Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

you didn't answer me if you going to include the VME New AI?

As of right now we don't have any plans to do so. The current AI CQB system that they have lags like crazy. However if they fix that problem, then its always possible we might ask them to let us use it. But again right now, its not in our plans to do so.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Oh good news... Calm Terror was able to figure out the blood texture problem so...now we got BLOOD TEXTURES!!! YEEHAA!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well that's good...I cant just go around shooting people and theres no blood coming out. biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to the next release.

smile_o.gif

i know..the system is unreleased yet..so we'll have to wait for them to finish XD

i know..the system is unreleased yet..so we'll have to wait for them to finish XD

You have to be sure that VME AI scripts won't be that smooth, because they use the nearestobject command, and there's no other way to enhance the AI by making it that efficient using another commands, though.

OFP's engine is limited at this level.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Latest in Progress on Addon Pack #3.

Magach 7C. Updated 7A model by Hayal who converted it into a 7C and updated the textures nicely. It can be distinguished from the Magach 7A by its more angular frontal turret section as well as having a different type of smoke grenade launcher box.

LoBoMagach7C_1.jpg

Police SF Counter Terrorism unit YAMAM. Adding on to our regular YAMAM border police units are these boys equipped in full tactical gear and heavy body armor in order to conduct hostage rescue missions and other counter-terrorist missions.

They are of the few elite CT units assigned as "Take-Over" units. In the picture below they are equipped with the CAR-15 based Colt Commando rifles, a Negev machine gun, a Colt 9mm SMG, and a Mossberg pump shotgun.

LoBoYAMAM1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow cool...can you post more pics of yamam? XD

this time with M4 :P

and btw did you made egyptian border police?

and....are you sure the egyptian republican gaurd using these old weapons? O_o

The YAMAM units in the pic actually have a few equipped with M4's along with Negev MG's and shotguns.

As for the Egyptian Republican Guard, their main weapon is the AK-47 however they may also use HK weapons. We just haven't added those units to them.

Here are some pics of the Unit 669 Search & Rescue team:

LoBoUnit669_2.jpg

LoBoUnit669_3.jpg

LoBoUnit669_4.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

cont...

pics cont...

LoBoUnit669_5.jpg

LoBoUnit669_6.jpg

LoBoUnit669_7.jpg

LoBoUnit669_1.jpg

Coming Soon...Pics of new Egyptian units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Oops, double post tounge2.gif

Looking good. Particularly like you Unit 669 commandos and that Blackhawk thumbs-up.gif

I Found Some Good Addons ,The Syrian Army with a complete set of Infantry and Tanks + I Got The Palestine Police Pack Which Included in it Terrorist Organizations like Hamas,Force17,Terzmin,PLFP,and i think two more terrorist organizations but i dont know there names. only problem is that in some units of the Terroist organizations there AK-47 Doesnt Work Hope Fully Some one Can Fix That.

I Also Downloaded the Jordan Army Pack Which included Infantry/1 helicopter type/3 Tank types /Hummve.

heres the website for people that are interest in the addons.

Laterz

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/vip/

Yeah....those are the ancient Lost Brothers addons. I'm surprised they're still there. They have alot of missing textures and are based upon BIS models. The new Jordanian units we have now are vastly better. Also some of the uniforms were not authentic and have since been replaced. Vipersheart also redid most of the IDF uniforms although a few remnants of the old IDF uniforms still remain.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg... Still There some good addons. the only problem is the AK-47 on some units it doesnt work at all, it looks like there missing Ammo is there a way you can fix that please!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

IF I COULD LEARN HOW TO TEXTURE THEM UNITS WOULD YOU ALLOW ME TO? Ill AT YOUR NAME TO TO IT AS THERE CREATER? whistle.gif IS THERE A WAY I CAN CHANGE THERE WEAPONS TO THE JAM TYPE?

IF I COULD LEARN HOW TO TEXTURE THEM UNITS WOULD YOU ALLOW ME TO? Ill AT YOUR NAME TO TO IT AS THERE CREATER? whistle.gif IS THERE A WAY I CAN CHANGE THERE WEAPONS TO THE JAM TYPE?

Talking in all cap's pisses me off. confused_o.gif

band.gif

IF I COULD LEARN HOW TO TEXTURE THEM UNITS WOULD YOU ALLOW ME TO? Ill AT YOUR NAME TO TO IT AS THERE CREATER? whistle.gif  IS THERE A WAY I CAN CHANGE THERE WEAPONS TO THE JAM TYPE?

If you want to sure, and yes weapons can be converted to JAM weapons.

But you realize that we have an addon pack #2 that has a HUGE amount of addons right?

We will eventually have a HUGE Syrian addon pack that will be totally redone to be much more accurate and higher quality. We will also have Jordanian, Labanese, & Palestinian units as well. Because of this we will not work on any of those extremely old addons packs. However anyone who wants to redo that old pack can as long as they give credit to the Lost Brothers Mod. Vipersheart did most of the work on those early addons.

Our latest released addon packs are here:

Addon Pack #2

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7335

Arab Civilian/Insurgent pack

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8618

Sinai Map (latest version)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8795

Iran/Iraq map and Iranian units

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9336

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thanks miles tegs, if i ever get to know how to text units . i give credits to Lost Brothers Mod and viperheart. but how can i add other type of weapons like an AK-74 or an SKS to those old units

Well I don't do the cpp config stuff for my mod, however the best way to learn how to do it is to un-PBO our Addon pack #2 and see how we did our infantry in there by looking at the cpp configs for them.  

There are also some tutorials I believe that show how to modify addons for different weapon addons like the JAM3 pack.   Look on some of the forums here on addon making and people there should be able to point you towards some good tutorials on how to modify the weapons in infantry addons.

I should however point out that there are MANY historically incorrect aspects to those old addon packs. For example, Egypt DOES NOT use the T-72 and Israel does not use the M1 tanks. Also some of those addons are made by VIT. So you might need to credit him or ask his permission to modify them if you modify his stuff.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

one question Miles Teg, if i ever learn how to create addons, or texture units can i join your Group of Experts, Im thinking on creating my mod based on mexico border with the U.S. But First I Want To Finish THis. Anyways Take KAres ,,,, Laterz

danny smile_o.gif

Sure, if you become good at making addons that would be great, but making addons is not something that is learned overnight.  It takes a tremendous amount of patience and time to learn how to do it well.  Also my mod is very strict about realism so we will not use our old units that are not realistic.  But I recommend just starting out on small projects and individual addons first to improve your addon making skills.  

Or..... you can do this... practice perhaps becoming a texture artist. We BADLY need good texture artists. If you can learn how to do texturing, then we most definitely will welcome you to join our mod.

Vehicle scripters are another speciality that our mod is in need of.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>