Sign in to follow this  
Black Knight

Flashpoint 2 at e3

thats bullsheet!

Rarrgh! crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

i can't understand/support that, too crazy_o.gif

Have to admit that it makes me a lil sad.

bah, dont like that feeling sad_o.gif .

But I guess they got a good reason not to show it and as we all learned in the last years playing ofp:

Have patience (waiting in the lobby) and you will have a very nice battle.

@ May 07 2004,02:04)]Have patience (waiting in the lobby) and you will have a very nice battle.

Hahaha... so true. Sven, you're now the official board philosopher. biggrin_o.gif

You know, I just had a thought. Maybe Codemasters won't be showing OFP2 as a functional game/demo but they might still provide information about it.

Maybe? crazy_o.gif

I think that Codemasters were asked not to showcase OFP2 because it would just embarrass the other publishers' new products, causing a media frenzy that would overshadow the rest of E3.

I think that Codemasters were asked not to showcase OFP2 because it would just embarrass the other publishers' new products, causing a media frenzy that would overshadow the rest of E3.

hehe... that's too good to be true. sad_o.gif

Maybe OFP2 won't be at E3 but who knows, maybe BIS will release some pictures or videoes. Please!!??

lol, why should bis give us videos when codemasters shows them not on e3?

why? cos it seems that the xbox version of ofp1 has a higher priority.  mad_o.gif

that really SUCKS

BIS going bankrupt, is THAT what you want? These people need to make money too, and it has been quite a while since they released a new title. They should focus all their attention on the XBox version. I think they would also have preferred to have the XBox version in the stores by now, and be able to get some serious work done on OFP2, but game development is a bitch.

Give them a break. In the end, work done on the XBox version will also benefit the PC users. And maybe, just maybe, they still have a very nice card up their sleeve for E3. Who knows?

wow_o.gif

I think it won't be shown because it's still early in development. I read a while ago that it won't be here until late 2004 and possibly 2005. I think it's better to with hold info until closer to the release date. I hate when awesome screens for a game come out. Only to find that game to be 1-2 years away. I'd like to see some new updates about OFP2 but I can understand them not being at this E3. It would also make for a good marketing strategy. Again, most attention will be on HL2 and Doom 3. OFP will just be buried underneath all of the fake promise the devs of those two games say again this year

Isn't it Codemasters who determines what's shown, not BIS? So I don't think its BIS's decision as to what gets shown, its Codemaster's. mad_o.gif

I think it won't be shown because it's still early in development. I read a while ago that it won't be here until late 2004 and possibly 2005. I think it's better to with hold info until closer to the release date. I hate when awesome screens for a game come out. Only to find that game to be 1-2 years away. I'd like to see some new updates about OFP2 but I can understand them not being at this E3. It would also make for a good marketing strategy. Again, most attention will be on HL2 and Doom 3. OFP will just be buried underneath all of the fake promise the devs of those two games say again this year

Well the point is, if it is too early in development to show anything on E3 it means that no way it can possibly be ready by mid 2005 let alone end of 2004. So hopefully they will show us something, and just don't want to say that until E3.....

Well it was a poor choice of words. It might not be that early in development but that the devs feel like it's too early to show anything. Then again it's most likely Codematers and their crappy system of marketing tounge_o.gif I'm sure some info will come out... At least I really hope so biggrin_o.gif Just throw us a crumb oh mighty OFP gods smile_o.gif

who would get a crapy x-box version anyways...  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

me.....

Since OFP Xbox is going to sorta be OFP 1.5, I doubt that they have made major work towards OFP2 alone, since their mostly just upgrading the engine and graphics right now... I think...

Well OFP: X-box (v1.5 of OFP engine) already has real-time shadows and pixels shaders, two new things that are really necessary for OFP2. I wanna see how those look, etc...

And as the xbox is essentially a pc it shouldn't be too hard to port it over to the pc...

A damn shame OFP won't be there. I can remain patient for a little while, but after that I can't be hold responsible for my actions... crazy_o.gif

Times like this you wish you worked at Bohemia sad_o.gif (Batdog Sad sad_o.gif ) tounge_o.gif