Sign in to follow this  
C4P741N

Force recon

I'd like to point out that I have zero real world military knowledge. I don't know if the US forces have dedicated winter camo, or if they do/don't wear bandanas/beanies/helmets, nor do I know what OD's are. With this lack of knowledge I have the luxury of not caring. I am new to addon making and saw an opportunity to make some troops that didn't come with the original pack and that other people might be able to use.  smile_o.gif

And a good job you did!!! IMO though the bandanna guys just look too much like the BIS Spetznatz, and around here the only people I see wearing bandannas are bald guys and rednecks!! wow_o.gif

so how bout olive drab suits for entry teams?
Quote[/b] ]I'd like to point out that I have zero real world military knowledge.
 smile_o.gif

I'm all for new ideas Sgt. Stryker but photos of what you want would save me the time of googling for 'olive drab suits'.  tounge_o.gif

@noundo: I'm glad you like them. Unfortunately there is little I can do in the way of removing the bandanas from the model as I haven't been able to get O2 running on my machine and I'd prefer not to remove the model from the pack altogether.

Captain

That's a nice job you did here, C4P741N!

Great looking units, same as your Winter USMNC-Units!  tounge_o.gif

Will you retexture the Naval Speznaz the same way? Some OPFOR-Units in this style would be sweet!  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

howd you edit textures without using o2?

im learning just how to use o2 at the moment

but editing textures would be mad

its kinda hard to see but you get the gist of it

Yeah its a toy and its not green but its all the same concept

heres a good pic, maybe you should just make it gray

heres a tan version.... hmm im getting an idea

So now Im thinking make 3 more versions of these guys in O.D. Grey and Tan, but DONT call them recon. Name them USMC F.A.S.T. company (Fleet Anti-terrorism Security Team) you will be a god if you do this. The models are perfect (only use the guys with helmets, use the guy with the beanie for the sniper NO bandana man) make thier "equipment" (that is now woodland) black, add some of liquid snakes faces and you have the best anti terrorism/cqb units for OFP. Hope this helps if you want help as me i'll see what I can do.

Hey I just made some olive drab textures for these guys and I want to give them to you. it was actually easy after I made the all white ones. But anyways pm me with your emial or msm name and I'll give them to you in a zip or somthing.

I've edited my first post with a link for the Urban units. I updated the orignal d/load to contain these aswell.

@MEDICUS

Quote[/b] ]Will you retexture the Naval Speznaz the same way? Some OPFOR-Units in this style would be sweet!
Quote[/b] ]I will be updating the Winter USMC I made aswell as thier RNI counterparts, so that these units and the wusmc will have adequate OPFOR.

wink_o.gif

@calm_terror: only your last pic works for me but I'm now looking into doing this for the updated Winter USMC

@Stryker: Sounds good, PM sent

edit I thought I'd put a link here for the Urban update only: Urban Force Recon

Captain

FAST (Fake Ass SEAL Team) Companies don't conduct Hostage Rescue or CQB operations as so many people believe. While they are trained for it, it isn't their main mission. Their main purpose is Anti-Terrorism, instead of Counter-Terrorism (Delta and DEVGRU stuff). The reinforce embassies if a terrorist threat is expected, etc, etc. They were of the first guys into Liberia and Haiti and dress just like any normal USMC Infantyr units does. Suchey's regular Marines would be a better portrayal of them. However, USMC Force Recon does wear those OD and tan CQB uniforms. Pictures can be seen of them wearing the tan ones on Direction Action operations in Afghanistan.  

Also, are there any plans to make a boonie hat model?z_usmc07.jpg

Force Recon in Afghanistan

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/marines/z_usmc07.jpg

Force Recon Training

------------------------------------------------------------In Iraq:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....aaf.jpg

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....aad.jpg

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....aan.jpg

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....aao.jpg

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....on3.jpg

Copy the shortcuts and post them into the browser, clicking never works with militaryphotos shots

I believe the force recon guys switched from nomex flightsuits (tan and OD) to normal bdu's (woodland, desert ect). The Nomex flightsuits are hotter and less comfortable than the BDU's.

Cool units C4P741N. Allready making a mission with them. Its quite good.

