Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

Quote[/b] ]early alpha

They are based off of the ORCS guys, they are only 3 hours into making them, they ain't perfect. wink_o.gif

Ok than. May I remind you of the fact that the fast majority of the marines did wear the flakvest and helmet? I believe 80% of the USMC wore the flakvest. More than any other unit in nam.

So an acurate marine should have the vest and helmet. Actually the SEB NAMpack2 had them right already wink_o.gif

I hope you will make equipment like the INV44 mod; Modeled around the soldiers, much like the machinegunbelts on the SEB machinegunner, you can make bandoliers (for the magazines). I hope you will do this.

theyre only 3 hours into production.

Dont worry, we'll get them right.

edit - input is always good, we know what we're doing is all i meant.

will you make a T34/85?

i know NVA had a few of those together with the T54/T55

later on in the war, mostly the ARVN and the NVA had the tank battles far's i know,

since we're focusing on early marines for the first part (our demo perhaps), these tanks are not crucial to us, but we plan to give a happy MP experience with our mod... so dont count them out of the big picture.

wink_o.gif

Just saw this pic:

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/vt3.jpg

The guy on the left is about perfect. Only the butpack should not be in cammo, but I know this will change (as it is still work in progress). Even though these have not been worked on for a long time, I can already see that these will be great. The nylon fabric of the vest has just the right color! Perhaps you could make it a bit dirty, but than it should look perfect.

I can't quite see it in the picture, but I really hope the flakvest is modeled on and makes the soldeir looks bulky, since that is what it looked like in nam.

The helmet on the right guy looks odd. I hope you get the shape right or else copy-past the one from the SEB nampack2. The helmet will get a cammo-cover I assume? AFAIK the chinstrap was never worn that way. On these helmets the strap was very uncomfortable and was permanently positioned over the front brim of the helmet or a the back. I'm not sure if the helmet consisted of two parts (plastic inner and metal outer helmet, but if so than there are two chin straps; the thin one for the inner and a wide one for the outer helemt. The wide chinstrap is often positioned over the rear side of the helmet.

You made the clothing texures look like fabric, but IMO yo uoverdid this. The ealry pattern uniform were cotton and not rib-stop. The fabric is very fine and I think a plain texture would look more realistic than your "fabric-texture".

I know you said you don't need input, but consider it constructive criticism tounge_o.gif Overall it looks very promising and I look forward to see how these guys progress.-

I agree..good looking marines...one thing dude, those are from BFVN, you know what EA would do to you since you live like right next door to them?!?!?!

Oh ya, by the way......can your CPP. Guy help us get our animations all set up and stuff??

the marines arent from BFVN,

the bunker and sandbags are.

i will have to find out,

i asked my guy Offtime who made them, he said he was insulted that i asked if they woudl lagg like hell :P

so i assume they will be cool. smile_o.gif

HelpWanted.jpg

We are in need of some skilled addon makers. The main areas are config writers, modeleres, and texturers, if anyone has any experience with anything of this please contact some one in The Unsung

We whant you  unclesam.gif

they are very reasonable in polycount, anything offtime makes will be for proformance, his addons are good lookoing and good proforming.

We are using a M1 Garand from AIA, I might be making one made by me soon though. Perhaps you guys could use that...i'll try to help you with anything else if I can....