hardrock

How to make an addon

hi, someone would have a working link of the brsseb's tutorials. I have installed Oxygen, it works fine but the addons appears black and white in the bulldozer window, + i have forgotten which option I must change to see the textures in oxygen. thx in advance

I was surprised to learn the old link still works. I thought it was gone.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

Is this the same one you tried?

I didn't think you'd be bothered using O2light . Assuming you're the same person I think you are. :)

By black and white do you mean totally white with shading?

Is the addon folder in the same directory as O2?

hehe, thx for the link, it is perfect. :)

By black and white do you mean totally white with shading?

i mean black and white, like a picture without colors. now, i can see the textures but they don't have colors.

I didn't think you'd be bothered using O2light 

well, I just wanted to take a look at all these old stuff. (old but awesome stuff). I installed again OFP 1 month ago, it is like a time travel full of good moments.

Assuming you're the same person I think you are

and who I am? :P

hehe, thx for the link, it is perfect. :)

i mean black and white, like a picture without colors. now, i can see the textures but they don't have colors.

well, I just wanted to take a look at all these old stuff. (old but awesome stuff). I installed again OFP 1 month ago, it is like a time travel full of good moments.

and who I am? :P

Hey you're back mate ;)

hi ;) . yes, it seems that OFP will stay in my life for ever lol.

Hey. It is you. Glad to see yer still alive n well. OFP can be a hard habit to kick when you're used to it. :)

So the textures are greyscale? That's the first time I've heard of that happening.

So the textures are greyscale?

yes. it is a little bit strange.

If the same textures render correctly in game, I don't know what would cause it. I suppose if you're using it on a newer operating system like Win 10, it could be an incompatibility with that. I don't know of any options that would correct it within O2light though.

I've gotten used to working without O2light for quite a while now. Most of the time I'll just use it to correct the normals after export from Blender. I don't bother previewing models in buldozer, unless an issue pops up.

I use win7. this is not very important, just boring. I don't do addons, for now I check only T'roc's ww2 tanks pack  (proxies, etc) + some other ww2 addons. anyway, thx for your help.  :)  btw, it is impressive to see players still create addons for ofp  ;) 

it works now, I made a mistake in the options :P I lost the habit of using these tools

well, i checked some old addons, and I had forgotten that the be45 marder has a problem, all the ennemy shots don't touch it; they fly above this tank. someone has a fix for this tank? or a solution? :P

After converting weapon .p3d to MLOD and editing it with oxygen the shadow disappeared. What could be the problem?

Converting to mlod with odol explorer usually duplicates the vertices of the model. Select the whole model and use the 'merge near' function, for each lods. It also fucks up the named properties by adding a useless 'space' at the end of each named property name. I suppose your 'lodnoshadow' property in the res lods has this problem too.

• Like 1

Have you ckecked the fire geo lod ?

checked, thx the problem was there

Hello, I've got a question. I've just created a MLOD model with textures and the units' face is always the same and is "face1" a guy with goatee beard and spectacles.

How can I assign random OFP faces to my units in my addon?

I've tried some scripts and "eventhandler config" but eventually failed.

Thanks in advance

If you want the faces to randomly select from the default range, then the face texture should be xicht_a.paa. I think xicht_2a.paa will also work. The head and hands using these textures should be part of the "osobnost" selection. The entire head should also be part of the "Mireni" selection for the first Res lod. Otherwise you'll see the inside of the character's head while in a vehicle. Counter-intuitively, the engine uses the first res lod while in vehicles, rather than view pilot.

Also make sure your model has an entry for CfgModels.

That's obviously the non-scripted version. But there are addons out there like facetex that have their own scripting built in. But would require you to modify your character to accommodate a custom head model.

• Thanks 1

hello im just looking for advanced tutorials to addon making i do know bersseb's tutorial and macser's blender modelling i want to know if there is another Tutorials

That tutorial is for a much older version of Blender. 🙂

What do you mean by advanced exactly?

8 hours ago, Macser said:

That tutorial is for a much older version of Blender. 🙂

What do you mean by advanced exactly?

basically i was meaning about tutorials that has all the info about how to make mod and how to make a unit and etc

I know "mod" and "addon" can be interchangeable words in other communities. But generally "addon" refers to smaller projects. Like weapons, vehicles or characters.

"mod" usually refers to something larger that affects gameplay, or the overall look of the menus. As well as adding new content.

If you know how to make a self-contained addon, you have the basic knowledge to make a mod.

How far have you gotten with brsseb's tutorials? Did you successfully complete them?

Ok. Well that's the best place to start. Weapons are a great introduction to addons, as they're relatively simple to get working.

I'd suggest going with that first.

• Like 1