Sign in to follow this  
Impavido

Update site?

lol, what if OFP2's the first game that releases a demo before screenshots?! biggrin_o.gif

honest, less then a year to go and still no news.... i'm getting worried rock.gif

I'd agree. Even if it's just a "we've been too busy with OFP Xbox to do much with OFP2", it'd still be nice to know something.

Just you wait, I'm sure they will bring OFP2 out of nowhere and surprise us all.

Like right now we're all "Damnit! I want news!"

"Is it dead?"

Etc.

Imagine if in 6 months they released 40 screenshots, 4 movies, a promise of a demo in 2 months, and a table of features and editing information etc. all at once!

It would increase hype 100x more then say giving a screen now... then next month.. etc.

I'm too tired to think so I could be saying rubish.

Good night.

there is no sign of people from bis or anyone concern by the making of the game that they are reading what we write, there is just no consideration for us (im sure the game will be very hot but at least they should try to keep people happy or just make all the rumors stop or any words like "be patient everything is going good ") rock.gif  give us a sign please just to tell us that your listening and that we are not loosing our time by coming to this forum. sad_o.gif

They must be very busy with OPF-xbox, they have been working in that conversion for so long now. Maybe it was a mistake to make a xbox conversion of OPF, it must be a great chalenge for them to make OPF run in a console but they took it and have a contract and they will have to conclude it before even thinking about OPF2.

The good thing is that by porting OPF to a console they must have optimised the engine to its extreme limits and developded new techniques that will make OPF2 run smoother and with better detail amongst other improvements.

After xbox opf comes out BIS will problably need some very earned vacations and after that they will start developing OPF2. Now for OPF's sequel to come close to all our expectations and to reach what BIS's wants to achieve it will take a very long time of development too (OPF is not like COD or any other Quake 3 mod style games). So the bad news is BIS problably expected to have finished OPF-xbox by now but they havent and they problably havent started OPF2.

Now how much time does a developer need to put a good game together? 2/3 years? Problably more so they will only start advertising it when they have something representative of what the game will offer and look and a estimate release date. 2006? 2007? It wont come any time close so we better loose this premature hype and enjoy what we have now.

do you guys realy think BIS will post news if you cry for news hel i whodent and i whant news to but hey let them work and we will probebly have OFP 2 some time in the next years

With all respect to BIS, it seems like we get little support from them compared to other Devs. It's almost like a slap in the face with the cult following we all have for this game. I understand that I have no right to be shown what I ask, but out of common decency, OFP would be a $10 bargain game if it wasnt for us. It just seems like the devs are playing with us like little puppies...while we all view them as gods.

If u want, gimme a warning level for this, I'm willing to take it if you guys dont like what I said. I guess my days on this forum are numbered after that comment. Sorry if I offended anyone...it wasnt my intention.

First of all Hi ALL! My first post  biggrin_o.gif

I follow this forum for about one year and a half by now, and since a saw the OPF2 I press relese, came here almost everyday, trying to get any info on the greatest game I ever played and still play, it´s my absolut record, i never play one game more than 3 or 4 months.

I have to agree with Skewballzz, its odd or at least strange that we dont have not a single word from the DEV´s team I know they dont have to say or reveal anything, but this is their forum! We know they read it, or should read it, so a litle word just saying that the work being done or so, will revive all comunity.

Sometimes I thing they dont show anything, because there´s NONE!!  sad_o.gif

Sometimes I thing they dont show anything, because there´s NONE!!  sad_o.gif

I'm sure there is work. I ask me for how long....

For developing games you need cash. 3 years after release of OFP 1 and the last Cash Cow in June '02 (OFP:R)

-> 2 years!! <-

they need OFP XBOX to be a hit an to get some money....

