Sign in to follow this  
FW200

Eu expands

Welcome to the EU all of them biggrin_o.gif

I like the expansion although especially here in the region the worries among people are high that their jobs will be affected by low price workers from the neighbouring countries. I know that is an issue as the border regions already have big economical problems because of the low price level in the neighbouring countries.

Anyway I appreciate the extension very much and I´m sure the EU will benefit of the developement in general.

Welcome BIS biggrin_o.gif

Welcome to the EU all of them biggrin_o.gif

I like the expansion although especially here in the region the worries among people are high that their jobs will be affected by low price workers from the neighbouring countries. I know that is an issue as the border regions already have big economical problems because of the low price level in the neighbouring countries.

Anyway I appreciate the extension very much and I´m sure the EU will benefit of the developement in general.

Welcome BIS biggrin_o.gif

not only the people here in bavaria are worried about this. that's the fear of many people in germany. but i can't undestand them. if you ask me, this is only paranoia.

And if i'm not mistaken now the EU has just closed its eyes on what's happening on what's happening there. The actions of these countries can't be called just. I'm not talking about Czech Republic, Malta and the Greek part of Cyprus. If countries which don't have a friendly policy (and that is mildly said) towards RF join the Eu we will see the the shift in politics soon.

You are probably right, but an EU membership is much more likely to change that into a positive direction than the other way around. They have 'federal' EU laws now that they have to respect. These laws among other things contain right for minorities as well as laws against discrimination.

Thank you, thank you smile_o.gif

For warm welcome smile_o.gif

First - hangover is same in EU than before - polish vodka, italian wine and dannish beer wink_o.gif

Second - maybe from this time european history will be a little simplier and more boring - political stabilisation and economical raising (i hope).

Third - process is not over yet - more countries to come.

And about those monuments, names, ect. - it is reaction for history, but i bet soon we all will forget about it. When u r drunken of freedom u can do weird things...

In future it will be "memento" for next generations.

Once more Thanks smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]There are actually some quite progressive countries joining Europe. In Estonia they have even per constitution guranteed access to the Internet, iirc

That's not progressive, that's casuistic. Unless you've mixed something up and it's not written in constitution of Estonia. I'll look it up a bit later.  smile_o.gif

Internet access as human right in Estonia

Quote[/b] ]The former Soviet republic, where parliament has declared internet access a basic human right, is ahead of EU countries like France and Italy when it comes to the use of mobile phones and internet connections.

About the job transfers from old Europe to the new Europe -that was the past. Now the companies start looking further, to Ukraine and Belarus.

Progress is a good thing and i'm glad people in Estonia don't have terrible problems getting all those innovations like internet, computers, etc into their life. I was just saying about casuistic character which such norms add to the constitution. "A basic human right"- that's really funny wink_o.gif

A citizen of Estonia:

-Oh my God, the net broke down! I can't access Internet because of this provider! It is violating basic human rights!

An urgent meeting of parliament follows...

Bah, forget it

wink_o.gif

All i'm saying is nice warm welcome to Malta, and there ain't any celebrations here in the UK. Surprise Surprise.

Celebration in pictures:

German-Polish border:

celeb1.jpg

A flamboyant display of the Maltese inability to spell "Europe" correctly tounge_o.gif

celeb2.jpg

Czech-Republic:

celeb3.jpg

celeb4.jpg

German Artillery in Berlin:

celeb5.jpg

Budapest, Hungary. Observe the horses in the background that will become delicious Hungarian sausages one day:

celeb6.jpg

Ceremonial removal of the German-Czech border:

celeb7.jpg

Wroclaw, Poland

celeb8.jpg

Malta:

celeb9.jpg

Slovakia:

celeb10.jpg

Germany:

celeb11.jpg

celeb12.jpg

Malta:

celeb13.jpg

Hungary, breakfast on the bridge between Budim and Pesta (the two city parts of Budapest)

celeb14.jpg

Poland, EU breakfast in Warsaw

celeb15.jpg

All i'm saying is nice warm welcome to Malta, and there ain't any celebrations here in the UK. Surprise Surprise.

More like mourning if you look at quotes like this.. tounge_o.gif

Kind of reminds me of the latest south park episode..

Soooo......

Of all of geographical Europe. Whom isn't yet part of the EU???

Soooo......

It depends on your definition of geographical Europe. Next round in 2007 it's expected that Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria will join. Notable exceptions now are Norway and Switzerland. The Norwegians will join up propably in 2007 as well as they have become quite pro-EU. Switzerland will probably hold a bit longer. Then in the future we'll have Bosnia, Serbia/Monte Negro and Macedonia. Finally we have Albania and Turkey, which are now pretty far away from a practical membership.

What is very uncertain is if the expansion will continue eastwards - Belorussia, Ukraine and Russia.

europe-map.jpg

switzerland, norway, russia, turkey, belarus, vatican (?), san marino (?), monaco (?), liechtenstein (?), iceland, belarus, ukraine, croatia, bosnia, macedonia... i don't know the english name of some and i forgot some. sad_o.gif

/edit: oh, crosspost with denoir. just take a look on his map.

Quote[/b] ]Soooo......

Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Croatia, Serbia, Albania, Romania, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey

Depending on the definition of Europe:

Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Georgia and Armenia

Quote[/b] ]Soooo......

Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Croatia, Serbia, Albania, Romania, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and Turkey

chechnya tounge_o.gif

vatican (?), san marino (?), monaco (?), liechtenstein (?),

Ah, yes, forgot about those. Well, San Marino and Monaco are for all practical matters already in the EU. They have the Euro as a currency and the same trade agreements as all other EU countries. Liechtenstein will join when Switzerland joins. In general nobody has really been bothered by the small city-states doing thigs their way as they are small enough not to have any effect on anything. The only exception is Luxemburg that actually joined the EU.

As for the Vatican, I think they would have a hard time fulfilling the requitement of separation of church and state biggrin_o.gif

As for the Vatican, I think they would have a hard time fulfilling the requitement of separation of church and state biggrin_o.gif

and transparency, human rights and discrmination guidelines... ghostface.gif

Soooo......

It depends on your definition of geographical Europe.

Splits russia somewhere to the western side.

BTW, thanks for the quick response guys.

Anyway, I reckon it's a great unity that europe has got going on. Minimal conflicts and maximum co-operation has got to be a good thing.

I shall continue to drink to world peace. tounge_o.gif

Cheers all. biggrin_o.gif

I just saw on our TV results of sounding in Russia:

30% wanted to join EU

30% wanted closer cooperation with EU

19% was agains or hostile to EU.

So far big work is done, but even much work is to be done - our kids and grandkids will have hands full of work till we could say all european countries r in EU smile_o.gif

30% wanted to join EU

So far big work is done, but even much work is to be done - our kids and grandkids will have hands full of work till we could say all european countries r in EU smile_o.gif

What about the rest rock.gif

30% wanted to join EU

Couldnt tell/Didnt give a fuck?

Correct me if im wrong, but werent romania, bulgaria and turkey next in line for membership?

They didn't tell in TV, so i assume they won't answer, or don't care.

30% wanted to join EU

Couldnt tell/Didnt give a fuck?

Correct me if im wrong, but werent romania, bulgaria and turkey next in line for membership?

romania and bulgaria, yes. turkey afaik not.

First, I'm really happy that the EU is growing more and more, so I just say welcome to the new countries.

but those countries which are mentioned in the quote, aren't they in asia? So, why don't we build up a AEU, an Asian European Union smile_o.gif

India, Russia, China, Pakistan, just to name a few of them, that are countries with a big potential, but they got a few problems with human rights at the moment I think ^^