Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Shau valley island!

@ MrZig

@ All

It's my mistake >>>

A Shau Valley ver. Beta 1.1 - 6.18 MB

A Shau Valley ver. Beta 1.3 - 6.57 MB

Please READ news carefully ! The version Beta 1.3 is for powerful PCs only !!!!!

fighter

smile_o.gif

Well, that island looks really great (especially the 4th screen with the mountains in the backround!)  smile_o.gif

Too bad that i'm not such a big fan of Nam-Addons  sad_o.gif

...but the bas and marpats should do a great job there too (burning down some drug-farms etc  tounge_o.gif )

Mfg MEDICUS

@ MEDICUS

You like WW2 addons and terrains rock.gif

I think, that it is terrain for some (Pacific, Far East etc) great WW2 missions. There wasn't war in Europe only.

fighter

smile_o.gif

@ MEDICUS

You like WW2 addons and terrains rock.gif

I think, that it is terrain for some (Pacific, Far East etc) great WW2 missions.

Yes i do  smile_o.gif

And you are right ... WW2 will be great there,too (as far as a could see on a short fly over the island).

Quote[/b] ]There wasn't war in Europe only.
Did i say something like that  rock.gif

The only thing is that i don't like the Nam-Addons too much. Nothing personal.

Mfg MEDICUS

I would download this map except for the fact that it requires the Tonal island... I know version 1.94+ updates of OFP:R was supposed to have fixed the bugs with memory running out, but my OFP still acts buggy when I have too many addons in a addon folder and it takes ages to load up.

So I'm skipping this map. It looks great however.

I just wish they'd take the Tonal objects out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@ Miles Teg

This bug is by ver. Beta 1.1. There is problem with file from Ebud = seble_su_ctverec_pruhozi.p3d >>>

this file is in Sebnam_obj.pbo and Seb_ilo.pbo >>> but different models !!! Try version 1.3 >>> this version works w/o bugs.

fighter

smile_o.gif

Island looks nice but...

Why don't you people understand the concept of TAG ?

the archive name has a tag (cjashauBeta13.rar, provided it 's the author's tag ) but, the names that actually would need a tag, the pbo's, don't ! sad_o.gif

Please fix that before a final release. I suppose the sooner would be the best for say, mission makers.

Now if the island is never to be compliant with ofpec tag standards i wouldnt use it, which is not that important, but i know of a few servers that wouldnt host it even if the island should be really good.

looks nice,

glad to see people working on nam stuff smile_o.gif

Could someone put all the other files that are needed for the island into one pack so we don't haft to download NAM full pack.. etc..

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif

from what i´ve seen so far i can say it´s a nice island (bit snowy). only just one bug attacked my eyes instantly after loading a mission on it (v.13)

-missing textures everywhere. i guess it´s caused by fatwombats hi-res cwc island textures that i use.

great island, keep up the good work  smile_o.gif

edit: here´s a link to seb_obejcts.pbo, dunno if it´s all u need- Link

+seb_iatrang

&seb_ilo

---

but i really don´t know, just remembered that i uploaded them some longer time ago.

This new map is very nice. Clearly will be among my all times favorites when it's ready.

Looking forward to the final release, please keep up the good work and don't forgett to keep us posted!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Great island...

But the really really tall trees are almost nonexistant. I can see them, but I can also drive, fly, shoot, move, and throw through them. Bug or was that purpose? It just seems odd to see my helicopter to go right through them as if they were thin air.

i accidently flew straight thrugh them with a cobra last night... i thaught it was just a fluke i didn´t krasch, but since oters got the same problem i guess its was not a fluke....

Very, Very Nice.

Best island out, in my opinion - it just looks and feels like a realistic landscape.

-ZiRo

very nice island , one of the best nam island that i every see smile_o.gif

but can you remove the steel bushs on the roads

Can someone please make a standalone version of this island? I don't want to install Tonal AND Nampack just to make this one work.

Looks pretty nice though.

Hi,

This Island looks great. I wonder if the problems with trees that people are having are due to an older version of Ilo Ilo being used? I think Ebud fixed most of the object problems with Ilo Ilo release 2.0.

Can't check this myself as all my addons are currently sitting on another computer.

Great idea anyway of using all those different objects - gotta love the maximalist approch now and then  biggrin_o.gif

>Edit, see next post<

Also, I think Ilo Ilo v2.0 has the Sebnam objects incorporated in the file, so probably no need to run Sebnam_obj.pbo too if you have that latest version?

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Well, I wouldn't mind if it requiere Nampack or Tonal, but bouth of them...

I use mod folders, and I have a modfolder for Nam and another one for BAS, and I don't fancy another shortcut for bouth of them, it makes the addons loading a bloody nightmare, the reason I use mod folders is to kip everithing tidy and to be able to load flashpoint fast, if I'm loading this two huge mod folders at the same time it gives me some problems.

@CERO.

@ Miles Teg

This bug is by ver. Beta 1.1. There is problem with file from Ebud = seble_su_ctverec_pruhozi.p3d >>>

this file is in Sebnam_obj.pbo and Seb_ilo.pbo >>> but different models !!! Try version 1.3 >>> this version works w/o bugs.

fighter

smile_o.gif

rock.gif? That isn't the bug I was refering to.

I was refering to the past problem in the entire OFP:R game where you'd run out of memory if you had too many addons.

This was supposedly fixed but I still get problems when I have too many addons in that I just get a much more sluggish game, it takes a long time to load and I get occasionaly CTD's or the game just freezes up.

With my mod folders with only a few addons, I don't get this problem.

That's why I won't download this addon...just needs waaaaay too many seperate addons and I'm not going to duplicate my Vietnam Mod folder just to play this one island. That's just a huge waste of hard disk space.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've just tried it out. Very nice indeed!

Addons I needed:

From Sebnam2: Sebnam_obj.pbo and sebnam_ia_trang.pbo

From Ilo Ilo: seb_ilo.pbo

From Tonal: BAS_O.pbo

Total Mod folder size including Ashao files: 98.4mb.

A few comments:

* It would be nice to have a few more of the palmy riverside areas like at IE84. Even a single stand of, say, 2 small and 1 large palms in some of the lowland areas would bring in a little variety, maybe mixed in with the bright green palmy bushes (With the creators' permission of course).

* Some rocks in the mountain forests would be great. In the really steep places I think we ought to see some rocks under the canopy, and the canopy giving way to rocky ground as the soil would become thinner.

* I love the bombed out village at HJ55 - it looks like an old village that was destroyed during the French era and has since been reclaimed by nature smile_o.gif I like the scrub mixture there too - those bright green palm bushes add some variety colour-wise.

* The river is really well done. I can see some great cutscenes in the narrow stretches (Å• la Deer Hunter/Tears of the Sun etc.)

* Ditto the winding forest road in the NW corner of the map. Ambush central!

Wish list:

Maybe a few brightly-coloured flowering plants around the villages? Third World Explosion have some nice stuff, Ebud can probably help out with authenticity and which plants should go where etc.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

very nice island. There's just one thing which is annoying, it's the "invisible walls" in the forests. It's not really easy to go through a forest with AIs. I also agree with @cero when he stresses the point that it should be better to use sebnam object or tonal object but not both of them. Anyway, i really love it, especially the parts with seb ilo trees and tonal grass.