....to finish their next work. If i'm wrong, if they take a bath in dollars every evening after the work, it's ok, no problem for me biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Bohemia Interactive announce the employment of Paul “Placebo†Statham as Community and Public Relations Manager, based at our offices in the Czech  Republic.  
So placebo if i read correctly you are the one who take care of public relations (based at our offices Czech  Republic) means that you know a lot about whats going on , could you tell us a little more? about whats bis intentions about the communauty and ofp2 and anything you find would bring this topic to an end (at least tell us what bis as decided to do about communauty please so we are not gonna loose our time by comming here each day if they dont even want to inform us) rock.gif

for hornet85  

Quote[/b] ] if you cry for news hel i whodent...
by telling us such things , it just show that you dont care about people ,We do not ask them to give us the moon we just ask for respect , and i have bought ofp1 and ofp goty edition $$$$$$$, i gave them my money in exchange bis have to show me some respect and every other persons here too. Right now ,they are doing ofp2 with our $$$$......at least they should write us something ,anything even if its not anything of importance.

sad_o.gifP.s wish i could speak czech meaby i would have better result rock.gif

I agree with the original poster. Throw us a bone - any bone. Even if it's, "Sorry we are too busy at the moment, we will get back to you soon. Honest." then at least we know you are all still alive.

As for release dates, a years notice would be good - so I can get to work building an uber pc in time for (I hope..) a game that I can spend another 3 years stopping the missus from accidently popping into the microwave.

I think BIS has figured out that you want screenshots ever since they announced OFP2, no need for a thread thanks!

It's just a bit silly asking placebo for answers;

-"I am not allowed to say anything about this new project yet, company policy"

-"BUT CAN YOU TELL US ANYTHING!?"

-"Oh well since you asked:"

biggrin_o.gif

Complaining about it won't change anything, and we all know you'll buy the game anyway. icon4.gif

Don't worry, BIS will give you your info when they have some info to give...

Quote[/b] ]Thier info from a year ago about OFP2 being in Africa, Asia and Europe in the '70s was changed.

Hahah! This only proves the kind of communication of BIS towards its costumers and fans.

We are in the year 2004 end of july, and the news about the scenarios of Africa, Europe and Asia, were about....May 2003. Im sorry but didnt even knew that the scenarios had changed. (probably to islands, which honestly are the best scenarios for this game)

In one word: funny.

I don't think we have any right to expect BIS to give us any us info when we want it. After all it's their descision when to release what information about the game. Just because we bought OFP1 and Resistance doesn't mean they owe us anything.

Don't worry, BIS will give you your info when they have some info to give...

That´s creepy, if they don´t have any new info at this point then we´ll see ofp2 maybe at 2015.

You guys really should take a look at the OFP2 forum over at the Codies' site. We've been talking about this same topic in several posts.

Okay!!

If you don't give me news about OFP2 RIGHT NOW me and hundreds of other members will leave the community and never return!!!!!!! Not even for OFP2!!!! Never! you heard it, n-e-v-e-r!!

you win... sad_o.gif

cry.jpg

I need it! crazy_o.gif

The problem is they mentioned it, now I must know! It's like when someone says "I was going to tell you something, but nah, forget it." As soon as they say that you have to know. Valve Software tried to play it safe by waiting until the very end (or so they thought) before even acknowledging that HL2 was on the way. It was supposed to be released that September, ofcourse we all know now they were quite a bit too optimistic.

BIS and Codies don't have the option now of keeping the cat in the bag for so long.

I think, we`ll soon see some pics...

I don`t have official info :P But I`ve used the Force tounge_o.gif

Look, ofp2 will be in 2006, so they probably understand that It`ll be nice to see anything before 2006wink_o.gif (!!!), so...

If they have some pics already, but simply It wasn`t so pretty as we want to see (as the pic from the game that is going to be developed in 2004/2005), they show us It, just because we have`nt got anything else... Maybe on the secret page? I don`t know...just an idea...

regards to "waiting" community

I posted this thread on April 24th 2004, in which I pointed out that the last official news post was almost a year old at that time...

Well..I really don't want to sound like a whinner, but I have no choice. It is now December 19th 2004 and not a single thing has changed. sad_o.gif

This really blows.

PS- I still love you BIS

I gotta agree with that. I've already got this creepy feeling there's not much going on with the project.

Most likely most of the people at BIS are still too involved with finishing OFP for X-box sad_o.gif