Sign in to follow this  
ArchangelSKT

Ghost recon 2 confirmed by ubisoft

Well, looks like my guess about China being the next enemy  seems to be right:

Scan from ghostrecon2.co.uk

Notice how the tank in the upper left picture is a Chinese Type-98 and the setting suggests that the fighting takes place around mainland China.

I played the socom 2 demo. There were alot of things I liked like the ai following you even when you are moving like hell, the carrying of bodies, and the cool theme. But the ai was too simple, the graphics bled my eyes, and controls sucked.

But I played Nagual's OFP Delta Force mission of siezing the warlord and that kicked more ass than that Socom demo. ^_^ But I wish the ofp2 ai followed you closer like in other more arcadey games lie Ghost Recon.

But I played Nagual's OFP Delta Force mission of siezing the warlord and that kicked more ass than that Socom demo. ^_^  But I wish the ofp2 ai followed you closer like in other more arcadey games lie Ghost Recon.

Link? biggrin_o.gif

it was in an earlier magazine issue of Official Playstation magazine.  wink_o.gif

Doh, the delta mission in the Ballistic Delta/Ranger mission pack.

Try Avon's MOM archive.

cool theme.

Do you mean the Main theme on the start up page? That song is with my favorite game songs up there with MoH theme and MGS2 theme. smile_o.gif

OT, but spec op, what is up with your stars?  wow_o.gif

Suma loves me

Looksing at the scanned pics. If there a spec ops team. Why do they have Apace and F15 support rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Pathy @ April 18 2004,14:16)

OT, but spec op, what is up with your stars?

Suma loves me

Ahhh yeah tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Looksing at the scanned pics. If there a spec ops team. Why do they have Apace and F15 support

Air strikes?

Article

Quote[/b] ]“Through propaganda, entertainment and movies,†Americans “have shown everyone their hatred for us. This may be just a game to them now, but a war will not be a game for them later. In war, they will only face miserable defeat and gruesome deaths.â€

Oh boy...wonder what Castro thought of "Island Thunder"

rock.gif

we would be able to do the same thing if only the ROC mod had their units on the resistance side instead of east. Oh well.

Merged into the existing GR2 thread.

Pajama please search before posting, we love the phrase so much we made it a rule smile_o.gif

hhhmmm odd i did a serch for Ghost Recon 2 for atleast 1 year and did'nt find it rock.gif

oh well very sorry...

*bump*bump*

Hey, i just saw the E3 trailer and it looks great, even has a TPS game it seems very promissing, no proper ironsights though and info on the title seems very scarse but what i have seem of it is very impressive, is this really coming out in november rock.gif .

My Korean friend sent me this news.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/24/news_6114004.html

Quote[/b] ]South Korea bans Ghost Recon 2

Ubisoft's squad-based shooter will not be released in South Korea because the story goes "way too far".

Citing a plotline that goes "way too far", South Korea's Media Rating Board has rejected approval of Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2, according to American military newspaper Stars and Stripes. This (obviously) forced the game's Korean publisher to abandon its plans for a localization of the squad-based shooter.

While disappointing, it is unsurprising that Ghost Recon 2 would rile South Korean censors. Its near-future storyline is set in the year 2007 on the PlayStation 2 and 2011 on the Xbox, and features commando missions into a conflict-wracked North Korea. Mass warfare on the Korean peninsula is a touchy subject, since North Korea is still technically at war with South Korea. That nation's capital, Seoul, has an estimated 11,000 artillery pieces aimed at it by its northern neighbor, whose Stalinist dictator, Kim Jong Il, has said he could turn the city into a "sea of fire" any time he wanted.

It also won't be much of a shock that Ghost Recon 2 is not popular with the North Korean government either. A preview of the game at this year's E3 prompted one North Korean newspaper to write some choice words: "Through propaganda, entertainment and movies, [Americans] have shown everyone their hatred for us. This may be just a game to them now, but a war will not be a game for them later. In war, they will only face miserable defeat and gruesome deaths."

A representative at Ubisoft defended the game, stating "When we developed the story background, we aimed at staying away from key current or specific events while still having a reasonable setting for a conflict."

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 is currently available for the Xbox--and has been reviewed--and the PS2 version will reach North American retailers December 30. Both will sell for $49.99. PC and GameCube versions are due for release next spring.

he also added an interesting point not covered in this article. he said that Ubi soft could have appealed the decision, but decided not to. maybe it's bacuase Ubi soft is a French company? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

maybe it's bacuase Ubi soft is a French company?  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Crazy commies, banning games....Russia didn't ban OFP when it showed them as the bad guys tounge_o.gif.

and its good the Russian Government didn't. otherwise we wouldnt have any talented mod makers in Russia making some cool stuff smile_o.gif