hardrock

How to make an addon

Hmm that didnt worked neither wink_o.gif Anyplace else??

Anybody have the link for the config writer site, its not showing up anymore on my bookmarks and the site that link it it show errors.

I would like to start with retexturing human model (just diferent clothes..), and I don't have any experiences with oxygen. Which is the easiest way to do this? Is there any tutorial for begginers?

I would like to start with retexturing human model (just diferent clothes..), and I don't have any experiences with oxygen. Which is the easiest way to do this? Is there any tutorial for begginers?

http://ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=56

Basically you just need the texswap utility (already posted here), a makepbo utility (don't use the ones in the tutorial; better ones are linked here). The tutorial is kinda old though, and you don't need to fuss about with unpack-sqm like he says.

Just a note about addon making:-

PLease PLease please, if u are using another addon, eg an unofficial addon to compliment your own addon as pilot, or need other unoffical addons, please state it when u publish your addon to the community. Because sometimes, after downloaded 20MB and a couple of hours later, an error message pops up that u need a certain mod to play the addon....and u gotta hunt all over the place for it, and would need another couple hours to download that entire mod for just a handgun or a texture!...Not that i am not grateful for the addon, but ....sheesh. crazy_o.gif

You can actually model your own parts and there's no need to use others, but if u must, at least let us know before we download it or compile it together. Thanks. smile_o.gif

Okay, I've been bending my head around doing texture maps. I got the general idea (I think), and wondering how I adjust those maps so that they work in the model. I've used 3DSMax before, just trying to figure out Oxygen...

im looking to re texture standard bis buildings into a Winter format. I have created textures but they dont seem to show up in game.I used the texture swap utility.

If they are not showing up is this to do with the Config or the textures themselves.

If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.I think for someone who has done re textureing before it would only take a few minutes.

Please PM if you can help .. full credit will be given on release.

It depends on where you put the textures and what path you used. Could you post this? Then we can help you more.

These tutorials are super:

Tutorials by Fab

Especially the "How to texture a tank" tutorial for those who want to learn how to texture in Oxygen smile_o.gif

Do you all know where the face textures are in the game? I converted the pbo for Data and 3D Data and cannot find faces. All I want to do is replace the textures of the original faces. Thanks.

Do you all know where the face textures are in the game? I converted the pbo for Data and 3D Data and cannot find faces. All I want to do is replace the textures of the original faces. Thanks.

The face textures are included in data.pbo and I believe they are called xicht(put a number here) smile_o.gif

I'm a starter trying to learn the use of oxygen. But got some problems just from the beginning and make me really frustrated. Wonder could any one kindly help me to solve the issue??

After installed and set the oxygen, I tried to open a model file in p3D format of an addon from others. But Oxygen just told that the file can't be loaded. And I couldn't preview the model by viewer. What's the problem really??

But Oxygen just told that the file can't be loaded. And I couldn't preview the model by viewer. What's the problem really??

Then it's an ODOL p3d you can only open MLOD p3d's in Oxygen. You can convert ODOL files to MLOD with ODOL explorer smile_o.gif

But Oxygen just told that the file can't be loaded. And I couldn't preview the model by viewer. What's the problem really??

Then it's an ODOL p3d you can only open MLOD p3d's in Oxygen. You can convert ODOL files to MLOD with ODOL explorer  smile_o.gif

Oh, Ironsight, thanks for your quick reply. But where could I get the file of ODOL explorer?

Then it's an ODOL p3d you can only open MLOD p3d's in Oxygen. You can convert ODOL files to MLOD with ODOL explorer smile_o.gif

Oh, Ironsight, thanks for your quick reply. But where could I get the file of ODOL explorer?

Look on the first page of this topic whistle.gif