Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

I hope we'll see multiple campaigns with different storylines. wink_o.gif

I'm totally loving that jungle! Do you have any dates or do you want to surprise us? tounge_o.gif How does the AI react in it? How well do they see/move in there?

That Jungle looks Fan ****ing-tastic Drow & Offtime.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Ps. I bet you could find some real nice birdy sounds for it if you had a scout round t'internet wink_o.gif

Will you be recreating X-Ray or Albany?

hmm, I dont want to say no but I doubt it, you might just have to use your imaginations,

there will be lots of "LZ" (landing zones) on the island to choose from, besides, wouldnt the community rather an Island that doesnt have village names on it at all? This way it wouldnt H a v e to be "Vietnam" would it? It could be any jungle you like... the key is your imagination. wink_o.gif

But anything could happen, production is still fresh enough to change anything.

lol

Well, considering we'll need to make your mod have some authenticity too. ExAmPlE........trees in ofp can be knocked down. Gives us the ability to knock these trees down with some string plastic explosives

edit: (couldnt see the pics)

yeah, ouch......i had to take my sig and upload it sumwhere else and upload it because it wasn't working crazy_o.gif and howcome ur sig is still working drow? they are all hosted at the same spot.......

p.s. you like my new editted sig? i do! tounge_o.gif (i still have my original so dont have a panic attack drow, tounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]We plan to recreate many events from the Vietnam war, between the late 1950's - the early 1970's.

Most of the overall project will encompass the years in which US involvement in more than a funding and advisory role was no longer secret, this being 1965 - 1973. This was a very significant period in time for the United States of America. It was an engagement spanning ten years, where attitudes and tactics changed. It could be argued that America lost this war, this was their longest war, and yet, it wasnt a war at all.

It was also the coming of age of the helicopter, the creation of advanced tactics to combat a foe unlike any before encountered, in a country that held no front lines, no battle fields, it was the battlefield, its deep jungles and high mountains became the ever shifting sea of front lines. The US military quickly established various strategic bases, these were to provide support for the ground troops who would seek out and destroy the enemy where ever he may be.

So we will need Firebases for our Island definitly. We will also need high mountains, rivers, bridges, roads, villages and rce paddies.

I would have just thought The Battle of LZ X-Ray would ahve been one of the most significant battles of Early Vietnam.

Why dont you guys get hosted by gotf.net or ofp.info?

I would have just thought The Battle of LZ X-Ray would ahve been one of the most significant battles of Early Vietnam.

Things change, we may do Ia Drang later, but that part of the war is documented and covered pretty well, we instead would like to enlighten people to things they may not know about.

Yes youre right, for early Vietnam thats a significant battle, but its not Marines which is where we're focusing for now.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

This jungle is so fun to battle in, cant wait to share it with yall.  wink_o.gif

(pic 4 is with all settings on low)

PS - I will stop torchuring you all now with pics untill we have something nice to give to u.

Why dont you guys get hosted by gotf.net or ofp.info?

OFPNAM is good host smile_o.gif

#Drow

compress screens or i will spend my last money to go to canada and you know what im goona do to you !! crazy_o.gif

and you know what im goona do to you !! crazy_o.gif

STAB ME?!  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

yea sorry, i will compress them tonight. wink_o.gif

Yes that does look very nice. Can't wait to put those to my A Shau. Are those single trees or forest blocks? smile_o.gif

Are those single trees or forest blocks? smile_o.gif

If they are "forest blocks", hopefully they will have working AI paths ?

Overall its look good smile_o.gif

Hey, when you will be releasing the skies and water, you will probably make a bat installer.

Remember to make two versions of it, one working with Win 2k/XP and one working with Win 9x/Me (and test them both on all systems). That will save you many "help me" letters.

These two system branches have several differences in the console, therefore I remember that Kegetys hisky pack bat installer was written for 2k/XP and was not working in 9x/Me.

Llauma made them for us.

smile_o.gif

Did u import those nice trees from VC or did u build them after screenshots taken from VC?

In my opinion they are very identical with the VC trees. Dunno if my opinion is right smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work and good luck,

Charon

This is looking fantastic.

The sky with them trees just makes it look like a brand new game.

Good work.

@CERO.

bmgarcangel:

I dont think we have a release date yet.

What kind of different gear did US Marines carry in 1965 that they didn't during the later years, besides the obvious being the M-16's over M-14s and newer radios...I also believe they were eventually given the H-Harness LBE's also, maybe they had those early on too.

I've never heard of them not being issued flak-jackets in 1965 however. I've seen numerous photographs from the early days (including Op Starlight) were US Marines were wearing flak jackets (Obviously some discarded them or there weren't enough to go around). Also, Phillip Caputo, author of A Rumor of War referenes wearing flak jackets, and he was with the first Marines there, with the 9th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB). The infantry element of this MEB was 3/9, Caputo being a member.

What kind of different gear did US Marines carry in 1965 that they didn't during the later years

not so much different, than less, and with different style, more military style... once the war got on a bit, then they started to loosen their "Military Like Appearances" and uniforms faded and got worn and torn... they were issued flak jackets and helmets and told to never take them off, they learned to cope with the jungle differently, innovating with different uses of your goverment issue kit, towels over the neck etc.

Early marines were like this, pretty much.

vn3b.JPG

m1961_04.jpg

Vn1001_1.jpg

Vn1018_1.jpg

and you cant go to a hotass place like 'nam without your swimmin' trunks  tounge_o.gif

Pict0046.JPG

we plan to bring the 67-69 marines later on.

http://www.marzone.com/7thMarines/Vn1039.htm

@ June 30 2004,00:08)]In my opinion they are very identical with the VC trees. Dunno if my opinion is right smile_o.gif

you are very perceptive.

they are some kind of mix of stuff from many sources and some of my own work.

models from one source with textures from another, my own models with not myne textures, everything just to make it looks greate   wink_o.gif

but im writing everything down, you will have full info in readme file smile_o.gif

Are you guys going to realese packs one at a time or will they all be realesed together at a far later date?

I'd love to see you guys like realese a USMC pack, etc, etc.

Are you guys going to realese packs one at a time or will they all be realesed together at a far later date?

I'd love to see you guys like realese a USMC pack, etc, etc.

i dont think so dude.

we are not addons team we are mod.

ad making mod in our opinion is about making good campaign.

when we will have our first campaign and needed addons, we will release it smile_o.gif