Sign in to follow this  
ArchangelSKT

Ghost recon 2 confirmed by ubisoft

I agreee with Tex the AI is like a giraffe with its feet rooted to the ground tounge_o.gif

Heck they just dont move enough and whoever was the person who made some of those missions , just put them deliberately in side corners so you wouldnt see them the first time and get shot , but next time they get owned and that was all there was to the game , trail and error err get shot then own them i mean wink_o.gif

In OFP its a totally different scenario you dont end up gtting killed in the same way again and again the AI moves from its spots and changes its tactics after assessing the situation , although somtimes it can be a bit*h too blues.gif

It was a ok game, ill problably just buy it because it will arrive before OPF2 but...

OPF>GR.

OPF2>GR2

Not to mention support, comunity, user made material, mission editor, etc. OPF's engine has alot more to deliver smile_o.gif .

Somethings that made GR a "meh" game:

1)When you open fire on a group, they instantly know where you are and fire on you with AMAZING accuracy.(It wasnt as bad in the PS2 version but horible in the PC version) rock.gif

2)Though I LOVE having my AI soldiers standing in my way while I try to open fire, it gets annoying after awhile. rock.gif

3)The giant crosshair for the sniper rifle is so 1337! rock.gif

4)Music could be better, but the intros for the PS2 and XBOX versions matched up with the music better. smile_o.gif

5)I believe that the squad sizes were so reasonable for the task ahead. rock.gif

So in conclusion, if they show the weapon and if the squads become larger and the storylines still good I would buy it.

(Idea for storyline:We know about how Russian forces moved into Latvia,Lithuania and Estonia but they dont mention the Eastern Front. Perhaps GR2 is about Japan/US holding off Russians from taking over Hokkaido....)

Quote[/b] ]So in conclusion, if they show the weapon and if the squads become larger and the storylines still good I would buy it.

(Idea for storyline:We know about how Russian forces moved into Latvia,Lithuania and Estonia but they dont mention the Eastern Front. Perhaps GR2 is about Japan/US holding off Russians from taking over Hokkaido....)

Sounda lot like the mod for Flashpoint "Battle over Hokkido" wink_o.gif

GR1 was an okay game, it was below my expectations due mostly to the small maps and bad AI. I did like the game's aptmosphere and the nice textures though ( I guess its a tradeoff from having large less-detailed areas like in OFP to small nice looking maps)

I hope GR2 will have more accessible vehicles and maybe a more interesting plot ( perhaps a more interesting conflict such as US vs. China)

Quote[/b] ]So in conclusion, if they show the weapon and if the squads become larger and the storylines still good I would buy it.

Sounda lot like the mod for Flashpoint "Battle over Hokkido"  wink_o.gif

Shhhhh,dont tell them. wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I never did like GR1.Control interface was crapy,AI was crapy. I bought it after I finished OF so imagine me saying:

Why can`t I enter vehicles/Why are maps made in a zig zag way and are so small/Why can`t I see my weapon?

And last but not least the story.It just didn`t give me any motivation.Only one way of finishing missions and sometimes were repetetive.I am just so used to voice acted ingame cutscene that I can`t play anything different.

...And the vehical models were laughable, i remember a mission at an airport where there was a hind inside a hangar, ugliest thing i ever saw tounge_o.gif .

GR1 campaigns were both way too quick and easy for my liking. I know me and a buddy finished the entire original campaign doing an all-nighter in co-op mode on elite. It was fun. But afterwards, it was a feeling of 'pfft, that's it?!?'.

Good game, as in adictive whilist it's not repetitive, but really falls down once you've conquered it. Also, the inability of seeing the weapon in hand, and those terribly cheap 'zoomable' sights made it a bit lacking.

America's Army does the same thing. Just a whole lot better.

America's Army SHOULD be better, seeing as it was released several years after Ghost Recon.

Ghost Recon AI really sucked, especially the AI of your team mates.

When under fire, they tend to be human shields by crouching in your line of fire 1 meter ahead of you. rock.gif

I really enjoyed the expansion disks. The ai were always uber headshot artists, but with the realism mods that went away and firefights were much longer and just felt better as the ai used suppresion fire pretty well. OFP is a better game, but GR2 did have lots of things that it did better than OFP.

But this GR2 comment bugs me.

"Besides retaining multiplayer functionality, the game will feature a "completely redesigned graphics engine" and "the most intuitive gameplay to date." As for its plot, Ubisoft said only that it would be set in East Asia and would have "an emotionally charged storyline."

So for me, by intuitive, it sounds like it will be dumbed down and be geared more for console players sad_o.gif And emotionally charged storyline? I've yet to really get involved in ANY RS game storyline and I've tried. I like them, but they were always so... without heart. So anything would better than what they had as you always felt detached from the plot.

Feh...I was very disappointed with GR, and Ubisoft are the antichrist, so I won't be holding my breath for this one...

But this GR2 comment bugs me.

"Besides retaining multiplayer functionality, the game will feature a "completely redesigned graphics engine" and "the most intuitive gameplay to date." As for its plot, Ubisoft said only that it would be set in East Asia and would have "an emotionally charged storyline."

hmm..can someone say Afghanistan or North Korea? wink_o.gif

"US takes care of evil <insert one of the two>" unclesam.gifcrazy_o.gif

Almost there Ralphy, more like "US takes care of evil TERRORISTS in <insert one of the two>"

...And the vehical models were laughable, i remember a mission at an airport where there was a hind inside a hangar, ugliest thing i ever saw tounge_o.gif .

Hehe, and that's all they are, vehicle MODELS tounge_o.gif

OFP I love you! smile_o.gif

OFP is the best game but I still play R6 Rouge Spear okay you can't see the weapons the Ai may not be the smartest but whit Loyed's weapon mod I am incvinceble: get you free head shots over here biggrin_o.gif After playing it in 5 years I have become just as good or better Shot then my teammates(whitout using full auto and trying to make a Swiss cheases out of rums) instintiv shoting its so cool to see a enemy and then it lays dead on the flor the next moment. This is somthing I realy miss in OFP but here you get to shoot russians officers(spetnaz snipers under cover) on 300m+ whit M16 so I'm happy.

The worse part is that when you eventualy get some CQB in OFP(like russians trying to hide indside closets) I get a chok and burst off a half mag.

STGN

http://www.ghostrecon.net/

Haha, it's going the xbox route and being really dumbed down. Looks the the PC will be a port and not the other way around. Also the rumors of drivable vehicles was just a rumor. Some really really pissed off GR fans, lol. It's losing more realism to be more "accessible."  Looks like OFP and OFP2 will be the only realistic ground sims for a loong time. I love it.

Just chill and see what will happen. Compare the Rainbow Six PC and Xbox version and you will see that they are very different, but still classified as the same game.

Well it's obvious Ubisoft is aiming for the "Socom U.S. Navy Seals" type gameplay. I have yet to play Socom US Navy Seals, but from the looks of it, the only interesting aspect is Multiplayer...so I'll only wait until a friend gets it.

I never was a fan of Ghost Recon. For one, the game is too short. About 11 or 12 short repetitive missions and it's done. Boring.

If the game packed a few extra missions like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, which had around 20 unique missions, I would maybey be a little more interested in Ghost Recon 2. Lets just hope they add a little more to te game engine.

Why should Ubisoft go for Socom gameplay when the current Ghost Recon is outselling it? smile_o.gif

OT, but spec op, what is up with your stars? wow_o.gif

Oh and good game the other day, we whooped those guys asses in that C&H.