Sign in to follow this  
dharbert

Please, for the love of god.....

5.  Try to use variables in the config.cpp that don't even exist, such as dammage=no (cough....Mapfact....cough).

*cough* this is a real value *cough*

Show me one place in any official config where that command is and I'll take that one back.

There is no such thing as dammage = no

the variable "dammage" is valid, but "dammage = no" is not.  Yes and No are not valid variables in a config.cpp, only true and false (1,0).  And get with the program, the variables "dammage" and "riffle" were replaced with "damage" and "rifle".  The original variables were mis-spelled.

If you still think that "dammage=no" is valid, then try adding it to a soldier unit.  I bet I can still kill his a** with 1 bullet.  Using the variable "dammage=no" will NOT make it to where a unit will not take any damage.  IT IS SIMPLY NOT A VALID VARIABLE, GET OVER IT.

That's it.  I give up.  I was simply trying to show addon makers the mistakes that they make and how not to make them in the future.  If you've noticed, the people that are bitching about the mistakes that I've found are the addon makers themselves.  Well, tough shit.  Get over it.  Start testing things out before you release a crap addon.

I can see from the replies that the various addon makers and studios have no desire whatsoever to improve the quality of their work or to even make sure that it works in the first place before making it available to thousands of people to download, who will have to fix it themselves later because the original author was too fucking lazy to thoroughly test it out.

And while I'm at it, I might as well list the various addon makers that are making the majority of the mistakes.

1. DKM - Stop encrypting every damn thing like your life depended on it.  Your addons aren't good enough to require encrypting.

2.  BAS - Some good stuff, but your "BAS Week" was a fucking joke.  As for your Seal units, well we all know what happened there.  There was no leak, you simply don't have the damn things even close to completion and are just trying to cover your ass.

3.  Inquisitor -  I don't know what the fuck you did, but most of your addons won't even attempt to extract and most applications say that the .pbo is empty, which I know is bullshit.  You obviously changed some bits at the hex level so they won't open.

4.  OPGWC - You've already been mentioned.  Your mod might be decent when it finally gets released about 10 years from now.

5.  Mapfact - Again, some damn good stuff, but learn how to make a config.cpp.  And no, "dammage=no" will not do a motherfucking thing.  And make a damn readme.txt in English next time.  You know?  E-N-G-L-I-S-H, the language that probably 90% of the fucking world knows how to use.

6.  And many others such as Operation Frenchpoint (numerous texture fuckups and muzzle flash bugs),  whoever makes that damn Airwolf mod (please just give the fuck up)....etc

Anyway, this concludes my rant (as well as my membership here probably, even though every last bit of this rant is valid and warranted).  So, keep on cranking out crap and I'll keep fixing it, unless of course you're a fucking nazi that likes to binarize the crap out of everything so no one can fix your mistakes.

If you think this is good looking, then there's no hope for you:

<image removed>

That's it.  blablablabla

Would it be too hard to simply grow up and leave those childish remarks behind??   rock.gif

You were acting all nice up until that post mad_o.gif

Well post a pic of you in here, if you have the balls for it. Its easy to critizize others behind anonymity.

Would it be too hard for you guys to actually give half a fuck and starting making stuff that works?  And stop being fucking nazi's and encrypting the shit out of everything so no one else can learn from your work?  I thought this was supposed to be a community effort....

Quote[/b] ]You were acting all nice up until that post

Yes I was. Until all the addon makers starting being assholes.

Now, watch your words, Mister! crazy_o.gif This is a bit OTT.

*cough* Mods, time to close this one. *cough*

Please, Major Fubar (aka The Voice of Reason), slap a padlock on this bitch because the addon makers don't give a fuck.

So you are not gonna post a pic of yourself here? Why is that? is there something to hide? Do you feel uncertain?

Closed.

Have a nice vacation, dharbert