Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

Most time spent playing a game non stop?

Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master and Elite. I honestly dont know which of these games I played the longest, but I remember sitting from morning to morning, pulling near 24 hours, on all three of them. Of course, that was a long time ago and I cant spend that much time on games anymore....

OFP: 12 hours straight

Knights of the Old Republic: Damn near 20 hours straight a couple weeks ago.

ohh year a late edition by me.

Game: Ofp Forums

Time: 10 hours straght

What i needed: A toilet. Coke, dinner, my flashpoint dog who spots russions

Achivement: Got my post count up by 8 posts

Sudden Strike 2 (SSN 2.0 Mod) 17 hours...

playing long time mission with a friend on LAN

crazy_o.gif

well

single player : Hearts of Iron

#20 hours ---> I had some problems with

russians smile_o.gif

multi player : variable LAN games most of them was counter-strike and day of defear...

#26 +-

Game: Ofp Forums

Time: 10 hours straght

What i needed: A toilet. Coke, dinner, my flashpoint dog who spots russions

Achivement: Got my post count up by 8 posts

mwahaha  tounge_o.gif

---

Sacred is also good game to waste time with, started playing it just a few days ago. i love the hack´n slay system so much...yesterday i played for 8 or 9 hrs.

achievement: level raised by 7, my horse got killed and i´ve missed the cia coop night  crazy_o.gif

Game: multiplayer civilization II

When: 1999 in the summer

time: around 32 hours in a row ,for 4 players (started with 6 ,one was crushed ,another one had to work)

That game was fricking awsome ,the power of our civ's were all about the same and diplomacy was enoumesly hectic ,we were all suffering the "1 more turn disease" even if turns took a lot of time as we were progressing trough time.

And eventually the game ended in a very tight Space race.

time: around 32 hours in a row ,for 4 players (started with 6 ,one was crushed ,another one had to work)

ofp can be hard but 36 hours must be a shitty time to wait for respawn tounge_o.gif

you people are mad! After more than 8 hours I my eyes start to bleed, I feel miserable and ask to see some real trees and grass and birds and butterflies!

Game: SOF2 over LAN with 5 others

When: LAN party

Time: played from 8 to deep in the night, tought 4 o clock so 8 hours

And i know a game that has ,correction is lasting longer thatn any of those said. (heck it's still continuing now)

Back in 2001 variant of civilization II/III games was created that some people know as "democracy games" ,it's basicly a game of civilization wher the civ is not played by 1 player ,however by a number of people some of wich have ellected position's like president of foreign minister each with it's cabinet ,it's responsibilety's etc ,and citizin's who just hang around.(An average democracy game has about 50 people of wich about 10 have ellected positions with power ,normal citizin's also vote on certain thing's (ellections and referendum's))

About 1 and a half year later the first CivIII ISDG was born ,ISDG means inter-site democracy game.The biggest civilization fansite's ,like Apolyton.com or Civfanatic's.com each run a civ in democracy game style in 1 mp game ,meaning that it's a warfest between fansite's for the glory of being the best team ,an Isdg game is played by a fex hundred's of players in different teams ,of wich many have ellected position's in.ISDG 1 started with 7 teams of wich 2 have been annihilated up to theis moment. (one of the annihilated teams was the Firaxis team ,the makers of civ ,the other team was French)

This game is played in CIVIII and takes about 2 or 3 years to complete due to the nature of CIVIII pbem multiplayer gaming.Each site has protected forum's from where their civ is run and each team receives each turn the save from one player to play and pass it to the other ASAP ,however so many decissions must be made that a turn takes a long time for every civ.While saves are played ,decissions are made for next turn's in advance ,law's are passed our goverments are restructured in different civ's (depending on the political structure of that team) ,and most importantly diplomacy is commited.Each country has a number of diplomat's interacting with other civ's to create treaty's ,form alliance's ,declare wars ,negotiate trade deals ,press claim's etc.Due to the extreme management in ISDG games (Team leaders are usually of the best of civ players in that community) and the high number of human oppenent's an ISDG game while taking years to complete can be extremely fun though obviously very hard and unpredictable in terms of geopolitical changes.It's also very refined ,an average peace treaty between two civ's consists of a number of pages with sections,filled with requirement's to uphold the treaty and responsabilety's and string's attached.There is also a united nations body where international law's can be brought forward to be voted on by a majority of nations.

