hardrock

How to make an addon

Hmmm, gaven't used it very much but if memory serves, PAATool is known to degrade the quality during conversion... heard that PAnTool doesn't have the problem though (or it's less noticeable), but haven't done many/any .tga>.paa conversions with it, even though I have it.

Any idea of where I can find a link that works? The ones I'm findind seem to be dead.

edit: Nevermind I got it now. Thanks a lot. smile_o.gif

So here's what I do, and I apologize in advance because I'm going to try to be as detailed as possible. I hope someone can help:

1st. I choose the part of the model I'm going to skin. In this case I've been chosing an entire side of my plane, as I saw in Footmunch's plane.

2- I go to Studio Max and make a 1024x1024 render of the side view of the plane just to get the basic shape right.

There you go. How far am I from getting this right?

You go the wrong direction fairly quickly. Making a render of the side of the plan in 3DS MAX is not the way to go in terms of mapping. Then you might as well use O2 Lite. One of the reasons that 3DS MAX is such a great tool is because of it's UVW Map and Unwrap UVW modifiers. These allow you to do a very accurate mapping of the thing you are creating.

[Tutorial]

I didn't explain properly.

I don't use the rendered image to map the plane in Studio Max. I just use it to get a basic shape to start with in Photoshop and then I try to texture/map the model in O2.

I know you can texture objects in Studio Max but I'm still trying to learn how to do that.

edit: @JdB wow great tutorial... thank you very much.

when you work with 3dsmax, forget o2. make your textures in 3dsmax and after import them. i don't understand why you want to use o2 to texture. huh.gif

when you work with 3dsmax, forget o2. make your textures in 3dsmax and after import them. i don't understand why you want to use o2 to texture.  huh.gif

I still haven't learned how to texture in 3ds. I always get stuck halfway through some tutorial. At least in O2 I'm able to get my texture on the plane  confused_o.gif

@kilkil thanks a lot for that link. Lots of good information there

Please, if i Compleat my mod, how can i Upload them help.gif

YouSendIt

( C)RapidShare tounge2.gif

FileFront

and also, there is a cool site.. Don't really remember the name.. Hmm.. Oh, wait.

I think it's google.. Not sure.. Could be. wink_o.gif

Good luck with whatever you're uploading

JW

wink_o.gif

Thank D@nte to have show me this link months ago wink_o.gif

Thank D@nte to have show me this link months ago wink_o.gif

it was a pleasure wink_o.gif

Rebl Man please do not double post. If you have something to add then append your first post.

Thanks

Hoz

Ok, thanks to JdB, Killkill and D@ante I forced myself to try to learn how to texture my plane in Studio Max. Turned out to be a little easier than I thought, in large part because of the great tutorial JdB posted.

Now the problem, as you can guess, becomes: how to import the textures to O2? I read a few topics about this but...

confused_o.gif It'd be a lot easier for me if someone posted a step by step

If it's all mapped, all you have to do is export the file from 3ds max (file > export), and then import it into o2 (file > import).

Abs

[Edit: One thing, you need to make sure that all your texture sizes are a power of two. I really hope you've done that. smile_o.gif]

Im only interested in making infantry addons are there any links or tutorials that could help me , ive looked on the first page and cant find any.

Hoz, Thanks and i will not do something breaking rules agein.

I have last question about the grey things on the textures.

how to make it ? , i'm also use old photoshop 6.

thanks a lot.

<s> EDIT: And last question: i want to fix the smooth and Sharp edge in my parts of my models, how to do that ?.</s>

EDIT2: no reply, this is just 1 questions and no reply ?? .

sorry, but do you know how can I install in single player game this?:

Hi, I downloaded some OPF vehicles and weapons but I don't know how use them in the game: for example, I downloaded a AK47 model (.pbo name's is: AK47CS.pbo) and I put the model in \res\addons

I putted the model too in

\addons

and

\@ak47

nothing, in the game I have the old AK47, yes, too the base model is well but this new is better...I want know how can I use in the game (using how AK47 default in the game) or when can I find a AK47 ("classic" edition) to download

and install...

or

I downloaded the packs and I copied all files in "res\AddOns" folder but nothing is happened...what I must do for play with the new models? HELP! The weapons are the same and too units models...:(

can I use them in Cold War Crysis and Resistance campaign? Or I must play with GRAA+ECP+SLX+Vehicles and Weapons models?

I posted here because I think you know what I must do for make work the mods, making a config.cpp file or something else... biggrin_o.gif

PS: Sorry for ortography errors but I'm not english\American biggrin_o.gif

Thank you

well there should be no folders in the addon folder, except for island amination folders. All pbos are to be placed directly into the addon folder without folders in order for the game to load them.

Hi to all!

i wanne learn to make tuxtures and to reskin

wat do i have:

O2

Texview

GIMPPortable is this a good program?

and how do i open a (dot) .Paa file