Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Swat 4

The Police Quest series has always purge into diffrent genres.  For the SWAT series, each rendition has always been an evolution.  But from the looks of the impression by fans and removal of many features,  SWAT4 looks to be a devolution (SMB movie lol) in gameplay machanics.

When a criminal surrenders when standing at stairs.. sometimes the gun "disappears" in the stairs. biggrin_o.gif

Trying to add more weapons to the single player demo as we speak.

Three trys, one real close, the rest failures.

Any success in unlocking the wepons Wilco rock.gif

Too bad I can't help you but I'm too stupid to understand the unreal engine stuff tounge_o.gif

I'm on the last misson and have enjoyed it very much.

Its kind of a tribute to the previous game that so little has changed in the years its taken to reach no.4. Much improved graphics and physics but mostly just tweaks to the mechanics and AI. This is still very much the same game I enjoyed 5 years ago.

Mayby I'm out of practice but I've found it a bit tougher and reckon the new bad guys can show a lot more aggression. I don't remember bad guys bursting in on me in the first game. I've also had a couple of mission failures where it seems the bad guys have killed a hostage though thankfully without the regularity that it happens in the R6 games.

Favourite mission so far is probably the hospital. Not actually that tough but vicious and with a very different dynamic to some of the others.

Thankfully the game also seems to have captured the mod makers already. I've got more than 20 fan missions for SWAT 3 and hope I'll be building a similar library for this one.

Good game so far,little dissapointed because the officers AI seems a little stupid sometimes but I've found an mod that changes their reaction time and a lot more additions.

Here it is http://home.online.no/~ole-ch/SSF-RealismMod11.zip

And here is the read-me if you guys want to know first what it does http://home.online.no/%7Eole-ch/ssfREADME.TXT

Awesome game, although several things from Swat3 are simply missing, like opening furniture, using lightswitches etc.

Overall a very good game and awesome MP modes.

Anyone knows how you can add your custom missions to a server so ppl can play them online ? smile_o.gif

It's an awesome game... at first, and then you start to realize the potential that was there and how the dev's didn't take advantage of it in the shadow of SWAT3.... I dunno, check the SWAT4 suggestions page (BTW you can't log in with a free email address......... ..... .....) I loved the game until I started realizing all of the things that (to me, not being a computer programmer) they could have improved upon or at least carried over from SWAT3. That's my 0.02$.

I have only tried the demo, the graphics were not so great and it lacks detail imho, also the weapons didnt sound so realistic and there were no sights rock.gif , gameplay is ok i guess but i am not getting this game.

SWAT4 is great execpt...

On some clan servers, they don't enjoy if you swear.

But they let people TK! mad_o.gif

So I just tazer them in the back and they never know it was me. wink_o.gif