Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Joining a MP game without using AS/Game Spy

Do you have to use All seeing or Game Spy to join a MP game?

one or the other, ASE sees EVERY server in the world

GSA is for twits that don't know better, and it degrades Ping

If you don't want to use Gamespy or ASE, then get some others together and use remote IP connection.

It's the only connection method we use, unless we can run a LAN meeting.

which is pointless since the EYE list the very servers your talking about. the EyE conects direct, thats all you need

Just get a good group of friends and give them ya i.p via icq and join by remote.

The eye does NOT list all servers running, which is a good thing. We are able to run DED and it does not show on EYE, and we don't want it to. Haha, like we want some sniper dweebs hosing our excellent Co-op games.

I am with 'ufo hk'. If you are lucky enough to have some to connect with, it is great.

sorry it list all servers, unless you edited the MP source code which you didn't it will show in the eye, I see thousands of server with no filter

Sorry there RN Malebeef, but it does not show all servers.  Though my buds can connect to my lone DED via a IP, my DED does NOT show up on ASE.

And I wanted it to show up, at first.

Nothing edited out at all. It probably has to do with my ISDN and having multiple local PC's/IP's on a LAN modem.

(Edited by Thundercok at 8:15 am on Oct. 30, 2001)

nope, unless you run behind a FW with all ports close it wont show up, and no one will conect.

All ded/hosted servers from 1.0 to 1.27 conect to the main Host IP server to report status

Man, are you dense RN Malebeef.

I can run my DED server, it does not show up in ASE or Gamespy, but my buds CAN CONNECT TO ME by typing in the IP in remote.

How do you type in the IP in remote? Forgive me I'm a dumbass newbie

Errr.....Bump

Well, you click the wrod 'remote' and put in the ip;

No port usually. Just substitute the true ip for 111111.

Can you see the word remote? My bud last night could not see it after upgrading to 1.29, so he had to run preferences autodetect again.

Got it....

Thanks

Can any of you guys help me I can,t connect to any multiplayer games thru gamespy. Although I have just downloaded version 1.20 every time I try it tells me my game version is no good .Should I download version 1.29 and if so where would I get it from.Also as I am a newby to online gaming what is ASE. Finally any help to get me online would be appreciated as I need all the help I can get.(uk gamer)