Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Ofp2 supporting directx9, dynamic lighting ect!

But, If they just fix that clipping issues and make OFP2 look a little better than VBS1 I'd be the happiest camper in the forest.

biggrin_o.gif

Im sure they said they had fixed that with the xbox version aswell as joining the game with its playing.  smile_o.gif

Edit: Clipping has also been fixed in vbs1.

@Balschoiw: If ofp2 would have stalker/HL2 gfx u wouldent be the only one to die ina  sec  tounge_o.gif ....

ot: I REALLY hope OFP2 Will support ATI card Much more than what OFp1 do/did smile_o.gif

bump maps would be nice.

That plastic look? Eww

If its used correctly it can make stone walls look bumpy or tyres.

I prefer to have playability as opposed to 'eye candy'.

bumpmapping is good, if used proberly.

polybumping would also own, makes the enemies even MORE real (in Farcry they even bumped out the vains!)

however, with Random lightning, i thing the AI should also react to your shadow... in specop missions and such?

If they use SM 3.0 and vetex shaders 3.0 that would be amazing, also with HDRI.

I will defiantly upgrade my pc for that.

ШIt would be nice to have realistic water biggrin_o.gif for example like in FarCry smile_o.gif

I think Kegetys did a pretty good job with water in OFP. Just missing waves.  wink_o.gif

ШIt would be nice to have realistic water biggrin_o.gif for example like in FarCry smile_o.gif

Realistic for a theme park, maybe.

Or a tropical island...

Hi there guys,

Im new around here smile_o.gif

561091_20040512_screen009.jpg

This image from Operation Flashpoint for X-BOX. I was suprised by the quality of it.

Before you run too far afield with Soldner comparisons, read the fine print, where it says that you will only play in small subsets of the giant world map. If they plan on mapping siberia realisticly as they claim, that's going to be the mother of DVD games. I can't begin to imagine how long it would take to set up the whole system to dynamically simulate real GIS data, let alone how big it would be.

Second, if you read between the lines there as well, you notice that they appear to be having struggles as well with dealing with significant amounts of hardware or software lag due to lots of dynamically handled trees and rocks and objects. Go read up on aLonewolf's WRP (fwvr) spec, and you'll see how bad it scales.

I didn't bother reading all five pages (tired), so don't hurt me please!

I'd like to see OFP done in OpenGL instead of M$ DirectX, Doom 3 uses Open GL and look at that! I also think it's cooler to use Open Source instead of dumb commercial stuff.

And then I could probably get OFP to work with WINE... currently the mouse is screwed up and it CTDs more than Windoze does :/

I dont think the ofp engine will look good in opengl. Only if we made every island 100m*100 smile_o.gif

I dont think the ofp engine will look good in opengl.

Why would it look any different? rock.gif

Problems with OpenGL programming:

1 - ATI fans will be outraged, but not take it out on ATI's crummy implementation.

2 - No kickbacks from MS.

3 - Engine would not be cross-portable to xBox.

Advantages of an OpenGL implementation:

1 - Maybe ATI would finally make a good OpenGL driver

2 - Not tied to MS

3 - Engine would be cross-portable to Linux, MacOS, etc.

wink_o.gif

Oh yeah let´s hope ofp2 looks like openGL flagship doom3  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Problems with OpenGL programming:

1 - ATI fans will be outraged, but not take it out on ATI's crummy implementation.

2 - No kickbacks from MS.

3 - Engine would not be cross-portable to xBox.

thats it. i'm sold  open gl it is.

XBOX is the biggest danger to OPF2 ever.

X-box = pc games designed to be compatable with Xbox. 667 mhz cpu 64 mb ram gf3 gpu.

with ubi trying to buy bis, and opf for the xbox coming out, theres a damn good chance they may start chasing those xbox sales a little too hard for pc mugs like me.

mongrol technology nerfed crossbreeds are a real turn off.

Advantages of an OpenGL implementation:

1 - Maybe ATI would finally make a good OpenGL driver

2 - Not tied to MS

3 - Engine would be cross-portable to Linux, MacOS, etc.

Agreed. Not to mention they're making an X-box port of Doom 3.

And maybe Doom 3 will get ATI to make better OpenGL drivers... though I doubt OFP2 would (too realistic for your two second attention span average gamer)

And the less Microsoft you use, the better.

I've got OFP to run under Linux using Wine, but like I said above the mouse is screwed up and it CTDs a lot... but it runs. Still haven't tried WineX though.

And OFP for X-box takes out the greatest feature: user customization. Very unlikely to have custom faces, no unofficial addons, and the mission editor will likely be easy-mode only.

And if OFP looked like Doom 3 but could still run Battlefields at 25 FPS I'd be sold biggrin_o.gif But I'd be perfectly happy with VBS-1 quality graphics.

As the game appears to be delayed to at least 2006 we might perhaps expect DirectX10 support... crazy_o.gif