Sign in to follow this  
Spy17

Silent hunteriii

Looks like a good comeback for a classic game!

Nice water and explosion effects....

Video

Looks nice. The ultimate problem with sub-sims are however that they are boring. It's a big sea.

Silent hunter 1 was verry nice. Dynamic campaign and all!

I hope it will be verry realistic. Game info and screens look promising.

Yes the smoke in the video looks like crap. But the explosions are verry nice! Hope they improve that!

Smoke looks horrible in most games. Some OFP mods have the best smoke I have ever seen in a game! (I liked the goldmember mod smoke)

more screenshots

Bismark02.jpg

Looks nice. The ultimate problem with sub-sims are however that they are boring. It's a big sea.

But there are plenty of "fish" in the sea! biggrin_o.gif

I like the water reflections effects.

If this is supposed to be released in Q4, what we're seeing now is far from the finished product, isn't it?

Quote[/b] ]Looks nice. The ultimate problem with sub-sims are however that they are boring. It's a big sea.

It can be quiet tens if you try to sneak thru a convoy avoiding the destroyers.

It is kind of like a stealth OFP mission!

Silent hunter had good time compression!

Counter strikers would call OFP boring wink_o.gif

I've played silent hunter 2 and I really enjoyed it and this next game looks promising. And at least sh 2 wasn't boring at all as you could speed up the time all the way to x1024 so practically you could skip the boring sailing parts and just enjoy the combats. And the combats was truly fun. Remember almost shitting my pants when I saw thru the periscope a destroyer only 100 meters away loaded with depth charges coming right at me, made an emergency dive instantly. smile_o.gif

What's with the puny waves? Flat conditions here is 2~3m between trough and crest, and nice conditions is anything less than 4m. Let's see some serious N. Atlantic winter-time rollers.

A new amazing trailer:

Trailer

And here some great in game footage. The crew management looks nice!

Ingame

that looks like a good game. but such games are only for real sub-fans. maybe BIS can ask ubi soft for their game to implement it in ofp2... tounge_o.gif

A new amazing trailer:

Trailer

Isn't that the same E3 trailer that started off this thread in the first place? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

good that you say that. was just d/ling it... wow_o.gif

A new amazing trailer:

Trailer

Isn't that the same E3 trailer that started off this thread in the first place? rock.gif  smile_o.gif

good that you say that. was just d/ling it...  wow_o.gif

But I'm not certain. The latter link's file has the word "official" in the file name. About to view it. Stay tuned! smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>edit: download it!</span>

It's a different trailer smile_o.gif

It's a different trailer smile_o.gif

Yep. Nice stuff. Lots of rough edges need to be worked on but it looks impressive.

crazy_o.gif i had about 50% and cancelled it... but i saw the other 2 trailers so i know it's worth d/ling the third one smile_o.gif

apparently SHIII is underfire from the sim grognards because it's going to be ALOT more 'arcade' than SHII or SH. On the www.subsim.com forums there are more details on it and the speculation.

Mind you, these are the guys who say "WTF that sonar room is totally wrong! GAAAAAAY!"

I hope the game will have good realism and I think it will because the sub sim fans are realism fanatics!

So far the game has good potential. Verry well thougt new ideas like the crew management (something for OFP2?).

I hope in terms of realism it will be scalable  like IL2 and OFP play it arcade or sim like you can choose! I would like to use the camera option in review mode only. It is the best free camera I have ever seen in a game!

This game like most (OFP too) should find a better way to display huge smoke clouds...

I hope the game will strike a good balance between good gameplay and realism, I like the previous games. But they were kind of hard to get into, you would have to spend countless hours with the game to find it entertaining. A good game, but the gameplay can ofcourse be improved. As always smile_o.gif

I loved the last game, with the exception of destroyers being able to find you no matter what (im talking, no engines running, no active sonar, nothing, and below a thermal layer, and i still always got found.) crazy_o.gif

I would like basically Silent Hunter 2 with improved graphics and decent and realistic AI.

Looking forward to many more hours wasted, while my room vibrates with the sound of depth charges (gotta love a subwoofer) and the water pressure......

I hope they allow you to keep the voices in German this time aswell, as it really makes the game that much more immersive.

One visual effect I hope they add is crew members trying to get away from their sunken ships, in lifeboats and whatnot they can get their hands on. It may just be a graphical effect, but it does looks wierd to see a huge battleship go down without a single man jumping ship smile_o.gif

Nothing shall ever surpass the Specop videos  tounge_o.gif

The game looks like it has good graphics, with the water and explosions, but those ships could definately use some better textures

That game looks great. Remember someone telling me SH was good, but was never intersted in ship games, but that looks quite interesting. Must need a good graphics card though sad_o.gif

Hey! They stole Kegyts water effects! tounge_o.gif