 from scratch) that would be fantastic.  

At any rate, I really enjoy what I made so far as its the funnest motorcycle I've driven so far in OFP as its very stable and fairly fast.  Plus it just looks funky.  smile_o.gif

Oh also... as Thunderbird said, the Arabic name tags on the Egyptian soldiers will be corrected. They were put on there using a crappy English to Arabic translation program. lol But they will be changed with proper words. My thanks to Thunderbird for point out that error and helping with the fixes.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Jordanian soldiers (temporary Woodland cammo which will probably be later updated except for paratroopers) and Jordanian BMP-2 IFV.

Jor_Aqabahraid_01.jpg

Jor_Aqabahraid_02.jpg

Jor_Aqabahraid_03.jpg

Jor_Aqabahraid_04.jpg

Jor_Aqabahraid_05.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah....a highly modified one. It is shrunk to scale with the commander moved into the turret and with the external animations stuck on it so as to add more infantry on it.

Also before anyone mentions it, the missing texture on the smoke grenade launcher in one pic has been fixed.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hah! I couldn't believe it, when I first heard it: LoBo is still alive and kicking??

I see.. i've simply been away for too long wink_o.gif seems as i have missed really a lot of details, hah?

Miles, your work looks pretty good! I like the way my former babe is handled by you biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work!!

--CUT--

Avon Darling? Just a question: would you lend me a helping hand in creating a hebrew voice pack? My ivrit is too rusty to handle something like that alone. Besides I have no military experience in the hebrew language.

I already created a very complex german voice pack during my army time. Yet, still don't have a release date for it tounge_o.gif

But would you mind helping me with hebrew?? I though about a arabic pack aswell - but i guess there are better people for this task avaible biggrin_o.gif

Hah! I couldn't believe it, when I first heard it: LoBo is still alive and kicking??

I see.. i've simply been away for too long wink_o.gif  seems as i have missed really a lot of details, hah?

Miles, your work looks pretty good! I like the way my former babe is handled by you biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work!!

--CUT--

Avon Darling? Just a question: would you lend me a helping hand in creating a hebrew voice pack? My ivrit is too rusty to handle something like that alone. Besides I have no military experience in the hebrew language.

I already created a very complex german voice pack during my army time. Yet, still don't have a release date for it  tounge_o.gif

But would you mind helping me with hebrew?? I though about a arabic pack aswell - but i guess there are better people for this task avaible biggrin_o.gif

WOW!!!!!  VIPERSHEART!!!!!   The LEGEND RETURNS!!!  

For those of you who don't know who Vipersheart is, him and NoOne are the founders of the Lost Brothers Mod.   Also Vipersheart is one of the pioneer addon makers in OFP who made one of the first if not THE first totally new rifle addons in OFP (The FAMAS rifle).    

How ya doing man!    Fantastic to see ya here.  I'll PM you my email incase ya lost it (or the email I have of yours is old).

That way you can access Uziyahu's FTP site if you want to check out all the latest betas we're getting ready to release for addonpack #3 which is basically addon pack #1 and addonpack #2 all updated.

We most definitely could use a Hebrew voice pack.  We've been looking for ages for someone to record some voices for us.  You're a military man so I know that you know what voice commands are needed as I'm sure Avon Lady knows as well.

But yeah, LoBo is definitely very very alive with tons of progress being made and with the mod being expanded to included Iranian units and possibly after we get the Syrians done, some Saudi Arabian units.  The Jordanians are well on their way and just need some new armor, and air units.  We still are working on that humvee pack you started a long time ago and plan on adding a bunch of new Humvees to it

As you can see from the screenshots of the previous pages, we also got a wide range of SAM's and a huge range of Egyptian units.

Below are some screenshots of the Jordanian AH-1S Cobra gunship that Calm Terror is working on.  He also plans on making a AH-1W Super Cobra for Jordan because Jordan is likely to upgrade to the AH-1W in the near future.

RJAF_AH1_1.jpg

RJAF_AH1_2.jpg

RJAF_AH1_3.jpg

RJAF_AH1_4.jpg

Anyhoo... its fantastic to see ya here on the forum Vipersheart!    The BW mod is also revived and active again by the way!  Make sure to check their stuff out if you haven't already.  

And of coarse the ol' HK pack is still in need of a full update as I'm sure you got several emails about.  We did however incorporate much of the HK mod into the LoBo mod in our Egyptian Task Force 777 counter-terrorism units as well as in our Jordanian units.   So it didn't go to waste.  But a full HK Mod update I think would still be really cool especially now that JAM3 will be coming out soon.  smile_o.gif  

But anyhoo.. again welcome back VIP!!!  

Oh..to Thunderbird:  Sorry I missed your MSN message, I was asleep.  lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

-AT AVON LADY- with regards to orsons SA-2

i thought the idea of a VBS forums was to stop VBS work being shown in OFP forums?

wink_o.gif not jerking anyones chain or anything but did u mention too state the BMPs thextures were orignainaly by OPGWC in their desert strom armour pack i realsed bout mayb 2 years ago using their textures from the Desrt storm desert sheild mod the first mmod for ofp ever its easy too forget im not acusing u of stealing enything

heer is the link

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4382 wink_o.gif