hardrock

How to make an addon

Hi everyone. I'm about to start my moddeling career for OFP and as such turned to this page for the necessary tools of the trade, however It seems that the links for Oxygen Light & Oxygen viewer are out of order sad_o.gif . Therefore I turn to you guys. If somone could point me in the right direction to where I can get Oxygen Light & Oxygen viewer I would be grateful notworthy.gif

Just incase you dont have the full list.

Oxygen

Oxygen viewer (bulldozer)

paatool

textview

a good computer graphics program,photoshop,paint shop pro,gimp,etc

pbo tool

and in the future binarize tool.

wish ya luck!

Thanks for the info xnodunitx, but what exactly is it that the Pbo tool does? Couldn't find any info on it confused_o.gif

it compiles your addon(s) into a pbo file which ofp uses to show it ingame (in a manner of speaking smile_o.gif :P) )

there is also a unpbo tool which decompiles it so you can change things smile_o.gif

Wildo

Aaah now I see what he ment, he was reffering to Winpbo or antoher such program smile_o.gif . Well thanks for clearing that up for me thumbs-up.gif

Hi

I need some good tutiorals about "how to make a nice textures" in photo shop 7.0,

like Uniform, skin, face etc.

Have you got any?

pleas help

Pietrek OUT.

Hi

I need some good tutiorals about "how to make a nice textures" in photo shop 7.0,

like Uniform, skin, face etc.

Have you got any?

pleas help

Pietrek OUT.

I don't have any links by the hand, but do some google searches with phrases like "create realistic textures" and similar.

cant download any tools. is the links down? sad_o.gif

cant download any tools. is the links down? sad_o.gif

They changed the paths, it seems. I edited the first post and updated the links, they should work again now.

Btw.: Interesting move. The files are no more located in flashpoint1985.com/breathe/ but in flashpoint1985.com/flashpoint/breathe/. Anything new to expect? smile_o.gif

I don't have any links by the hand, but do some google searches with phrases like "create realistic textures" and similar.

Digital Art Resource.....seems to have died though due to lack of submissions sad_o.gif

I was just wondering if anybody can help me?, i know how to create a basic uniform with the all the details (dirt, colour variations wrinkles etc), but i'm unsure how to create a realistic camo pattern from scratch?..i'd prefer not to have one of these "Filter sponge.." one's as there's plenty out there and they do not particularlly look very good.

Thanks for any help

Decimus

Hi,

Do you mean you wish to create existing patterns from scratch or create your own fictional ones? To create backgrounds for existing patterns one of the best sources is Henrik Clausen's camouflage site which has excellent pictures of various camouflage patterns from all over the world. The links page has several links to other good sites on the subject. Another useful page to get decent camouflage pattern backgrounds from is this site. In my experience it works best to trace the patterns in different layers for each colour, as reducing the number of colours using standard picture editing functions will often go wrong if the photo has creases or shadows. Personally I do not like using photographs directly as a source for textures, I prefer to eliminate the creases, cloth texture and other effects to create a layer with a plain camouflage pattern, then add other layers with crease patterns and texturing for better control over the end effect.

Fictional patterns can be created in various ways, one can for example take existing patterns to get the basic distribution of blotches and then use the various filter options to change the shapes and colours or use a layer of a single colour, add noise and then use filter options and reduction in number of colours to get an erratic pattern.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the links to the tools. When my comp crashed a few months ago, I lost everything I did and had to start over from scratch. Especially the tutorials are very handy

Thanks

Rotten

Does anyone know of any good config writing tutorials knocking about? I need to write a config for an infantry addon, but havnt written any configs from scratch before. Any ideas?

Someone needs to update some of the links, like the files hosted by gamezone, it needs to be gamepark wink_o.gif

I'll just post it here, as I'm too tired to think atm and it's quite on topic.

OK, I'm making some faces (personal use, atleast so far) for Llauma's head v2, and I'm going to use facetex2 as the base. But I can't open the .pac files. So, could someone direct me to an utility that would allow me to convert .pac into .jpg, .tga or any Photoshop-readable format. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, it took me a while to find it... but after a proper search, I came across with PAnTool. Seems easy enough to use. wink_o.gif

Now, if I could just motivate myself... to use my camera and Photoshop.