1.96 on suse

hey all

i got suse 9 , pro .... kernel

2.4.21-99-athlon

the server just segfaults...

/opt/games/ofp # ./server

3:42:26 Dedicated server created, memory used: 8844 KB

Segmentation fault

thats all i get.. any clues, has anoyne ever ran into this.. i had it working briefly but it was still buggy... it seems this problem was introduced in the 1.96 build...ill try switching kernels.

i just upgraded to 2.4.21-199-athlon

same thing....

v:/opt/games/ofp # ./server

4:03:34 Dedicated server created, memory used: 8848 KB

Segmentation fault

i also copied fresh install from my windows box over... hmmmm.... well at this pint i dont know.. guess ill have to backtrack my steps... But if anyone does know any help would be appreciated.. i guess ill run a strace ... see what happens

Same for me, although i'm running on Gentoo with a 2.6.3 kernel.

Search for segfault and libs in this forum. You need older versions of ld-linux.so.2, libc.so.6, libnss_dns.so.2, libnss_files.so.2 and libresolv.so.2 and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly.

Benu, thanks for your response you da man... I was oblivious to the fact that, when i was searching i noticed on the bottom theres a selection for search this thread .... primarily.... search OLDER threads... rather than .. New + This Month....

If i remember correctly i think I did have to put the -nomap command after server.... We'll see

Then again it was 1am

.. so i was probably tired.... Im at work right now.. ill check it out when i get home and post a reply let you guys know how i did!!

Thanks again....

Ill keep u guys posted.. tounge_o.giftounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

If you need this libs i can send them to you...

-nomap worked for me, the server no longer segfaults. There should REALLY be a -h or --help option to display parameters, or at least include these in the readme file that follows the linux server

Hey benu!

I'm having this problem too, but -nomap doesn't help.

Where can I get older versions of those .so files?

[EDIT] I got them off a linux server -- seems to work now. At least it doesn't crash straight away. I'll be back with more w(h)ine if it doesn't work out.

RN Malboeuf was there a point to that post? Seems like spam to me?

RN Malboeuf was there a point to that post? Seems like spam to me?

yes we're having problems with a new linux server

since we bought a deul xeon 2.8 ghz ht

been spending two days on it and if you give me crap bout this post you'll make me mad

seems the latest two releases of the kernal is what is killing some of us

trying to get a hold of benu  too

and the word sexy is better then bump lol

i've been here to long for you to yell at me lol

can some one link me to the script or send it over, and i need the files too sad_o.gif

one question i have is how secure will that be for web hosting off the same server?

Put the server in a nonprivileged rootjail together with the required libs. It's how I'm running the server, and it works just fine. Get the libs off any old linux installation - I got mine off an old RedHat and I'm using them with a gentoo without any problems.

i've been here to long for you to yell at me lol

No you haven't, nor have you been here too long to have an oversized sig, I suggest you fix it before you lose the lot to a bunny.

That why you just removed the image from it? Behave now or I'll set Ralph loose on you wink_o.gif

image?

i had a linux logo in there for a few minutes, never liked it so left it the way it was

man your crabby lol

Mad cow disease finally got me wink_o.gif