@MEDICUS
Quote[/b] ]Will you retexture the Naval Speznaz the same way? Some OPFOR-Units in this style would be sweet!
Quote[/b] ]I will be updating the Winter USMC I made aswell as thier RNI counterparts, so that these units and the wusmc will have adequate OPFOR.

wink_o.gif

Ok, Ok! I know .... first read carefully ... and after that, read it again. Then post.  crazy_o.gif

But thx for your answer and THX for making the RNI-Units!  smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

"FAST (Fake Ass SEAL Team) Companies" sorry man but that was very assholish of you. These guys do just as much anti/copunter terrorism as the seals do. Anyways its not like the MFR ever fought RNI at an island called Nogova? Dude really think brofre you post, you have no idea who could be on these foroums, what if someone here had a son in FAST hed ripe your sorry ass apart. Be nice dude or pay the consiquences, thats worse than country bashing.

isn't FAST made and trained for retaking US Navy ships nothing more. it use to be called something these. oh yeah tactical Forces. if I had passed my MEPPS exam I would have been that.

it is the SWAT of the marine corp.

they handle stuff that MP's can't and back up the guard gate as well as pull embasscy duty.

SRTs are the SWAT team of the Corps, based on land.

FAST teams are CT teams tasked to fleets

Marine Force Recon is a reconnaisance unit attached to Marine MEUs to spearhead an amphibious landing.

Hope that clarifies the subject of MSOC

ok so make them srt marines with od, tan , and gray suits. I got all the green done if you want them, after that all you have to do is desturate them for the gray, and mess with the hue and lighness for the tan, easy as mash potatoes.

The reason I call them that is because my father (Former member of one of the FAST Companies) and later the First Force Reconnaissance company refers to them as such (In a joking manner, just like myself). I don't wan't to start any sort of flame war, but they don't do anything like SEALs whatsoever. They are simply infantry with a very specialized role of reinforcing US Embassies and their Marine guard detachments when there is a fear of possible terrorism. ANTI-Terrorism (measures taken to prevent a possible attack), they do not conduct counter-terrorism (actions taken after one has happened and requires DA to solve it ie a hostage rescue.)

Hence the name Fleet ANTI-Terrorism Security Team. Also, there is no such thing as Marine Special Operations Command.

Force Recon isn't always assigned to an MEU, they are relegated to the Fleet Marine Force, (why they're called FORCE Recon). A platoon from a Company is also attached to an MEU, along with a Maritime Special Purpose Force (they guys that do VBSS-Vessel Board Search Siezure and Gas Oil Platform takedowns.) They do a lot more then Recon, they call in airstrikes, conduct DA raids, take down vessels, can perform hostage rescue if need be. Their nature of Reconnaissance is deep into enemy territory to gather information crucial to Force commanders throughtout the whole war. Battalion Recon (A Battalion assigned to each Division as a I recall) have the single purpose of Recce in that divisions area to obtain intel important to ongoing operations.

Back on topic-I think Capt. may be right about ditching the CQB suits that resemble Nomex flight suits, I haven't seen a single FR guy wearing one in Iraq.

ok i forgive you, sorry i was grumpy biggrin_o.gif and a wee bit bipolar mad_o.gif anyways, so how about naming them USMC SRT then? same concept.

He could just ahead in time and call them SOCD-1 Marines.

Special Operations Command Detachment-1 is the USMC's newest unit...I believe it just finished training its first batch of operators (they were training with SEAL Team One). They are the USMC's first unit to fall under SOCOM control and do just about everything that the SEALs do.

Of course MSOC doesn't exist. It's all grouped in there under FCOM.

FR isn't always attached to an MEU, but normally is, as the bulk of USMC combat forces that actually do combat ops are MEUs.

The FAST team was the one that deployed from Georgia to Haiti.

The only Special Forces the Marines have is Force Recon, all others are Special Operations Capable, there is no MSOC or ANY Marine Special Ops Command-type organization.

That group is still in training and is being Evaluated by SOCOM. The Marines do not have SFQC and SFAS, thus lack a Special Forces Detachment or Group.

The first group of Det-1 operators have finished training.

the reason USMC do not have any SF command is because they are part of the NAVY so they would always fall under the US Navy SF command..