Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

thanks again offtime they do look amazing, you think you could whip up a purple one by anychance?

I just put on them textures, they look great man  biggrin_o.gif  I might post some pics when i put on the rest of the textures.

pic of the side textures, looks damn fine biggrin_o.gif

M18pic.jpg

textures were made so mapper could aply them easy via gizmo mapping function, try it, will looks better wink_o.gif

also, you could add some more polies to them.

Yea that looks way better. I'll add some more polies to them, i hand made some before and they had way to many polies. I've been redoing all the grenades i made. BTW offtime, I have an M26 model too, think I can barrow that texture?

And does anybody have pics/ingo on grenades used by the NVA/VC. I have alot of US nades modeled but got like one NVA nade. Also would anybody help me with the soldier models i've been doing equipment and stuff and need textures, and maybe retexture the uniform.

I think thats a chinese copy of a german stick gernade becuz of the writting which looks chinese but I could be wrong.

So I guess it's a total coincidence that Vietnam borders China as well ;)

[...] BTW offtime, I have an M26 model too, think I can barrow that texture?

[...]

no mad_o.gif

ive made you new one wink_o.gif

m26grenade6kz.jpg

also after searching google ive noticed differently looking m18 grenades than those ive made previously

m18violet9nu.jpg

and ive made new textures, those will fit better to nam era

namm18green8pq.jpg

RED

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/1415/namm18red9sq.jpg

VIOLET

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/9222/namm18violet3sq.jpg

YELLOW

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/3535/namm18yellow9ba.jpg

good luck man smile_o.gif

Most of the grenades used by the NVA were of the RGD-33 and F-1

variety.

http://www.inert-ord.net/russ02i/rgd33/index.html

http://www.inert-ord.net/russ02i/f1_ebloc/index.html

They also had a limited number of RGD-5s (They came in during the latter portion of the war)

http://www.inert-ord.net/russ02i/rgd5/index.html

Altough I can't provide an example, the Viet-cong also had home made grenades made from coca cola cans and bamboo sticks.

The RGD-33 and F-1 were already made by the liberation 1945 mod team, so they saved you some trouble.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/lib4145/libprojects01.htm

Here's another I found; not sure what it's called though.

Grenade_NVA1.jpg

dudes... i made smoke grenade textures 6 months ago, theyre on that last screenshot.

ive made those same textures basically, in red and yellow

If people dont help this mod it will fold up, sad as it is, its true, and ive invested years into learning about vietnam and building the mod, image, story, site, forum etc... i just cant work on this shit 8 days a week anymore to make it work, i have only so much free time.

I learned to make addons in like a month or two, i made most of our soldiers as a total novice,,, people you can learn and help, its not impossible.

(and minorthreat, the soldiers are the one thing i might have time to finish ((the visual details on anyways)), i dont want anyone to wreck them to talk to me about any changes you want to do)

dudes... i made smoke grenade textures 6 months ago, theyre on that last screenshot.

ive made those same textures basically, in red and yellow

If people dont help this mod it will fold up, sad as it is, its true, and ive invested years into learning about vietnam and building the mod, image, story, site, forum etc... i just cant work on this shit 8 days a week anymore to make it work, i have only so much free time.

I learned to make addons in like a month or two, i made most of our soldiers as a total novice,,, people you can learn and help, its not impossible.

(and minorthreat, the soldiers are the one thing i might have time to finish ((the visual details on anyways)), i dont want anyone to wreck them to talk to me about any changes you want to do)

I'd post a plea on ofp.info, and when I say plea, I mean plea, tell them the mod will fold up if you can't get help.

Well I told drow to get me some models to finnish. and contact me here on pm or at ofp.info not a word?

Be a shame if she folded though. crazy_o.gif

such is life I reckon

for me learning is extremely difficult. I'm so willing to learn and to help but I've stumbled at the first hurdle for a long time already sad_o.gif

hi all ! i'm a new member of Unsung vietnam war mod ,

you can see screenshots of my work here

^^

cya !!!

M. I. A.

Hello folks of The Unsung Vietnam war Mod.

Where has your forum gone to? I used to check for news every day, but for about a month now that forum is gone. The only thing active now is the website. Haven't heard any update about this. So... Where areth thou, oh holy 'Nam mod forum...where....?  sad_o.gif  rock.gif

p.s. Sorry for digging up old threads. But home is where you dig it. wink_o.gif

Some damn nice looking Charlie's, cant wait to blast 'em.

US Nam weapons are looking good too. Might I suggest a bayonet option on the AK-47 and the M16A1, especially Charlie used the bayonet a lot. What's coming on the US side besides marines? The SEB Nam SEALs looked elite and really accurate, but they're becoming outdated. Any chance of new SEALs or other SF units?

Dw we are not dead, the host is having some problems, Hammy is unsure of when it will be back up sad_o.gif

We'll let you know when its back up though smile_o.gif

Units are still being worked on and are slowly but surely reaching completion, I'm not giving dates because everything goes wrong when you do that tounge_o.gif

@Ranger44

We're currently only doing Marines but SF may come into it later.

We'll keep you posted and I may persuade Minorthreat to let me post some screens sometime soon.

smile_o.gif

sim

Get your arse on msn X tounge_o.gif

I could help out, just get me if you need me.