Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

We do have mines under construction,

but I believe I will contact CoC in the future in regards to implementing some of their past work into our mod, and/or working with them on creating new content (command systems, artillary systems, scripted weapons and traps) but we'll see how we make out ourselves for a while first.

are you guys going to have like traps in the ground, you know...walking along, then like " OH FRICKEN SHIT!! ARRGH.... "

Got all these sharp bamboo sticks sticking through you tounge_o.gif

As we stated everything u expect you would see (or wouldn't in the case of traps) in nam you will get in our MOD.

Under work lol yes naked pinups in the bunkers a most have wink_o.gif

hehe yea, the bunker youre talkin about has something lovely outside! wow_o.gif shhhh...

We will most likely use random texture scripts to change up which naked lady pictures and letters from home and different shit will show up in each bunker you place down in the editor.

(dont worry theres still going to be many types of bunkers)

will you be making the chinook cunship? or any gunships fo that matter?

Let us state this for the last time.....

As we stated everything u expect you would see (or wouldn't in the case of traps) in nam you will get in our MOD.

Not trying to be rude, so don't take it that way.

Still not too sure who we will have on the posters though.

Cindy Crawford???

I will love that tounge_o.gif

I was wondering, maybe you can use a script or something to have logos and pictures maybe stuck to a soldiers helmet. Almost like Footmuches roundel system, where a person can replace and change it.

I was wondering, maybe you can use a script or something to have logos and pictures maybe stuck to a soldiers helmet. Almost like Footmuches roundel system, where a person can replace and change it.

Or at the very least, let the helicopter pilots have those pic on their helmets, like these examples.

But can logos be shaped to fit the contour of a round helmet? Or do they have to be flat?

I would like to see maybe a black markered canadian flag crudely drawn on a helmet. Maybe to make a mission on a soldier or group of soldiers who went to the US from Canada to fight the war.

"While exact numbers are impossible to obtain, from my work as a military historian with the Canadian War Museum, I estimate that of the many thousands who served in the U.S. Vietnam-era military, some 1,200 Canadians actually served in Vietnam itself."

its funny the more i read about it, there was a lot of canadians that joined... (im canadian too) but i wouldnt count on seeing any canucks in action if i were u guys... it was the minority, i read a book called "THE CAGE" about a Brit who actually became an officer there in nam... (he said he later found out that its in the constitution US soldiers cannot be under the command of a foreigner or whatever you call it, but weirder things happened in nam) there were folks from other nations there, but they werent the norm, the US grunt is who we're basing the unsung on.

But you will still base it on more then just US grunts right? I mean, like our mod. We got many complaints when we first popped our heads up for the first time about only having US soldiers as the main roles. So now we'll have south koreans, british, belgian, french, canadian, american, and a whole shit load of other characters!

Have like in your campaign a canadian saying eh at the end of every sentence all the time in one of the platoons or something...

lol,

i can assure you we dont say eh at the end of every sentence... at least in BC we dont,

anyways, there will be ARVN (South Vietnamese) too of course.

it was the minority,

I know, but it would still be neat to have the ability to make a sort of black-permanent-marker sketch on a helmet or something.

I was just branching that idea off of my first one about having a sort of roundel system to have messages, slogans, or drawings to be placed on helmets.

yeah i think were eventually gonn ahave something like that, i just dont know how flat alpha planes will look on hemlets? I'll talk to offtime later bout this i can easily do a mapel leaf.

I don't know much about how flat alpha planes work, so...

I don't really care if you have a maple leaf or not, I'm actually more interested in having slogans and messages written on them.

Maybe a peace symbol with born to kill written on my helmet.

biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

sorry man, i can pretty much guarantee you wont be seeing that...

there were a million phrases used im sure, so we wont be taking any ideas from movies.

blues.gif

biggrin_o.gif

sorry man, i can pretty much guarantee you wont be seeing that...

there were a million phrases used im sure, so we wont be taking any ideas from movies.

blues.gif

Dang, would be neat to have a movie-based mission biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, progress looks cool. Another mod I can't wait to come out crazy_o.gif

If you guys didn't catch the news at flashpoint.ru, we have early alpha(I believe they are) pictures of our Marines...even though they don't look like Marines...yet  wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/v2.jpg

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/v3.jpg

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/v1.jpg

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/v4.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The nice guys over at ORCS are helping us out with our Marines.

(heres an extreme alpha of one of the units in progress... 3 hours in)