I ahve been following it!

lol E3 started 11th-.. lol 1 day more after this tounge_o.gif ends 14th

it's from 12th to the 14th may.

sad_o.gif

but ofp2 is not there crazy_o.gif

as you can read some posts ago here.

no its from 11th to 14th!

I ahve been following it!

hm, if i remind correct, i read 12th-14th on the homepage of e3... but i think it's just not very interestinmg now, cos today is the 13th smile_o.gif

at least they showed some pics of ofp xbox version...

I already contacted Claire, some Codemasters staff at E3 to question Marek on OFP2. I´m not that confident about new info anyway sad_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

It looks as if they only presented OFP for xBox. F****** S***. So perhaps we will see first screens on E3 in 2008 and will get the final game in 20[place here a number between 10 and 99].

Im well gutted there again was no news on Ofp2 to wet my appatite. I remember last years E3 being dead eager to see some news on Ofp2 and nothing comes along. I have noticed a few games that are being shown tho and ive gotta say that battlefield 2 looks pretty nice with alot of the things we have been wanting for flashers 2 appearing on it and there is also talk that it will support up to 100 people which sounds promising. So i guess we have other games we can play until/if flashpoint 2 is released. Be nice if they could show a screen once a month or something like that to keep the community going.

told ya so...  wink_o.gif

lol, they probably wont release OFP2 till we all have lost interest in games altogether...

and shit, most people i know in real life never even heard of OFP... they are loosing presious time... i looked at OFP GOTYE, and thought, i would never buy this game today, im lucky i bought it back when i did, because the box and pictures of smily "Caslousky" was laughable, i mean the OFP buzz is wearing off if it ever was here (in Canada anyways) and they show no sign of bringing us #2

great marketing team they must have  wow_o.gif

lol no flashpoint at e3 lol, i just find it hugely amusing, here we go again Flashpoint with absolutly no marketing whatsoever.

Hmm, what i don't really get is this: there has never been an official announcement about ofp2 being at e3. There only was one from ign (or something) which was countered at once in the codemasters forum. So why did people even think that ofp2 would be on e3?

It's the same with the release date. Look at the age of the "ofp2 not in 2004" thread... but still people are coming here and arguing like "i read on someones homepage ofp2 is out, where can i get it?".

I get the impression people only read and hear what they want to and then come here to complain that reality differs from their little fairytale world.

But i have to agree that the marketing for ofp1 was really bad and that it seems that the marketing for ofp2 will be as bad or even worse. And that is not good. I don't remember when i first heard about far cry, stalker, soeldner or doom3, must be years back. So far no one i know who is not already part of the small ofp community has heard anything about ofp2 (most haven't heard about ofp1 either). It's sad to see a great game not getting it's fair share of fame because of bad marketing sad_o.gif

Hmm, what i don't really get is this: there has never been an official announcement about ofp2 being at e3. There only was one from ign (or something) which was countered at once in the codemasters forum. So why did people even think that ofp2 would be on e3?

It's the same with the release date. Look at the age of the "ofp2 not in 2004" thread... but still people are coming here and arguing like "i read on someones homepage ofp2 is out, where can i get it?".

I get the impression people only read and hear what they want to and then come here to complain that reality differs from their little fairytale world.

But i have to agree that the marketing for ofp1 was really bad and that it seems that the marketing for ofp2 will be as bad or even worse. And that is not good. I don't remember when i first heard about far cry, stalker, soeldner or doom3, must be years back. So far no one i know who is not already part of the small ofp community has heard anything about ofp2 (most haven't heard about ofp1 either). It's sad to see a great game not getting it's fair share of fame because of bad marketing sad_o.gif

yes, that's true. if my friend would not have shown me flashpoint 1 years ago i would not be here now... i never heard about it before.

i read once of OPF1 but,i didnt heard nothing after that.I foud demo when it was 6 moths old.

There was no big BUMM, like now.

Im 100% shure if they would shown more pictures of OPF1 they would sold much more copies.because when i tried demo i buyed all OPF, OPF Red hammer and Resistance originals, because of my respect to developers, and i will buy OPF2 allso money is not the problem.

And what i recive from them??

Not an sigle picture from their new work.Its not fair from them to us.

Bis is developing OPF2 for 1 year or more and nothing??May i ask why?

I have my own company and i know if there is no commercial there is no bucks!

So my opinion is codemasters dont alow them to show us pictures or much more.If u look closer to simlar other games there is a lot of stelling from OPF.

wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Marek and others from BIS

, thats only my opinion!

The sad thing isn't that it's not shown on E3, the that thing is the conclusion about this fact:

Like They said they won't show it on E3 cause the developement is not in a state that they could show something.

So with this info i don't believe ina release date arround early 2005.

Even Battlefield 2 (which should be ready early 2005) has lot of screens and movies on the E3.

The only info i want to have (from an BI official) is: Are they still working on OFP2 and if yes: whats the new planned release date.