I'm currently member of the CivFanatics team in ISDG1 and 2 ,ISDG1 is running for one and a half years now and ISDG 2 for half a year.Im mainly commited to the diplomacy and strategic matters.

Puh, tough one. Played to much to remember single sessions, but there were various games that got me specially hooked, Warords 1 and Civilization 2, TaskForce 1942, Panzergeneral, History Line 1914-18, Silent Service. Sessions of more than 5 hours were not rare, once in a while up to 12+ hours ghostface.gif (yepp, this spooky smiley might come close to my face after such sessions biggrin_o.gif )

What is this real life thingy anyway, that all the people are talk about... tounge_o.gif

Game: Some Batman thing/ Red Faction/ XIII n loads of other crap

Platform: PS2

Type: 2 player co-ops, DM's etc.

# of hours: 12-14

Explanation: Was bored one night at Christmas, my brother was down, we had loads of beer and various other alcoholic beverages, a bog about 2 meters away and too much chinese for our own good. Passed out eventually crazy_o.gif

I nomally spend from 12pm-4:30pm in the editor, the from around 8pm-11pm playing with my squad smile_o.gif

Longest I've seen anyone else do is my flatmate at the time, who stayed awake playing Phantasy Star Online for 7 days.

Honestly. We checked the time he was online in game and everything. He didn't even think it was that unusual.

..... That's insane? Didn't some Cser die after 2 days of playing?

Yes it happened. Since then you find the warning inside the box about epilepsy. Thats wasnt a premeasure but implemented after it realy happened several times. Strangely enough never such case was reported for playstation or other consoles.

Game: MS Flight Simulator 2002pro

Duration of mission: 31 hours (done in 2 segments of 15.5 hours each)

Reason: simulated B-2 strike from Whiteman AFB to Kabul Afghanistan and back. including all midair refuelings(couldnt get a tanker to work off a script right so i just flew in circles for 20 minutes then hit the add fuel toggle switch next to my .mp3 player).

Game: OFP

Duration of mission: 12 hours

Reason: make war plans so i could kick ass when i comes time to invade everon to help the fight against terrorism

Longest I've seen anyone else do is my flatmate at the time, who stayed awake playing Phantasy Star Online for 7 days.

Honestly. We checked the time he was online in game and everything. He didn't even think it was that unusual.

I can understand somebody playing game good as ofp for 7 days but phantasy star?! What waste..

Wow...I can't remember very much, but I do rememebr the endless hours days and nights I was inside the mission editor for OFP...

Also, I hope there is at least SOMEBODY here that has played Rush 2 (San francisco Rush), the Stunt Course...  I never had so much fun.  Perfect Dark multiplayer, and The Sims..(time flies by when playing that game)

EDIT: Ohh my DEAR GOD I almost forgot Morrowind and Star Wars Galaxies... I dont feel like posting how long I played those tounge_o.gif

I did a quake 2 marathon once where we played all the maps on the server in a row, that must've taken about about 3 or 4 hours, but with a game of that speed, that's enormous crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

I played Rise of Nations with a friend for 6 hours, and probably kept my consentration on OFP too for a similiar amount of time straight.

When I was a little anoying kid though, I play "Kid Icarus" (or atleast kid-something) on the first Sega console I believe. It was about 6 or 7 hours straight, but with that refreshment rate my eyes were falling out and my head was exploding smile_o.gif

I also managed to stay awake with Larry 1, California games and Cargames in the old days... wink_o.gif

Seriously guys, you need to be careful. Not only does that badly influence your eyes (and they do suffer from a lot more than if you play a 2 hours a day) but also your heart doesnt take that for long, not to speak about your dreams. Hell you must be dreaming of computer games by now!

Dreaming of computer games is normal for me smile_o.gif

I have even dreamt textbased dreams from back during my MUDing days *shiver* Very strange experience...