Sign in to follow this  
OVERWATCHangel

American civil war mod close release!!!

Good afternoon people! Its been a good few months since i last posted and the reason for that has been a mixture of coursework, exams and other such complications. Saying that next week i'll be off again for another month on holiday so i wanted to let u all know b4 i left that im perfecting the scripting side of this American Civil War Modification! Ive already sorted out the formation side with the front row kneeling and the second row standing and aiming etc with officers at the rear, what has been causing headaches is the bayonnet issue. Making the AI use it has been less than successful and im begining to think its impossible to have them use both rifle fire and bayonnet in the game. We may have to resort to bayonnet only troops for the charges and riflemen to stand or advance on ground. Anywayz, work goes on! wink_o.gif

We've got bayonet that allow you to use them and fire the rifle, have a look at the video that was made prior to the release of the pack if you haven't seen them in action:

Low Quality Video

High Quality Video

You can download our DPM Pack from our addons page

I think the intention is to make the scripts available once we've fixed a few of the bugs found in v1.0.

Good afternoon people! Its been a good few months since i last posted and the reason for that has been a mixture of coursework, exams and other such complications. Saying that next week i'll be off again for another month on holiday so i wanted to let u all know b4 i left that im perfecting the scripting side of this American Civil War Modification! Ive already sorted out the formation side with the front row kneeling and the second row standing and aiming etc with officers at the rear, what has been causing headaches is the bayonnet issue. Making the AI use it has been less than successful and im begining to think its impossible to have them use both rifle fire and bayonnet in the game. We may have to resort to bayonnet only troops for the charges and riflemen to stand or advance on ground. Anywayz, work goes on!  wink_o.gif

sounds cool! biggrin_o.gif

i found a great looking horse that General Lee would look great on the i have emailed the owner and got no answer yet if i knew how to upload a picture i would show you the picture is on the western mod the owner is master chief

Just checked out that bayonnet video, its looking VERY good indeed! With such high quality animation and accurate ranging, its going to make this MOD even more realistic! Of course full credit on the bayonnet scripting will be publicised with gratitude to your MOD! Thanks a lot lads!

UK RULES!!! tounge_o.gif

The 10 pounder Parrott Rifle is ready:

Parrot1.jpg

The barrel moves up and down properly and the whole gun can be rotated 360°.

Work continues...

Regards,

Triglav

great pictures great work,still working on chickamauga battle got good 1863 bridges now got the bridges set touching up the roads it takes awhile i have to place 11 bridges for the battle but the chickamauga battle has changed i even have the battle of missionary ridge on it too and in time i may put the battle of chattanooga on it too after i finish the others alot of nerve of me for my first island lol i have a question i have and can make the room should i also put the battle of lookout mountain with the first two battles or later let me know here thanks

An Armstrong heavy gun is also nearing completion...

All cannons now have rotation and elevation animated and a recoil when fired.

Regards,

Triglav

Great work so far, but most of these addons look like the old addons that used to come out a long time ago.

Now thats pretty mean to say, but how i mean it is that the textures are just too pasty looking, overlay some rusty metal and stuff like that to make the textures show ware and tear, if you are unable to, PM me and maybe i could lend a hand.

Right now how clean they are they look like toys, not like instruments of war.

smile_o.gif

PS same thing goes for the soldiers (which i wont help with :P) they look like actionfigures or something, you need to fade and beat the crap out of those uniforms! biggrin_o.gif

I agree.

The soldiers you see here will be thrown away as soon as new ones are made...

But for weapons...I aged them a bit, but the detail of the surface doesn't show in these small pics.

Dear friends, colleagues and coworkers of Civil War Addon Pack.

Before I leave on my well deserved holiday on a remote Adriatic island, I wish to update you with the current state of things.

Weapons are mainly finished, though details of various sort are being polished and fixed almost every day, therefore some more changes will appear before final release. This was mainly done by Pickett and myself, with contributions in the form of sounds, textures, semi-made models and such by several other good people.

Gavin is starting work on the new soldier models and textures, and will most likely put his magic fingers on the weapon textures as well once he's done with the soldiers. Expect nice stuff ;)

Tsalagikola is finishing the Chickamauga battlefield map and Pickett is adding finishing touches to a very realistic looking Gettysburg battlefield map.

Several objects, such as wooden fences, railroad tracks and breastworks are also in the works for making battlefields feel more realistic.

Here are the pictures of the weapons as they look ingame today:

CWRiflesS.jpg

CWCannonsS.jpg

Regards,

Triglav

man they look good, maybe this has been metioned but are you adding more smoke to the riffles like with marine assault pack?

As to the webside, the answer is no, we're do not yet feel that we're in a stage needing one.

A good side requires constant work that neither Triglav nor i can spare at the moment.

The gunsmoke effect is still being worked at. Since we try to implement it as a function rather than a script, it is quite tricky.

Any help or hints in that direction will be greatly appreciated.

(As would help generally)

Goodspeed,

Pickett

This mod looks great! I wish they had a website to have a closer look... When do you intend to release the mod (can't wait for it)? :O

Evenin all! Its been quiet on my side of things what with the old exams, then holidays, and then the tiring extra shifts at work to make up 4 all the lost time! rock.gif But now things have gotten steady and ive been drawn to aiding this mod again with several main objectives in sight!

1) Helping to implement the smoke from those M98A1 Rifles (which look really cool) into trigs rifles!

2) Helping to arrange implementation of UK Forces bayonnet work into trigs rifles!

3) Completing a demo skirmish i worked hard on earlier this year lavished with effects, scenery and hopefully some of trigs models (perhaps the old ones for now) and a few new rifles to show people the potential trigs work can offer!

((Ive yet to speak to tig about this as this is my first communication with this mod since a couple months ago! wow_o.gif ))

Anyways, hopefully i'll be posting here soon with word of these areas of progression! Catch you all laters!

OVERWATCHangel

Cool! really looking forward to this

I'm still having fun with the old units  biggrin_o.gif

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

(custom formation and smoke scripts by me & Mrzig)

Overwatch and Civil War modders. Will there be any way for there to be bayonette charges?  smile_o.gif

A beta of the bayonet on the Enfield rifle has already been made. Still waiting for confirmation whether the jolly Brits will kindly allow us to use their scripts, and then we'll have to do some tweaking to make the AI start using it properly...

But as it is now...you can lead your squad into a bayonet charge. You use the "fix bayonet" command for the squad, then charge the enemy...when your soldiers get into range, they will pick targets individually, run to them and stab them with the bayonet. Looks brutal.

CWBayo-charge1.jpg

CWBayo-charge2.jpg

CWBayo-charge3.jpg

(...smoke scripts by me & Mrzig)

Is there any way you could share some of those smoke scripts?