Sign in to follow this  
cobra@pulse

What type of plane to use + sound fx?

Hi there all.  biggrin_o.gif

I've posted this to ask people to recomend the aircraft they thing would best suit the following peramiters;

1.) A Single plane mission.

2.) At night. (maybe)

3.) Needs high quality textures.

I have looked at a few such as a B2 Spirit, the B52, and a B1B Lancer, (not HAWKS, looking at that in a min) but so far the texture quality has been something to be desiered. smile_o.gif

At the moment I'm not sure whether to have a transport mission or a bomber (please no fighters) mission. So please recomend away.

With the sound fx's I was looking for some airfield sound effects, but they would have to easy to download for a mission and so would not be very usefull if in a MOD or large addon pack.

Thanks all.

Cobra@Pulse  unclesam.gifsmile_o.gif

There is no B-2 addon for OFP that I know of.  There is only one B-52 addon that is beta and never got finished.  The only other decent bomber that is actually available is the F-111 Aardvark, though I don't remember who made it.

As far as the sounds go, exactly what sounds are you looking for?

Well the type of sounds I was looking for where reakky things like overhead flybys with planes and perhaps ambiant radio comm.

Thanks for the stuff so far, and btw if anyone would like a link to a B2 theres one here;

B2 Spirit beta info

Cool. Thanks for the link. I don't see how in the heck I could have missed that one.... rock.gif

Thats ok.

Anyone else got anysuggestions. At present I'm going to use HAWKS B1B Lancer, as its the best I could find. While I'm on the subject is there any eye caddy people could recomend for a military airport such as small file size AAA's etc (they don't have to work, just be eye-caddy so preferably small in file size. Using Mapfacts airport as well @ moment)

BUMB.

Sorry guys but I really need any input you guys can give, even if its "there are non"

Well, it's not a bomber, but you said you didn't know if you wanted transport or bomber so.... I recommend the Douglas C-47 by Martin (re-textured by Trenchfeet) or you might want to try the Douglas DC-3 by Martin. Just thought I might add a suggestion.

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ April 25 2004,20:02)]Well, it's not a bomber, but you said you didn't know if you wanted transport or bomber so.... I recommend the Douglas C-47 by Martin (re-textured by Trenchfeet) or you might want to try the Douglas DC-3 by Martin. Just thought I might add a suggestion.

I'd recommend against this , since both these models have really high poly counts which is ok if the LOD's were set-up fine.. but as you might have guessed.. the lod's are set-up badly.

If this would be improved... it might very well be the best plane around.. too bad actually sad_o.gif

Well, mostly I need a modernish plane. I am either going to use HAWKS B1b Lancer or his C-130, I can't decide.

Tell you what...

What would you rather do, fly a bomber on a straight forward mission to blow stuff up and end up shot down, or fly a C-130 (lot eaiser to fly) dump some cargo over a target then some men, then get shot down? (C-130 textures and inside a way beter adding to a more interesting mission.)

Tell me what you think then I can probably decide.

Cobra@Pulse unclesam.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I'd recommend against this , since both these models have really high poly counts which is ok if the LOD's were set-up fine.. but as you might have guessed.. the lod's are set-up badly.

the lods are setup properly rock.gif

Hmm then it must have been bad on the in-team beta I downloaded only smile_o.gif excuse me in that case..

Well what do ya think?

C-130 (Transport) - Longer and more scenary

B1b Lancer - Bomber but shorter

please post what you think.

Big bump for Pulse Studios!

Quote[/b] ]Tell you what...

What would you rather do, fly a bomber on a straight forward mission to blow stuff up and end up shot down, or fly a C-130 (lot eaiser to fly), dump some cargo over a target and some men, then get shot down? (C-130 textures inside are way better adding to a more interesting mission.)

Now with added grammar and punctuation!

I'm going to have to go for the C-130 Transport.