Sign in to follow this  
jankyballs

Caucasus crisis k.i.a :(

I have to say, thats what happens when you try to do this for money...

they probably enevtually found out it was either illegal, un-ethical, or just plane pointless and non-profitable... but who knows, either way, they werent doing it for the love of it, and look at them now.

Also, it could have been the fact that their propaganda out weighed their actual working addons and they felt embarressed to really release anything themselves. wow_o.gif

or they just are no longer in ofp-mania and did what so many other people did in the last time: they left the community. but that's nothing special or new for such an old game.

and don't forget, reincarnation is in about a year...

well, after all we saw from them dont you think there would be a reason? why leave something so promising... or somehting that apprears to be so...

(what about the pacific mod, i heard its all photoshop  wow_o.gif  has anyone played any of their addons?)

i think theres lots of people (the tank god...) who just release screen shots and thats good enuff for them, feedback is good when things look pretty... functionality may bring negetive feedback which so many sencitive people cant handle.

who knows maybe they were really the best addons made yet, and buddy had a death in th family or a career move to make... who am i to guess, but all in all its too bad,

another mod that had so much time (from all its members) put into it just dies...

sad_o.gif

vektorbosons f-117a was in a very advanced state. it was a promising state. but vektorboson left the community (as we know now, only some months).

but you'Re right. we don't know why they quitted and we can only try to keep ofp alive.

Sure. We received all the stuff, but we can't release it without negotiating with their respectable authors. Rus_partizan agreed with guns release, infantry were ours, so i think we can make business with ourselves, now i am looking for Stutzer to ask him about BMPs... Anyway, their T72 models were terrible. We are going to use completely new models for our tanks.

did you get alot of stuff from them?

i really want their addons

Some of that stuff looks pretty damn nice, but given the things ive heard about photoshopping, i would have to wait until i've actually seen them ingame before i pass final judgement on what this mod achieved.......

Some of it "looked" pretty nice maybe a year ago but as with anything, it gets dated over time.

I'm sure it's great but I dont get why they held onto everything this long when I'm sure most of that could have been released ages ago and used.

Does anyone know the real story behind the fact of whther they we're going to "sell" their mod?

Was it truth, or just a rumour...I seem to recall someone from their team claiming that it wasn't true...

That's the naval infantry taiga camo isn't it?

Is LSR's Naval Infantry camo the same with that kind of taiga camo?

Here's just a sample of what they were working on...

Album

whoops... it died... bandwidth exceded :/

Edit: @raedor: vektorboson hasn't left as far as I can see... he just posted that this month he plans on releasing his pilot and that he's going to keep working on his F-117a...

here, fourth from bottom post, marked May 3rd '04

whoops... it died... bandwidth exceded :/

Yeah, it'll do that. Keep checking back, it resets every 24 hours... sad_o.gif

Bah... Who's gonna make an SU-27 now?

I understood that they werent selling the mod at all. What they were doing was selling the cd with the mod on it to people in their country who had bad modems.

As I understood it anyways.

Does anyone know the real story behind the fact of whther they we're going to "sell" their mod?

Was it truth, or just a rumour...I seem to recall someone from their team claiming that it wasn't true...

as far as i know, sorting through the flamefest on ofp.info, it was a miscomunication. i think the mod was going to be free to download, but because of its massive size, probably larger than anything else released so far compressed or uncommpressed or whatever, they were going to sell cds over the internet to people who didnt have the connection to download.

edit: what CT said

I have Vedeno island from CCM, it's not fully done but still nice...I heard that author is working on releasing both islands: Vedeno and Grozny (both from chechnya)....if he won't release then I might "leak" Vedeno biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

It is a real shame this mod had to go. I was really looking forward to the bmps and the T72 tanks coming out, hopefully one day someone will release them.

I was looking forward to this as well, it looked so close to release of many of the units.....shame really

sad_o.gif