*still crossing fingers*

Hotkey

Im not too bothered with when it is released (i know how it is to set a date for release) but would be nice for a little info. You guys were right on the marketing on flashers as i think that stupid game Popstars or whatever it was got more advertising then Flashpoint ever did and still flashpoint sold over a million copies, which could have doubled if they had better advertisments. Maybe as the other guys have said that it is so early in development that nothing is of decent quality to show, but i dont think this is the case wink_o.gif As im sure the talented guys could knock a few models up within a week or 2 being full time 3d artists. If they ever do need any help with British addons then we would love to help them free of charge could push the release date foward a bit biggrin_o.gif

they are going to use OFP1 - xbox to reopen the market to OFP,

then they will release OFP2,

it just dawned on me... wow_o.gif

marketing for ofp was all over buses and shop windows back in 2001 or 2 when it came about.. I didn't actually think anything of it but I do clearly recall seeing it enough to find it annoying.. advertising has an anti effect on me though I evantually came across the game by other means.. as for farcry and soldner and whatever else, I generally hear about those from other ofp gamers where I chat who seem to me to be seeking alternatives to their favorite game that in my eyes just don't, wont and never could suffice.. but I have not seen any advertising for those games whatsoever

I'm curious to see what comes about with ofp2 and I had hoped to hear something about it with this e3 gathering - most importantly to me is the inclusion of female soldiers as I'm really really sick of having to role play as a guy in a battle scenario

I desperately tried to get through to maruk regarding this lately but his lips are completely sealed and I'm not sure whether to find this disturbing or promising though I get the impression things are happening.. I can't lie to say the lack of sorely missed content wont be one of the most dissapointing waits of my gaming life, reinforced by the fact that I pretty much hate all other games or find my attention span not large enough for them.. and unfortunately being a huge minority (oxymoron not intended) this matters to me as I could imagine most of you guys clearly don't care.. I will probably stop playing games altogether if bis dissapoints until a day where the female community isn't so neglected with cool games (after amiga, cool games to date = 1)

It is hard to acknowledge but maybe it was a fault to announce OFP2 too early and we can see the consequences now.

The community is eager to see actual game footage, absorbs every new piece of information like a sponge and is frustrated if there actually are none of these.

I understand that it takes time to develop such a great game but as a part of the community I would want to be treated fair information-wise.

If there is no statement or developement update at all, even when there is the biggest game related expo going on (the game was already announced last year for the end of 2004!), I would miss the lack of communication between the developer and its customers when there is not a single piece of information at all.

If there are problems with the time schedule, please tell us and we won't mind - delay is part of the game industry and very common nowadays.

But the complete lack of news regarding our much anticipated sequel is simply frustrating even though I regard myself as patient enough to wait for its release.

In addition, OFP1 is still unique in the game industry and I haven't found another game yet which has such a deep atmosphere, or varieties of gameplay to replace it fully. Otherwise, from the technological point of view, I begin to miss certain things which are standard in today's games.

The lack of suitable alternatives can be seen as strongest advantage over its competitors. ;)

Heh, perhaps all this stuff about classified information, which for sure has come with the creation of VBS and the connections to real military branches, has made BIS forget (at least a bit) about how do deal with content they want to sell to the broader public. Maybe I just don't see the whole full story - the larger picture or marketing strategy behind all this, but from a customer's point of view, the lack of information looks like a gigantic, please forgive the term, PR catastrophy. It is just frustrating and slowly reaches a level where I assume some people might actually consider to break away from Flashpoint and search for alternatives, because of all the uncertainty of what to expect. Sorry!

I agree.. I'm getting quite annoyed to be honest about the lack of information... all that is available now are rumours.

Even if this lack of OFP2 information is to keep the attention to the Xbox version (which looks good btw) then it's still annoying. Hell , I would even like a confirmation that the project is still underway (although I'm pretty sure it is).

Anyway.. I hope this blackout of information is soon lifted sad_o.gif

Xbox version (which looks good btw)

Is it? I really can´t see it.

I desperately tried to get through to maruk regarding this lately but his lips are completely sealed

he probably just doesnt have time or doesnt want to answer every kid who directly emails him about ofp2...

i mean he is a businessman wink_o.gif

what would u expect to hear...?

"ok man, im gonna give you the inside scoop, shit i might even let u try ofp2 before anyone else, shit,... wanna sleep over?"

tounge_o.gif

Well... after I promised Claire (from Codemasters) a kiss or a hug if she got hold of Marek, she has apparently delivered:

Quote[/b] ]You’ll be happy to know that I collared the dev team from Dragon Empires to answer a few questions, David Doak from Free Radical (Second Sight), Nikolay from 1C (working on Soldiers and Wartime) and…..Marek from Bohemia (Operation Flashpoint to those of you not in the know) – and yes I asked the questions and yes you’ll have to wait for your respective CLOs to post them up on the various websites – having done all the interviews I’m afraid I don’t have time to transcribe them all and post them up – but they will be coming soon the boys assure me.

So... maybe there's some info on OFP 2. At this point, any info will do for me... just a statement that they're still working on it...

Hmmm... can anybody loan me money for my trip to the UK to kiss Claire? (or come pick me up? I live in Norway...)  tounge_o.gif  blues.gif