Sign in to follow this  
white angel

Mission komoé v2.0 - team afmod

The AF-MoD team (French Army Mission Development) present you its last mission : Mission Komoé (v2.0)

Komoev2.jpg

This version of mission KOMOE use BAS Tonal island and all the OFrP addons packs. (see readme file)

The action take place on the African continent, close to the Komoe river, in the Ivory Coast.

"You will be droped in the heart of the combat zone, in order to defend the single access crossing the Komoé river..."

- the file : AFMoD_Mission_Komoe_v2.zip

- Mission Designer : Smoke AF MoD

- weight : 5.1 Mo

- Addons : all packs OFrP + BAS Tonal pack with patches (cf. readme)

Link to mission : AF MoD - Mission Komoé v2.0

Link to web-site : AF MoD

Good Luck ! wink_o.gif

And we have been working on it for a long time ..... wink_o.gif

enjoy playing it.

I played it - AWESOME. Easily one of the best missions I've ever played in OFP. The atmosphere is outstanding, the fighting is tough but it's thoroughly enjoyable. The cutscenes, for once, did not bore me to death. Great music too! smile_o.gif

Tres bien, mes amis!

I'm so excited!!!!!!  biggrin_o.gif

And I just can't hide it!

And I know, I know, I know

I want you, I want you!

tounge_o.gif

Well for me , the puma never leaves the top of the hill.

It'll just stay there indefinately.

V 1.0 worked alot better, better camera work, and it was nice to see the Gazelles arrive just behind you.

K4.JPG

The mission ends here^

I'm so excited!!!!!!  biggrin_o.gif

And I just can't hide it!

And I know, I know, I know

I want you, I want you!

tounge_o.gif

Heh. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the puma never leaves the top of the hill

it arrives some times , but it is very rare rock.gif

You have played a very rare mission biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for all your great comments. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the puma never leaves the top of the hill

it arrives some times , but it is very rare rock.gif

You have played a very rare mission biggrin_o.gif

I've played it five times in a row and it always does the same thing.

Well for me , the puma never leaves the top of the hill.

It'll just stay there indefinately.

V 1.0 worked alot better, better camera work, and it was nice to see the Gazelles arrive just behind you.

K4.JPG

The mission ends here^

I'm having this problem aswell.

My version is 1.96 btw.

Wierd. I have no problems, though once a Gazelle got shot down and hit the bridge, destroying it and making it a tad difficult to get my AIs across without them drowning. crazy_o.gif

this mission lagged like hell wink_o.gif Buts that cos theres Far cry on this comp and AutoCad. (Autocad is my dad architecture program wink_o.gif )

After that lagging i unpbo'd the mission so i can get the Flower song. tounge_o.gif Love that song

Quote[/b] ]Well for me , the puma never leaves the top of the hill.

hummm, ok for this bug report. It's very strange, it appeared very seldom during the period of test of the mission. We will improve that.

Quote[/b] ]this mission lagged like hell

For the official release on french forum we recommended a lower benchmark of 4000 for this mission.

In fact it depends on your configuration of OFP pref (and also of your processor occupation : verify there is no other progs that occupied the processor).

The lower benchmark the mission has been tested is 1783 !!! with no lagg !!!! --> the texture has been set to 512x512. wink_o.gif

I play this mission with a benchmark of 3000 and a texture set of 4096, and there is a little bit of lagg, but the mission is playable.

Some comments:

I have no commander. Therefore it's no clear who I should be sticking together with. I'm on my own when this would appear to be a mission requiring coordinated squad efforts.

Since there's no commander, there's no communication. If targets are spotted, I never know about it and I'm also unable to relay that information myself to others.

It would be nice to have additional intel information about other French forces in the area, MG positions, etc.

I think that you will have to continue a little more the mission smile_o.gif

The begining of the mission can be considered as a part of the intro, where your unique aim is to join your position near the river komoé. When you reach this position the team is with your orders. wink_o.gif

Personnaly, I would have preferred to order from the very start as you, but it's the choice of Smoke (the mission designer).

I think that you will have to continue a little more the mission   smile_o.gif

The begining of the mission can be considered as a part of the intro, where your unique aim is to join your position near the river komoé. When you reach this position the team is with your orders.  wink_o.gif

This is not very clear from the mission briefing itself. I would assume that there should have been a FUP (Form Up Point - my! what I've learned from this game! biggrin_o.gif ) earlier on before approaching the position to defend.

What benefit is there to design the mission as it is now, rather than to more realistically get organized before moving out? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]What benefit is there to design the mission as it is now, rather than to more realistically get organized before moving out?

Nothing for the realistic approach, i think.

Smoke wanted to put the player at the place of an actor in a film (perhaps a secret dream of Smoke biggrin_o.gif ) but alone it's true, and it's what disturbs me a little like you that doesn't make too cohesion ! sad_o.gif

The advantage could be that the player do not have an other choice to enter the action, in the way in which we have decided it. He dosen't think to other thing, only of joining his position.

That could adds to the heavy and oppressive atmosphere of the mission. Not? rock.gif

played the mission, it was great fun, the intro is amzing and pushing the atmosphere. also the start with all teh helos is well done..but after sucessfully defending the southern outpost i got stuck. happened when i had to defend the northern area. i killed everything there and even went on a crusade through the city and searched for the other 2 outposts (which aren´t existant sad_o.gif ) -the whole mission area was really clear- but the seek & destroy marker didn´t disappear.

it was a bit easy...i´d expected more resistance in the town.

nonetheless a great mission, i´ll definately try it again.

Nothing for the realistic approach, i think.

Smoke wanted to put the player at the place of an actor in a film (perhaps a secret dream of Smoke  biggrin_o.gif )

Oh, please!! crazy_o.gif

us2-0.jpg

tounge_o.gif

Well.. I got the idea that you were a platoon leader (your rank is lieutenant and the mission refers to you as a lieutenant). When you start the mission, you have no direct control over a squad, but when you hit the LZ and deploy your platoon into three groups, you take over one group, your platoon sergeant probably takes over another and a senior squad leader commands the third.

That's just how I saw it, anyways.

Well.. I got the idea that you were a platoon leader (your rank is lieutenant and the mission refers to you as a lieutenant). When you start the mission, you have no direct control over a squad, but when you hit the LZ and deploy your platoon into three groups, you take over one group, your platoon sergeant probably takes over another and a senior squad leader commands the third.

That's just how I saw it, anyways.

I must've missed a trigger.

Quote[/b] ]happened when i had to defend the northern area. i killed everything there and even went on a crusade through the city and searched for the other 2 outposts (which aren´t existant ) -the whole mission area was really clear- but the seek & destroy marker didn´t disappear.

i think you don't have seen a rebell that is still alive. This problem appears to me and i have crossed the town a lot of times. I didn't have seen a rebell hide at north of the town.

All movements and behaviors of rebells are managed by scripts for they don't leave their position and stay hide waiting for us. tounge_o.gif

But if rebell don't see you they won't attack you, and some times they stay waiting without shooting ! Arghhh another bug report sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it was a bit easy...i´d expected more resistance in the town.

Lower is your benchmark, easier is the mission. The creation of groups of rebells depend on your benchmark. with a benchmark of 5000 and upper all rebells groups are created. With less than 4000 the half of groups are created.

@ theavonlady

we have other missions on our site that could be more in agreement with your favourite hero !!! biggrin_o.gif

---> see below